Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerguitar View Post
    earthquake
    Bah! Earthquakes, you can sleep through Earthquakes...

I'd have to say the most terrible way to wake up would be on fire (or surrounded by fire).

10+ Year Old Account
    Waking up to sleep paralysis is never fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Judicium View Post
    The best course of action would be to get out of the house, carbon monoxide won't instantly knock you out if you were to come into contact with a "cloud" of it.
    Hmm...this sounds like a good excuse if I ever want to run outside practically naked. Oh, my carbon monoxide alarm was going off...

10+ Year Old Account
    Woke up coughing really really bad, turned on the light putting on a white shirt, coughing even more, to discover blood seeping through the shirt, quickly check my torso for any mysterious wounds, only to start coughing again. This time I saw the culprit of the blood, turned out that I had tuberculosis. That sucked an immeasurable amount. I take mien over some of the things that has occurred here however.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    Worst way I've woken up is probably with my Rottweiler literally suffocating me, he still sits on my face now, it's like his morning ritual or something. ;_;
    how about X bug flying / crawling into your mouth? for me it was a wasp.... i damn near had a heart attack... yes it stung...

your dog though... wow...teabagged every morning... GL man
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    Beat me to it, happened to me about 5 times now, its so terrible

Yeah,this sux so much.

I once dreamt to be playing football and kicked the edge of my mini-wardrobe. My big toe didn't forgive me to this day.

I had a friend that once woke up in nothing but a pair of shorts, in a ditch along an interstate, 30 miles outside of town. His wallet was missing but he had his cell phone so he called me. We still haven't figured out what happened to him and never found his wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being awakened when every muscle in your thigh cramps and all you can do if flop around and pray it stops cramping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    My alarm is like that. When it goes off, its like a loud goose honking in your ear. But I tried using my radio alarm clock once, and I slept through half of the day, missing most of school (high school, Luckily I had a test the next day, not this day). And I walked out of the room and my mum was like "Wtf? why aren't you at school? and then I looked at the kitchen clock...
    I never used the radio on that clock again, and now suffer deafening sudden wakeups.
    I have an extremely similar alarm clock that sounds like a goose honking- so loud you can hear it from the other end of the house- yet I sleep through it roughly 1/5 days a week (I turn it off in the weekends). On 9/10 of those days, one of my parents will come into my room and wake me up about a whole hour after my alarm by just saying "get up, it's already 8:00!" (then complain when I'm late for school, in turn making them late for work...). The other 1/10 days, they'll be out for whatever reason, so I sleep in 'til like 9:00am, wake up, look at the clock, and think "Fuck. I'm late for school... Go in late and get a detention, or fake a sicky... I'll fake a sicky."

I would use my radio alarm, but that only wakes me up 1/5 the days, which isn't nearly as reliable...

On topic: Worst way I've been woken up (that I can remember off the top of my head) was when I was taking a mid-afternoon nap, due to being tired from a lack of sleep earlier that day. Went to sleep at 4:00pm. My mum comes into my room at 5:00, for god know's what reason, then realizes I'm asleep. Her first reaction is to walk over to my bed and lean over me, then say "Get up. You're not supposed to be asleep during the day. You won't be able to sleep later tonight." I just roll, over, raise my finger to her lips, and she stops talking. I pull my finger away, she starts talking again, so I just raise it again. Eventually she realizes I'm saying to shut up, so she just walks out of the room and closes my door.

6:00 she walks in again, this time shouting "Get up! It's unhealthy to sleep during the middle of the day! Be a normal person like the rest of us and sleep during the night!" My response is "God dammit mum, I'm taking a nap because I'm tired! Stop waking me up and go away!" She walks over to my bed, and starts shaking me violently. I push her away and am like "Fuck off! Leave me alone!" (Being grumpy from just having been woken up, then shaken violently.)

Now, there's a large teddy bear sitting next to my bed on the floor, because it gets moved around lots while cleaning my room (It's still in my room because up 'til a few months ago I used to like cuddling it while getting to sleep- don't even say a word about that though).

Her reaction is to bend over and pick up the teddy bear and shake it in my face shouting "MR TEDDY WILL ATTACK YOU IF YOU DON'T GET UP!" then drops the bear on the ground and walks back to the door, turns round in the doorway and looks at me. I just reach down, grab the teddy bear, and throw it at her shouting "Fuck your Mr. Teddy!" She closes the door in defense, the teddy hits the door and falls to the ground, then she opens it again and shouts "GET UP!", then storms off into the kitchen.

I try and get back to sleep, but for the next 30 mins all I can hear is her arguing with my dad, crying, then demanding that he finds her a new boyfriend. (They're going through splitting up. He's already got a girlfriend, and she thinks it's unfair he's already moving on, but she wants him back (She was the one who left originally, since she decided she loved another man... She came back almost a year later, and dad had already found someone new... But that's a whole different story.))

So I got up, annoyed that she'd woken me up so violently, just to make me listen to her be grumpy with my dad for the next 30 minutes, and asked her what was for dinner.

TL;DR: Taking a nap, mum comes in, wakes me up, I shut her up, she leaves. I fall asleep again, she comes in an hour later, shouts at me, shakes me violently, abuses me with a large teddy bear, leaves door open, argues with dad for 30 mins, and I get up, grumpy as hell.

It's definitely not as bad as some of the other worst ways of being woken up by other people on this forum, but ohwell. Thought it was something to share.

Edit: And what the above poster said. I often wake up and stretch my body as long as I can, only to cramp in one of my calves, worse than half of you could ever imagine, then spend the next 5 minutes writhing on my bed in excruciating pain... Then I cannot walk properly for the rest of the day, due to my calf muscle remaining tensed until the point I go to sleep later that night.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2011-06-20 at 05:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    woke up with my wife standing over me, her bags packed and she walked out leaving me and the 3 kids... not sure I can remember a way to wake up any worse than that day.
    Alright, you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I woke up, fine stepped out of the bed into water. Looked outside, entire suburb is flooded.

Also when my brother woke up he saw his wife standing on the corner of the bed (needless to say it scared the shit out of him) then she said "Theres a spider in the bed" (My brother is terrified of spiders) so he starts screaming incredibly loud and the wife woke up as well (She was sleep walking) then she started screaming really loud and they both ran out of the room. 15 minutes later policed arrive to investigate what happened.
    I honestly read the first half at least 6 times until I read the rest and saw she was sleep walking!

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Dead.

/10char
    How do you wake up dead? Haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf8FAqOQUq4

Not breathing seeing as I have asthma, and not being able toi breathe is one of my greatest fears.
    Last edited by relyt2738; 2011-06-20 at 06:18 AM.

I remember back when I was a sophomore in high school back in 2004 I woke up to the news that Dimebag Darrell had been shot and killed at a shows hours earlier. I wasn't that big of a fan of Pantera, but I respected him as a fellow musician and a fellow human being. It's always sad when someone's life gets cut so short.

I don't know if this story belongs here...but this thread reminded me of the scariest dream I had ever had.
    I was sleeping on my friends couch in the middle of the day, and he and his sister just went and did stuff on the computer in the other room for about an hour. Periodically throughout the hour I would "wake up", completely paralyzed, with him and his sister standing over me, laughing in monotone in harmony really deep. I would have to force myself awake and try to stay awake, but it happened about 6 more times over the hour. When I finally actually woke up, I asked em if they were standing over me while I slept to mess with me. They said they were on the computer the whole time.
    Scariest. Dream. Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    a few months ago I'd been sleeping with my head resting on my arm, I woke up, stretched both arms above my head and found out my arm had gone dead....

how did I find out?

as I stretched it up it came back down and I punched myself in the eye.....
    I just got the best mental image of this. I can't even tell you how many times I've done that.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

Deleted
    Full out panic attack for no apparent reason.

I was visiting a friend - had stayed up way too long before finally crawling to bed. After sleeping restlessly a couple of hours I wake up, throw up on the floor and can't go indoors for the next five hours because of the panic attack.

It was my first ever panic attack, too.. And it was cold outside.

Deleted
    Waking up from countless nightmares because my gf commited suicide 5 years ago.

Still wake up from it quite often...

Phone ringing after only a few hours of sleep and it's the wrong number...

I woke up once at a buddy's house and had to go to the bathroom really bad. Got into the bathroom, started doing my thing and felt the blood rushing from my head and thinking "Alright, I know what's gonna happen, but I can't let it!" And then smacking my head on the metal shelf that was above the toilet because I passed out while peeing, but I managed to not make a mess! And then promptly stubbing my toe on an A/C unit that was on the floor on my way back to the couch...

Never had sleep paralysis, but I can imagine that would be scary as hell.

My cat is still a kitten, but really big! hes about 7 months old and super playful.

Well i had a early start for school, and my mum opened my door to wake me and left, i was like yeah whatever ''goes back to sleep'' then the next minute i open my eyes my cats sitting on my bedside table inches from my face and pounces on my face. needless to say i ended up going to school looking like someone threw a cutlery set at my face.

When i was young my mom used to smack me across the face to wake me up, if that didn't work she would pour water on me. Then when i moved in with my dad he would come in and quietly say my name and then when i would respond he would say it was time to wake up. You would think it would have been the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I somehow was turned around on the bed in my sleep. I wake up to my alarm, rush up to shut it off as I usually do, smack my forehead on my desk and then stumble over a chair.