kingdoms of amalur.

first off if your weren't paying attention to E3 you might not of seen this one, if not watch the videos below.
    watch these to catch yourself up with the rest of us:
    part 1/3
    part2/3
    part 3/3

now from what i can gather this originally was going to be another MMO but instead they decided to make it a single player action rpg, at least for now.
    i think this was a good move, since its been proven that launching a MMO with a brand new IP(or at least unknown) generally leads straight to the fail bin.
    they are working on making it a strong single player rpg, and with what they've done with it... i could see it dwarfing the TES games quickly.

from what little game play they seem to of taken diablo's loot generator, fable's talents (the first one), GoW's combat, WoW's world and general feel, TES's cities(and hopefully not the psychic guards), and bioware's dialogs.

it looks to have all the strong points of many of the popular RPGs.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-06-19 at 03:10 PM. Reason: fucked up

Insulting your possible reader base that you're trying to inform is definitely the way to go when making a thread.

OT: Yes, KoA looks wonderful and they are going about making an MMO the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Insulting your possible reader base that you're trying to inform is definitely the way to go when making a thread.

OT: Yes, KoA looks wonderful and they are going about making an MMO the right way.
    hey it could be worse, it could be what i call people who don't buy double fine games.
    also if they do make a pvp function, this will likely end up in MLG fast.

also, i am a shadowcaster, a rogue mage hybrid that blinks instead of dodges.

add an actually competent stealth system, seriously this game will likely end up beating all other RPGs this decade.

ok, the class destiny system is brilliant.
    the class defines you, after you define it.

---------- Post added 2011-06-19 at 02:12 PM ----------

ok looks like we will be getting a single player RPG, that will either then expand into an MMORPG or be replaced by one(hopefully we can carry our characters over if so).

---------- Post added 2011-06-19 at 02:28 PM ----------

looks like some rather big names in gaming are also in on this:
    Robert Salvatore, an accomplished RPG writer and creator of Drizzt Do’Urden.
    Todd McFarlane, a well known comic book artist(worked on some of the first silver age comics inc. spiderman #1) and creator of Spawn.
    Curt Schilling, a retired major league pitcher with a taste for good RPGs.
    "Ken Rolston served as the lead designer of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion before joining Big Huge Games development studio".

---------- Post added 2011-06-19 at 02:45 PM ----------

ok they will be 2 separate games set in the same world, lore wise i assume seeing that they're said to take place in different times.
    here is hoping that the MMO portion sticks with the combat the single player is hyping up, looks to be in development in another studio.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-06-19 at 02:42 PM.

I watched 2 videos they looks nice at everything but sadly I hate that fight system! I rather to fight like TES

< please don't bump threads that are 6 months old without some gamebreaking context - the Kingdoms of Amalur megathread is located here >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-04-05 at 07:39 PM.