Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than random BGs having a minimum gear level, I've always supported the idea of there being a Random Rated BG with a minimum gear level--be that minimum resilience, ilvl, etc. But straight-out-of-the-gate standard random BGs should be kept perfectly random and chaotic.

That would be the day BG's died. I don't know what you mean, I don't have a single piece of pvp gear and I top damage, kills, caps etc, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Maybe you are just not as good as u think?

It's when Pvp bads come into Dungeons that problems start to arise.

tbh this is what rated BGs are for, normal BGs reward honer, for the lowest level of pvp stuff outside crafted sets just like the pve justice points vendor is for stuff to help you gear for heroics and raids honor gear is there to help you gear for arena and rated battlegrounds.

the way i see it is random bgs = normal instances and heroics
    rated bgs and arena = troll heroics and raids.

yeah low geared players may be annoying canon fodder but they can be a great distraction for your more geared players to be able to cap objectives or if they are defending a point then they are lookouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    tbh this is what rated BGs are for, normal BGs reward honer, for the lowest level of pvp stuff outside crafted sets just like the pve justice points vendor is for stuff to help you gear for heroics and raids honor gear is there to help you gear for arena and rated battlegrounds.

the way i see it is random bgs = normal instances and heroics
    rated bgs and arena = troll heroics and raids.

yeah low geared players may be annoying canon fodder but they can be a great distraction for your more geared players to be able to cap objectives or if they are defending a point then they are lookouts.
    The problem really lies when a PVP geared player comes into a dungeon, it will usually cause a Dungeon group to break up , thus wasting peoples time.

If a PVE geared player comes into a Battleground it really doesn't matter because the oppossing faction probably has the same.

I don't see the Troll npc's wearing fail PVP gear to up their ilevel.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    The problem really lies when a PVP geared player comes into a dungeon, it will usually cause a Dungeon group to break up , thus wasting peoples time.

If a PVE geared player comes into a Battleground it really doesn't matter because the oppossing faction probably has the same.

I don't see the Troll npc's wearing fail PVP gear to up their ilevel.
    i think you misunderstood what i was saying :P

i was using the pve examples as a way to illustrate how stupid and how the gear progression between the 2 matches up. for example

fresh dinged 85 ---> normal modes + normal heroics ---> troll heroics and raids
    fresh dinged 85 ---> crafted pvp stuff and honor gear ---> rated BGs and arenas

the virtues of pvp gear in dungeons is a completely different matter, if a healer or dps is in pvp gear and knows what they are doing then i have no problems with it seen full pvp geared people out perform pve geared players in heroics many times

Deleted
    Problem with that OP is that Battlegrounds are supposed to be 'entry level' for PvP. By putting an iLvl requirement on Battlegrounds you're forcing players into doing normal dungeons, and then Heroics, when really the 333/346 PvE gear won't do much for them in terms of survivability. They'll still get '2-shotted' if they have 100k health and 0 resilience. Yeah there's the crafted gear, but there isn't enough of it to give you 339 average iLvl, meaning that they'll still need to go through the Heroics. Also, making it so you need to make or buy the crafted gear just for you to be able to get into Battlegrounds is a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illegal Alien Bro View Post
    make different item level brackets at level 85, 1 for under geared scrubs and one for average joes.
    Solved.
    This would be the only fix imo, but then again, it brings about the feeling that gearing up is pointless. "Oh wow, I just got all this gear, I can't wait to run around causing destruction with it... oh wait, everyone has this?"

Personally I think it's fine how it is at the moment. Maybe they could do some tweaking to make sure that teams are always fairly balanced so that you don't end up with a team of fresh 85s against a team of 3k+resilience, but I don't think I've ever ran into this sort of problem, not often anyway. If your team has a few fresh 85s in it, chances are the other team will too, so it balances out. Just keep the freshly dinged away from the flag and you'll be fine.

Oh, another thing. I can't understand why someone would want to run into BGs when they've just dinged 85 anyway, without getting any crafted gear. On my Priest, even with roughly iLvl355 PvE gear, I still get pretty much 2-shotted. Making people do Heroics to get into Battlegrounds won't make any difference on this, since they'll still get 2-shotted, you just won't be able to notice them as easy since their health will be higher.

Deleted
    No, I like to enter battlegrounds in full Vicious and blast people down fast, and I also like being able not to die, because of such a high resilience rating. I PvP with an Unholy DK too, it's so fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    That would be the day BG's died. I don't know what you mean, I don't have a single piece of pvp gear and I top damage, kills, caps etc, EVERY SINGLE TIME.
    Yeah agreed. A PvE geared player can still outperform (in terms of damage) most PvP geared players, as long as they play safely and make sure they're not focussed by anyone. Simple reason, PvE gear has more damage stats. You'll really struggle going one on one against someone with PvP gear, but if you stay with a group you'll be able to top the leaderboards with damage and killing blows.

lol no, and how will i oneshot all the people without gear as arcane if i queue only into geared people? thats the beauty of randomness in normal bgs. if you want competition queue rated bgs, if u just want to destroy people - queue random.

Battlegrounds are for getting easy honor, so it's right to have a mix of players at different gear levels. If you want serious battlegrounds then do premades or rateds.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze666 View Post
    It's actually is.Can u kill something without dbm?
    I do all the time.. Granted I still run Raid Watch but 95% of the time I ignore all the timers and warnings. It's pretty easy to just watch the encounters and know when the ability is going to occur, after doing the fight 1-2 times that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    To OP's question, I vote no. No one "owns" the battlegrounds, so it's a bit harsh to exclude people based purely on their gear.

You might ask, "but we do it for dungeons". That is true, but in some dungeons, undergear = death; this may not necessarily be true in PvP, with its chaotic atmosphere and other unpredictable, unscripted and most importantly - human - elements. Never underestimate the stup- sorry, the lack of PvP skills of some players - they can top the DPS charts against the AI, but against a human opponent (even an undergeared one), they might be terribad.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Required ilvl of 312 if anything imo. Going in with wrath epics/early cata questing gear is dumb. 312 is still questing gear. If you aren't willing to do another 200 quests MAX then stop playing in my battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    That font hurt my eyes

*rubs eyes*

Anyhoww, I disagree, regular BG's is where you get your starting PvP gear. In rated BG's you'll get destroyed if you have bad gear...and same goes for arena. There really isn't a need for a gear level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a low requirement of about 300 would be fair. This would keep out the bots with an ilevel of 200 and one does not have the slightest problem to achieve ilevel 300 when properly questing.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    No because PvP is all skill (sarcasm)
    Posted by a frost DK, this is quite funny .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    No because PvP is all skill (sarcasm)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9kpTvm6CYA&NR=1

No because WoW is a PvE game
    And you still have bots farming honor in bg's

10+ Year Old Account
    uhm gear requirements for BGs.. srsly the best way to obtain it is doing BGs.
    If u want to be an ass and care only for geared players, try a RBG.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly you wont solve your problems with your suggestion.. People will still get "2-shotted" .. And another thing, doing less damage isn't always a sign of a player not participating, I've seen a FC come in and run 3 flags that no one else could and didn't do ANY dps, and won! Would you say he wasn't participating even to his full potential?

Also from a dps stand point, BG ques should be set up like dungeons, Need so many healers, and so many dps, IMO. For the simple fact, healers make or break BGs, yes, yes You can be on winning team with 0 heals while opposite team has 1 or even 2, but 89% of the time, Many of my bgs always end up Allies with atleast 2 heals and Horde 0, needless to say, we lose alot, and this happens on 3 different servers for me...
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.