Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As the sand whipped around them Kevin tried to form a barrier but just as he did the storm started to rage up and prevented his spell from taking shape. He pulled his hood tighter and continued on until the storm blinded him. Pushing on he tried to stay conciseness and he attempted to form a more solid shield of pure ice but the unnatural weather prevented him and just left him covered in frost. Finally he succumbed the to the ferocity of the storm and was knocked out. He vaguely felt the tug of someone on his shoulders.

Kevin awoke a few minutes later coughing up sand, "By the light what is with this desert, nothing but extremes of the weather..." The darkness surrounded them in some type of tomb by the feel of the ground. "Not fire? That's fine but I still don't want this darkness." He reached into his bag and pulled out and special lamp, spoke a few simple words and it burst to life showering the room in light. He held it up and tossed it into the air, where it hung like a kite. The whole ordeal left him a bit drained so he thumbed the pommel of his sword draining a fraction of the power he stored within it.

He sat down and focused to steady his breathing while he contemplated their situation.

As the sand buffeted Zook he tried to activate his Prevention Belt, which creates a shield around the users body. He pressed the switch. Nothing happened. He pressed again. Still nothing. The sand had gotten inside the gears and prevented it from working. "We're in trouble now." He cried as he covered his face with a bandana.

When Zook woke up he found darkness around him. "Oh no... it seems I've gone blind." he sighed "Not again..." He moved his hands to his face. "Oh thank goodness" his bandana had been pushed up over his eyes. He removed it and saw the light shining from the above him. "Ooooh that's pretty!" He smiled at everyone, "Everything in order? Everyone ok? Let's see here:" he began examining himself "Legs? working, hands? still attached, eyes? not blind, excellent, beard? still bushy, perfect." He looked around, "We seem to be... trapped? Let me see if I have something for this." A sound of panic rose in his voice. "No, no no, nonono sand EVERYWHERE... it'll take days to clean these out." He placed his hand on his face in distress. "No time to panic Zook, you built them, you can fix them." he was muttering to himself in an annoyed tone "I know I can fix them, I built them." He sighed again. "Best get started while we have nowhere to go."

He sat down and pulled out a miniature engineer's toolkit and began fixing and cleaning. "important ones first, yes, yes."
    To be the hero is all I'll ask.
    RP Character Bio: Zook || Albert "Al" Fletcher Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sandstorm was more than Feanor was prepared for. He had braved the heat of the sun and the heartlessness of the Uldum denizens, but the mage had not prepared for the fury of the desert itself. The sandstorm seemed surreal, as if it was not even natural. The desert closed in around him as if the sand was a sea of water. Feanor realized the futility of fighting and closed his cloak around himself so that none of his instruments would be lost in the storm. Then everything went black.

When the mage finally awakened he was no longer trying to survive on the surface of Uldum. The group had become stranded in a small room, with sand pouring in from the roof. The mages bright gold eyes shone in the darkness, and his magical eyes could see all. Feanor realized that in time the room would fill with sand and they would all die of suffocation. So the battlemage set to freeing himself from the sand. He placed his hands to his sides and tightened his core. He pushed up with his arms and when enough of his body was above the sand, he crunched backwards pulling his legs free of the sand. Once free, the mage stood up and made sure he still had all of his belongings. The other magician in the group had lit a lamp, so Feanor no longer needed to strain his eyes. The gold shining in his eyes lessened and his sight returned to the norm.
    "We must hurry, we haven't much time." Feanor picked one of the walls and began digging with his hands in the middle of it, hoping to find an exit to lead them out.

The severity of the sandstorm didn't bother Lunai, so it took her completely off guard when the floor beneath them collapsed. When she awoke in the dimly lit room she coughed a mouthful of sand out. Her camel was lying dead beneath her, presumably from a broken spine during the fall. She lifted the packs she considered essential clear of it's corpse and turned to survey the room. Most of her companions were milling around uselessly, but the quiet caster had proactively started seeking an exit on one of the walls. Taking his example, she began digging against the opposite wall in search of anything that might save them.
    Death is the only true release, the only real freedom.

Sora Dawnblade Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...94#post8142294

Shaza'Kiel Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...69#post8342969

Deleted
    Thorn was starting to panic, which quickly became quite obvious as the undead was clawing manically into the sand at the wall. Thorn just wanted a way out, desperately wanted to be able to move. Desperately wanted to not be buried in the sand. Shaking heavily, she plunged sand in all directions, merely attempting to find any hope of salvation. Alass, luck was not on her side...

The digging began, yet it seemed almost entirely pointless. The adventurers digged the sand from the side of the chamber and placed it towards the middle. The crack in the roof was filling sand in the middle. It wouldn't be long untill they had nowhere left to put the sand, and if they reached that point they'd be unable to search for an exit along the walls. However, be it through fate or sheer luck, Feanor's fingers suddenly entered what appeared to be a crack in the wall. It quickly proved to be nothing but a very small pathway, probably made by sand-gnomes or Troggs straight into the stone wall. The pathway had also taken its toll from the storm raging from the surface. It could likely collapse at any second. Yet it seemed large enough that even Khemes, the biggest member of the group, would be able to push his way through with some willpower. It seemed to go far, and turn somewhere down the road, making it impossible to see where it could possibly lead. Yet, going down that way was a better bet than staying in the chamber and drowning in sand.

When Khemes saw Feanor digging into the wall he hurried over to the elf and looked at the tunnel.

"This wasn't part of this structure by default. Someone dug this after construction. Maybe even after this was abandoned. But it seems this is our only way out. Go ahead please, since I am the biggest one I will go last."

Khemes motioned the party to move since they were still threatened to be buried alive.

Shujaa pushed Thorn ahead of her, and then climbed after the undead through the tunnel.

Deleted
    Ayuk followed after the troll and the undead.

(( Just puting this up quick, wont be able to post for a day or two now.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Digging...the oddities of these old races with creatures, dare i think it, far more powerful and learned in the ways of the arcane than myself and their structures have no external means of operating than through the mundane....maybe their scrolls won't be worth these risks. Kevin stood up and walked towards the crack as Ayuk vanished through and he drew his blade. "After the construction you say, well then with the risks of my fire dooming us all I think I'll walk with my blade drawn if none of you objects. Nastly little troggs did always like hiding in nooks in Uldaman." His lamp flew in front of him lighting his path and he held his sword at the ready as he departed into the long narrow hallway.

Zook continued to sit tinkering at his tinkers, cleaning and repairing. Oblivious as to the fact that his companions had just disappeared through a wall. "Does anyone have a—" he looked up and saw he was talking to no one. He then saw the point of escape. "Hey wait for me!" He gathered his things and pursued.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feanor crawled along inside the tunnel behind the others. His lithe eleven form allowed him to move with ease and he had no trouble navagating the crude passage.

Lunai was second last to approach the tunnel, leaving only Khemes to follow. Adopting a nervous expression, she played with the bangles on her arms. In reality, she was stealthily checking the retractible katars hidden beneath the bangles. Ducking low, she advanced into the tunnel, eyes peeled for any sign of possible ambush.

Deleted
    Thorn got pushed into the tunnel, which seemed to confused the tiny undead. Was she supposed to lead the group safely through that..? Never the less, as people entered behind her it became apparent she wouldn't have much of a choice, and so she pushed onwards, nimbly moving through the tunnel like a cat.

As the adventurers entered the trogg diggen pathway, the entrance behind them got closed off in sand, and any hope of turning around got eaten with it. A strange sweet scent was apparent in tunnel. As they continued however, the smell quickly changed, and before long they were standing atop the source of the now choking stench. They were now forced to climb across half-rotten carcasses of three sizeable troggs. One of them had nearly rotten away entirely and remained maggots and bones. Another seemed to have barely rotten at all. It would be impossible for the larger adventurers to pass across the carcasses without comming into contact with them. An experience that would be anything but pleasent.. What remained an interesting question would be what had cost these troggs their lives..?

As the group progressed, a subtle light could be seen at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel ended at the top back-left corner of an absolutely huge chamber, and jumping down into the room would instantly mean that not the entire group could return back up there. The chamber itself was bathed in light much resembling moonlight and starlight. The stones used to build the walls of the chamber was mostly a sand white marble, gently reflecting the light and making everything in the room clearly visible. At the back of the chamber, the source of light seemed to be two engraved stone figures holding two tablets. On the tablet to the left was written a praise to the moon in old Tol'vir runes, while the other was a written praise to the stars.
    In front of the stone figures, a huge stone weight of justice found itself placed. The mechanism of the weight was clearly connected to the door, leading on to the next room. On the left side of the weight a little red flower seemed to be blooming, ever so gently stretching its petals towards the ceiling. The other end of the weight was empty, hence why the balance was skewed towards the side with the flower. Besides the door itself, other ancient Tol'vir runes could be read, an inscription of what would be expected to pass the room.
    "To pass this room you will find, that life has an end of the line. Opposites meet, but do not fear, the doors will open when death is here."

As they reached the end of the tunnel, Thorn climbed through the hole and jumped down into the chamber. The undead made room for her companions, yet she didn't seem eager to move around in this room at all. It was sorts of.. scaring her. From being imprisoned in a room being filled with sand, this didn't seem a whole lot better. They were forced to move downwards, deeper into the ground, and this screamed against any sense the undead had. Also, this was not exactly her usual line of work.. Even so, Thorn was watching without giving out any hint of her fear, as the others seemed to jump down and inspect the room...

Khemes watched the others as they advanced before him, apparently the little undead had found an opening at the end of the tunnel. Khemes could smell the stench of the trogg corpses all along, but they had to risk it. He would try to push them further along before him, so he wouldn't have to crawl over them. The Tol'vir maneuvered his spear before him and pushed the corpses forward after the others.

Shujaa tried to keep her stomach's content to herself as she passed by the trogg corpses. The corridor smelled absolutely horrid, and her entire face cringed out of disgust as she climbed over the dead bodies. Once they got through the corridor, Shujaa jumped down the new room. There was some light here, so she began moving around, inspecting the room while collecting herself again from the encounter with the troggs.

Deleted
    Ayuk rather enjoyed the corpses of the strange creatures as he crawled through the passage, but the small space made him anxious. As they finaly reached a large room he pushed his way out from the tunnel as fast as he could. The rooms looks stunned Ayuk for a couple of seconds. But his eyes was drawn to the strange device with the flower. What is this place? Ayuk's eyes spotted the inscription, it was written in a language he did not master so he started walking along side the rooms walls while waiting for the rest to come through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kevin covered his mouth and nose as he passed over the dead troggs, great I was hoping not to have to deal with troggs this time around. He saw the others descend out of the tunnel and when he approached it he jumped down and took out a feather. It glowed and dispersed into tiny bits around him and eased his fall to the ground. He sheathed his sword and examined the room. "Well this room seems to have enough air." He took a deep breath and held his hands out in front of him and blew out, slowly 10 small orbs of fire appeared and hovered. "Lets find out if this place has better air than our last shall we." He sent them forth combing the room looking for sources of following air.

He then heard the hard clumps of three bodies hitting the ground and turned to see Khemes at the exit to the tunnel. Kevin sighed and turned back to his task saying, "If you are done playing with the troggs would you get over here and translate for us? My tol'vir is very rusty."

((Terin if one of my orbs finds a flow of air just have it swell up to twice it's size.))
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2011-07-02 at 06:27 PM.

A familiar smell hit Zook's nose as he entered the tunnel. "Ugh.. dead trogg's near by." He said as he grimaced. "Thought I'd never have to smell that again. These ones have been here a while it seems too." He reached into his pocket, and inserted something into his nostrils. "Anyone want some High-Velocity Nostril Squeeges? I have extras. It'll expunge the smell totally. Just er.. don't breath through your mouth or you'll end up tasting everything..."

As Zook entered the new room he slid his goggles back over his eyes and began examining it's contents. Everyone was busy at work all ready. The mage, Kevin, was lighting orbs, others were looking around. Ayuk was examining an inscription in a language Zook didn't recognize.

"Oh! this looks like an opportunity to try out a new gadget." Zook pulled out what looked like a normal pen and parchment. "Please decipher." Zook said as he held the pen close to his mouth. He waved the pen over the inscription and placed it on the parchment. He waited.

Nothing happened. He repeated the command. "Please decipher!"
    Nothing. "PLEASE DECIPHER"
    The pen sprang to life. "Ah yes there we go." He smiled and turned. "Now let's see here." he said when the pen had stopped writing.

The parchment said:
    "Please don't yell at me."

"W-what? what kind of ancient trans—" he blushed "Oh... I'm sorry Pen." he sat down embarrassed.

Deleted
    --- Currently playing Feanor till Vadoor returns from the weekend ---

Feanor was climbing through the darkness, merely pinching his nose as he passed the dead troggs. What made him wonder slightly was how they had ended up there, and why there weren't more troggs apparent. Feanor shook his head as he jumped into the room below, immediately finding interest in the strange architecture and the runes on the walls all around them. The Weight of justice however, was the object that nailed his interest in place.. That thing was bound to opening the door, he knew that much.

Lunai delved into her pack for a scented piece of silk to hold to her nose as the smell of putrefying trogg hit them. Stepping daintily over the corpses she continued down toward where the others had descended into a new room. Adopting an expression of mild fear, she fidgeted on the edge of the ledge and waited to see if any nasty traps killed someone inside the room before descending.