Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    what makes 1v1 pvp unbalancable are the god damn cooldowns. some specs down-right barely use medium to long-term cooldowns and some specs have i win buttons, relatively.

rogue: "damn i cant beat war, he pop retal/shield wall on me"
    feral: "damn cant kill rogue, he pop evasion/blind/reset"
    healer: "dam, cant kill mage, just iceblock/evocate/reset"
    anything: "damn, cant kill paladin"
    1v1: "shoot, whoever has cooldowns up wins."
    shaman: "qq i lusted and used fire elemental qq"

edit: "damn, he popped AMS" surprise, surprise

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it amusing how Blizzard say they want to move away from counter classes (as an excuse to gut Feral mobility), yet it's the exact same argument people currently use to say mages are fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Addsy View Post
    duel they are impossibel to beat
    Stealth is so broken and useless, I mean, people just follow you around when a duel starts! Stealth needs to get buffed big time!
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Stealth is so broken and useless, I mean, people just follow you around when a duel starts! Stealth needs to get buffed big time!
    Hmm leave group before you start the duel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Well U just have to accept that as melee (unless ur an intelligent super skilled Sub Rogue ), skilled mages are an impossible target to kill. And PvP is never going to be balanced around 1v1

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    That's just how frost mages are. I started leveling a mage towards the end of BC because I noticed that the only "balancing" Blizzard subjects mages to are unneeded buffs.
    You started playing a mage in the time where mages sucked ass most in all time of wow? So yes, they got some ''in your opinion'' unneeded buffs.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

As a warrior i dont mind getting my but kicked it happens but when i face a mage in a bg or a duel they are impossibel to beat. There frost snares go off the whole fight and i might get too him twice only for him to blink away. The bottom line is a warrior just cant catch a mage and if a warrior cant catch his traget he might as well stand there and take it. heroic leap is useless and unreliabel as no path is avaiable spams on my screen more then when it actually work and a 25sec CD on spell reflect isnt even worth the stance change to do it.. I dont wont mages nerfed so bad that they cant kite but there has too be something done when a whole duel can end with out a warrior even touching the mage.

Looking for any ideas or suggestions that could fix this unbalance or if any other warrior has as much problem as i do
    First of all, WoW is never gonna be balanced around 1v1. in a duel vs a frost mage, a melee that isn't a skilled sub rogue or any Frost dk with a functioning brain will lose to a decent frost mage.
    However, if you make that two melee (cleave) and a dispeller, and any random mates the frost mage has, trainig the frost mage to oblivion suddenly becomes the easiest strategy, soo ye... You can't really nerf their roots since it would make them completely useless against any such team (not that others don
    't have a hard time allready)

Yes, Heroic leap is broken but not useless:P

About the spell reflect...have you played it after season 1 in tbc:P ?
    Spell reflect being useable in battlestance got implemented in patch 2 or something in tbc. Don't know why you insist on stance dancing....

Yes the are a counter but not nearly as bad as in tbc:P
    If you lose without ever touching the mage, I'm sad to say, you can't be that good. Any decent warrior will probably still lose, but will at least take 40% of the mages health. An amazing one (assuming the mage is madium skilled) might even win.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure P View Post
    One class to counter them all. Seriously. What doesn't a frost mage counter?
    Warlocks.

Always been the mage's nemesis. Of any spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornyangel View Post
    Haha brainless Warrior who faceroll suddenly lost to a mage AT 1V1 ?!?! Where was ur dispeller bro? oh wait busy maintaining ur glad on ur TSG am i right... Threads like this need to stop seriosly Mages are counter to Warrior if u dont like it just uninstall WoW and go play some other fantasy game where all classes are balanced for 1v1....
    So, what's the mage counter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Warriors getting owned by mages? Welcome to anywhere between 1.0 and now.
    I wonder what have you been doing in S7/8 where it was quite easy to defeat frost mage.

Oh and by the way, fire is right now much more ridiculous than frost ever was. Though you do not eat insane damage while stunned (that can be actually at least dispelled) you get pyroblasts instead of ice lances.
    Only good thing they have no frost barrier and don't do well vs other ranged, so they're still quite scarce.

So, what's the mage counter?
    Resto Shaman and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    peoplewho do this are retarded and if they do you should just leave the duel.

Deleted
    Duel scenario : Stand next to the mage and open with a hamstring, when he blinks you charge him followed by a collusus smash / throwdown and then regular rotation (he will probably trinket / iceblock this so be ready for another hamstring), when he casts a deep freeze on you use trinket followed by a heroic leap, when he blinks you charge again and repeat what i said before, they are beatable aslong as you get the right opener. Don't waste your charge as a opener :3

It works most of the time for me, but then again frost mages counter warriors super easy, so you're better of just staying the hell away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Isn't it amusing how Blizzard say they want to move away from counter classes (as an excuse to gut Feral mobility), yet it's the exact same argument people currently use to say mages are fine?
    to be fair, 1v1 imbalance is essential if you still want uniqueness in classes, and to have arena be even remotely balanced.

I play frost mage- feral, and we would absolutely wreck any comp that relies on some kind of root or slow for cc if they got their old mobility back.

it has been that way since vanilla. most of the time. mage is the perfect counterclass to a warrior. nothing to see here, move along.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    Duel scenario : Stand next to the mage and open with a hamstring, when he blinks
    Stopped reading here, every serious and even retarded mage will use nova, freeze or get barrier proc instead of blinking right away.
    to be fair, 1v1 imbalance is essential if you still want uniqueness in classes, and to have arena be even remotely balanced.
    The more this happens, the more game will be about comps and not gameplay. Keeping classes different is essential to fun game (otherwise everything will play the same).
    You know, when you have warriors (and not just them) completly facerolled by mages (and not just them) while those are facerolled by dispellers (and not just them), "warriors" will not ever do good teams with "mages" just because they will get automaticly wrecked by "dispellers" teamed up with "mages".
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2011-06-19 at 12:57 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Truthfully, mages overpower anything nowadays...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeL View Post

I play frost mage- feral, and we would absolutely wreck any comp that relies on some kind of root or slow for cc if they got their old mobility back.
    I'm not arguing for or against the nerf (in this particular case). Just saying it's silly to use a 'counterclass' argument when Blizzard stated they don't want to have any. Obviously, Mages could be considered as such (as evidenced by the thread here), but it's not a valid reason to keep things this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I'm not arguing for or against the nerf (in this particular case). Just saying it's silly to use a 'counterclass' argument when Blizzard stated they don't want to have any. Obviously, Mages could be considered as such (as evidenced by the thread here), but it's not a valid reason to keep things this way.
    I can agree with this

10+ Year Old Account
    I care nothing about this thread, but that video was pretty awesome.
    Especially the water elemental.

Brony Friend Finder--->http://tinyurl.com/4x88w3a Steam: Some form of Disso, (changes daily)

As a warrior i dont mind getting my but kicked it happens but when i face a mage in a bg or a duel they are impossibel to beat. There frost snares go off the whole fight and i might get too him twice only for him to blink away. The bottom line is a warrior just cant catch a mage and if a warrior cant catch his traget he might as well stand there and take it. heroic leap is useless and unreliabel as no path is avaiable spams on my screen more then when it actually work and a 25sec CD on spell reflect isnt even worth the stance change to do it.. I dont wont mages nerfed so bad that they cant kite but there has too be something done when a whole duel can end with out a warrior even touching the mage.

Looking for any ideas or suggestions that could fix this unbalance or if any other warrior has as much problem as i do

I'm reminded of the old conan movies with arnold swarzeneger, he played conan the barbarian and he despised mages and spell casters. in fact I think he was fearful of them. I've played a lot of games in the past 20 years, and often mages dominate warriors for the reason that warriors get their head blown off by fireballs before they get close enough to swing their sword. also I've seen and read books where the warrior is frozen, turned to stone, lifted into the air by powerful magic, disabled, kited, frost nova, water elemental frost nova'ed, deep frozen refreshed cooldowns, rinse and repeat (kidding about those last ones) its just magic has always had a flare for the dramatic and the potential for enormous destructive power is enormous

TL;DR rock > scissors > paper > rock > scissors

its just the way it is, warriors being melee are supposed to try to get to melee while squishy casters try to stay out of melee. though I agree its easier to stay out of melee for a mage than it is for a warrior to stay in melee. I think ranged should beat melee all things being equal. I think warriors should dominate other melee all things being equal. and I'm not sure where the "other melee" and "semi-ranged" like shaman or druids belong with respect to melee and true ranged (mages, warlocks, hunters) I have no idea where rogues belong either. I think they should hit vital organs and kill an opponent quickly. if they miss or aren't quick enough killing an opponent, they should surely die. maybe less rogue survivability in a longer fight. maybe a quick stun and heavy damage at start of fight. they win the fight in the preparation, waiting to slit a throat from the shadows. if they miss, they are screwed.