Deleted

Question about making gold with inscriptioning....

Some told me they can make 17k gold a day selling glyphs, now i was wondering how is that possible?the realm im at is ''Outland'' and is a verry populated realm and i cant figuer out if that is true how can he make so much ?Is there a guide on this ?

Inglyphinating is a rather chutthroat buisness. If you're not able to create a monopoly on some glyphs, you're likely to lose out. I recommend finding something else if you're new to ah playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glad View Post
    Inglyphinating is a rather chutthroat buisness. If you're not able to create a monopoly on some glyphs, you're likely to lose out. I recommend finding something else if you're new to ah playing.
    what do you mean create monopoly? and also i would like to learn how to make gold out of glyphs since i got all glyphs that exist so it would give me a great advantage as i can craft various glyphs

Depends on what your realms AH is like. Mine is moderately stocked with glyphs, and mine sell pretty quickly, but then sometimes there are a couple of people that will mass flood it with glyphs. Fortunately they dont price em at crazy low prices, they're generally fairly reasonable, so everyone keeps making money because crazy undercutting doesnt happen.

I have been going for steady sales rather than trying to make a killing, and sell about 2-4ks worth a week. The good thing is no matter what herbs you buy, you can pretty much make 2-4 glyphs that sell for 30g each. Makes some nice profit depending on your herb prices. Then you get some of the higher value glyphs that dont sell quick, but can get you 200g or so. Glyph of Kill Shot seems to make the most on my server. These tend to be the ones you get from discoveries or (even better) glyph mastery books.

This is all my own experience, and there are people who make far more off inscription than I do. But for what I make, its decent profit with little effort or risk (glyphs have a really low auction deposit, making relisting not a big dent in your profits).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Deleted
    Don't try Glyphs until you are absolutely sure what you are doing. If the market sees heavy competition there is no way you get a decent profit unless you repost ridiculously often or you have access to rare glyphs. If you want to make profit, sell the herbs. Really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Don't try Glyphs until you are absolutely sure what you are doing. If the market sees heavy competition there is no way you get a decent profit unless you repost ridiculously often or you have access to rare glyphs. If you want to make profit, sell the herbs. Really.
    well i've got all glyphs in the game, i mean all glyphs that exist so thats why i asked here, im currently only selling any glyphs i got at 30g in town with /trade, sometimes i make 2k a day, and sometimes i make 1k a day depends really,(but i dont often stay in town and shout thats why i asked here for a guide or something :P) and the profit is really hight because i buy a stack of cinderbloom with 15-20 max i payed for 1, and selling any glyph at 30g is really good because most of the people come to me to buy since i've got all glyphs. But the thing is what i've mentioned up there some1 told me they can make 17k in a saturday or a sunday if they are active, and i was more curious if that is possible or he only told me that so i wont sell the glyphs at 30g and ruin his buisness

Deleted
    The key to making money with glyphs is undercutting and reposting. The more often you repost your glyphs, undercutting the lowest price by 1 copper, the more money you are bound to make.

When you put your glyphs into the auction house, there will fairly soon come someone who undercuts at least some of your glyphs, and the customers will buy their glyphs instead of yours. And after a bit more time passes, all your glyphs have been undercut. If you wanted to maximize the profit from the glyphs, you'd need to be in the auction house practically all the time, reposting your glyphs so they'd always be on top of the auction house page.

17k gold per day is possible to get from glyphs, but is sitting in the auction house all day something you can or want to do? Probably not. You have other things to do as well in game and in real life. You should not abandon the idea of making money with glyphs though. If you optimize the glyph selling process and can be satisfied with e.g. 9k money per day, you can still have a steady income without spending your entire day on your scribe.

But be warned before you go making those glyphs!

Here's the problem I have on my server, I was making 2 glyphs and keeping them up on the ah, making steady profit of 6k over a 3 day span. Then someone comes a long and starts undercutting glyphs by 200g I'm talking from 200 down to 10g, he's even took the glyphs that are around 100g and taken them down to 10g or less. I whispered him, thinking maybe he wasn't familiar with ah, or auctionator only to find out he was intentionally doing this because he felt the glyphs where to expensive.

Now my rant on this is:

I bought many many of my books back in LK. Not to mention all the gold I have spent in leveling it. Who has the right to come in and tell me my glyphs are to high and cut them so low that most of the time they dont even pay for the paper. Gold is not hard to make, there's plenty of dailies to make enough money to buy a glyph or anything else you want in the ah or game. Why insult someone like this? I can see undercutting my 10g maybe but by 100's it's totally unreasonable and a slap in the face! Why does any profession have to cater to someone that is to lazy to do dailies? I have several toons all different levels on 2 different accounts I have always busted my butt to get what that toon needed!

Tried buying him out and reposting but thats not working he just comes back and puts more up, I also think he's doing this on several toons as they never are on at the same time.

So right now my conclusion he's screwed over a profession for all of us on this server and doesn't seem to give a rat's ***** you fill it in. How do you win this one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my second account to cancel and repost glyphs on and it's working better than I thought.

Deleted
    In TStorm's situation, take a little break from selling glyphs. The guy who is trying to bring the glyph prices low won't be doing it for a very long time because it is far from profitable for him. Just wait it out.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    drop 6k or so into mats pay no more than 8g an ink aka 24g a glyph, blanket the auction with the 250 glyphs you just made and list them for no less than 30g. I do this daily and sell glyphs from 40-150g, takes almost no effort. I generally make 3 of every glyph I can craft as long as they AH for more than 30g.

they wont all sell but they cost just copper to list them so you can repost over and over. Really not that hard, and that's just a very minor investment of 6k
    Last edited by MalooTakant; 2011-06-19 at 03:35 PM.

Death improves everyone's reputation...

scan the ah (you DO have auctioneer right?) and make 5 of each of the top 20 or so sellers. post 1 of each for 12 hours. 2 hours later come back and post another one of each for 12 hours, undercutting the undercutters. repeat til out of glyphs. then cancel the auctions you posted earlier that have been undercut and keep the cycle going. obviously this technique will only work if you're glued to your computer, but to be perfectly honest all the glyphs i sold were bought a few minutes after i posted them.
    there's been a few really good guides on mmo-champ since inscription came to be so competition is fierce to say the least, but if you put the time in, you'll be one rich insriptionotron 5000
    somebody call for d doctor?

Agreed with Reiga, take a break. The guy is either a moron, or is intentionally driving out competition so that he can reap increased profit later. I myself do this, I'm a heavy undercutter at around 20% per glyph. 10-20g isn't exactly asinine, as you still profit if you buy the herbs (assume a stack of whiptail is 20g, since it is ony my server, and you make at minimum two glyphs per stack). Once the price is back up, hop back in.

Edit: lolsorry, forgot to respond to you. To create a monopoly is to have complete control over an aspect of the AH. The best way to do this is to drive out competition by heavy undercutting and viscous relisting. It's a timesink. Unless you want to make what you are making now, I would grab another prof, such as enchanting or alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerona View Post
    Sure, you can make impressive gold if you want to babysit your auctions
    yeah i got out of the glyph market after a few months because it was getting boring cancelling/reposting hundreds of auctions every couple of hours, but in those few months i got 2 sandstone drakes and a mechanohog AND a lump of gold big enough to see me through to the end of my wow playing days (not soley with inscription though it has to be pointed out)
    Last edited by bobo333; 2011-06-19 at 05:04 PM. Reason: double post
    somebody call for d doctor?

1-2k a day is fine if there is an issue go to 40g or 50g per, however its is VERY hard to make 17k gold a day, your time would be better spent sitting in trade, if he does sell on your AH he most likely has a monopoly so don't mess with him