My first priest, what prof/spec?

Ill start lvling a priest and i wanted to know what profession could be the best for him (I have every profession in the account,+2alchemists) and what spec should i use for lvling using the dungeon finder tool.

Deleted
    Atonement Disc for levelling.

JC/Engi for pvp

Enchant/tailoring for pve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by molseh View Post
    Atonement Disc for levelling.
    yes (for leveling using the DF)

Quote Originally Posted by molseh View Post
    Enchant/tailoring for pve.
    afaik all non-gathering professions provide an equal bonus. if you calculate the average of a tailoring-back-embroidery-proc it'll be the same as the constant bonus of JC/Alch/LW/BS (not sure about Eng but I guess it's also the same). so you might just take whatever you like. maybe a 3rd alchemist isn't too bad because you could choose the specialization you don't have yet.

Ok, ty guys. From what ive seen ill go Alchemist/enginner, so i will have the another transmute and the 2 starting epic they have.

i would like to say that attonement healing is holy fire followed by smite x3 over and over again with the odd bubble/pennance thrown in. you will be a better priest (healing i presume) if you go disc without attonement, or holy from the start so you learn what all your actual heals do. discipline without attonement does fine dps for any questing you find yourself doing. not trying to sound harsh to the others, i just feel attonement is the 2 button spam spec

as for profs, the haste spell lifeblood you get from herbalism is nice, especially when coupled with power infusion later on
    somebody call for d doctor?

Tailoring is the single best profession for casters. The cloak enchant is far superior to most other profession bonuses.

Edit: And a quote from Elitist Jerks on the matter: "Tailoring: Lightweave Embroidery gives 580 Int for 15 seconds on a 45 second ICD. This averages to 193.3 Int, which replaces the normal 50 Int enchant, providing only a 143.3 Int bonus. Tailoring currently gives the greatest DPS increase of all the professions."
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    Tailoring is the single best profession for casters. The cloak enchant is far superior to most other profession bonuses.

Edit: And a quote from Elitist Jerks on the matter: "Tailoring: Lightweave Embroidery gives 580 Int for 15 seconds on a 45 second ICD. This averages to 193.3 Int, which replaces the normal 50 Int enchant, providing only a 143.3 Int bonus. Tailoring currently gives the greatest DPS increase of all the professions."
    I guess this is either outdated or a mistake:

I scanned my raids last logs and the average uptime of the embroidery proc varies between 18.5% and 24.5%. So if I take the average of those and calculate

580 int (proc) * 0,215 (avg. uptime) = 124,7 int (avg)

124,7 int (avg) - 50 int (standard enchant) = 74,7 int (avg tailoring benefit)

And these 74,7 int seem suspiciously close to those 80 int you get from all other professions.