Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Yes sorry, i just hear that products in general from China are not good.
    If you're talking about dollar store plastic junk and knock-off toys often covered with lead paint... then yes.

But that definitely doesn't apply to everything that comes out of China, especially when it comes from very globalized companies such as those that produce electronics and computer products... it's good quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Silica View Post
    My mages name is Silica.
    Does he walk around with a mana shield all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silica_gel

High surface area per unit mass, therefore massive water absorption. It won't harm you as much as it makes out, you'll just feel VERY VERY thirsty til you next take a dump.
    You know this how?.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dgbb10 View Post
    You know this how?.....
    Read the article and draw your own conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Also im concerned about my mobo. Its an AsRock and the part im concerned about is that its made in China. :O
    Everything is made in China.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sant View Post
    keeps things dry, they absorb moisture
    This is what it does. For reference it is horribly bad for any part of the human anatomy, what with the high moisture content and all :P

Parts made in China are not good?

Wow, you're in for sad times then. Electronics and the like are pretty much made exclusively in Asia, China / Japan / Korea specifically. Just becuase it's made in China doesn't mean it has to be good or bad - a good manufacturer can create good products, no matter where they are - a bad manufacturer can create bad products no matter where they are.

And yeah, Silica Gel is extremely common to find in boxes when you buy anything containing electronics or other moisture-sensitive parts or materials - the gel simply absorbs moisture to protect whatever is in the box. Throw it in the trash - or leave it in the box if you're going to store things in it later, etc...

I buy a lot of DSLR camera lenses, and I always leave one of those small gel bags in the lens pouch to help keep it nice and free from moisture, for example.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Silica Jel = Japanese Candy
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything, I mean 98% of things you have is made in China.. Nothing bad with that though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Locking this. The question's been answered and now the thread is just devolving into people trying to convince the OP to eat desiccant and China bashing.