Poll: Are you enjoying Ocarina of Time 3DS?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Hands down, this is the best remake I've ever played in my life. The game was built from the ground-up for the 3DS, but all of the original functionality is there. The combat feels the same, the puzzles...just everything. It looks absolutely beautiful. The 3D within the game is also mind blowing. Its the best use I've seen so far for the system.

How are you guys enjoying it?
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had the money to buy it, but when I do

You dam right I'm going to enjoy every bit of it

WTB Majoras mask as well

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    I haven't had the money to buy it, but when I do

You dam right I'm going to enjoy every bit of it

WTB Majoras mask as well
    A big HELL YES to that, my friend.

I'm so excited...I can't wait to dive into Master Quest mode. I hope its like ridiculously difficult.

I'm currently in Zora's Domain, it's not far, but I'm really enjoying the game. It's a pretty solid remake. I only have a pickle with those fairy-women you get powers from... They still look real freaky, but at least they're staying true to the original.

I'm not playing with the 3D on, since I don't think my eyes can handle it, it makes me see double/triple. That, or I'm doing something wrong.

Well, bottom line: Enjoying it a lot. Very good remake.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    I'm so excited...I can't wait to dive into Master Quest mode. I hope its like ridiculously difficult.
    Are you saying there's a remake of Master Quest too?! AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEAAAAAAH

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Thats exactly what I'm saying =3

I was kind of hoping their be some type of StreetPass where you could compare boss kill times. I would eat that up SOOOOOOOO much.

A big HELL YES to that, my friend.

Its not that difficult, its the same master quest as in the special edition that you got if you bought windwaker when it came out, its basically the same temples with a few things moved around

Yes, love it. The 3D really adds a great depth to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    WTB Majoras mask as well
    They'd be silly not to do Majora's Mask as well, truly, it'd be the best thing ever since toast. They have MOST of the models from OOT already!
    I'm not playing with the 3D on, since I don't think my eyes can handle it, it makes me see double/triple. That, or I'm doing something wrong.
    You have to hold the 3DS a certain length away from your face, if it's too close it will show double/triple, it hurts my head though after a little while, so I'm taking a break from it currently. :/
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-06-19 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yes, love it. The 3D really adds a great depth to the game.

They'd be silly not to do Majora's Mask as well, truly, it'd be the best thing ever since toast. They have MOST of the models from OOT already!

You have to hold the 3DS a certain length away from your face, if it's too close it will show double/triple, it hurts my head though after a little while, so I'm taking a break from it currently. :/
    Dude, if StarFox 64 3D is half the game Ocarina of Time 3D is, then I'll be locked away in my house for a very long time.

Also, I don't get where people have issues with the 3D view. I adjust the slider to where its comfortable, then play. I don't worry about maxing it out and blowing away battery life (which isn't near as bad as people claim.) I can get around 8-10 hours out of my 3DS and thats with StreetPass on 99% of the time.

EDIT: So, I had to set my 3DS down to let it charge from critical low power. Now there are a ton of Ocarina of Time 3DS commercials on...FFFFUUUUU
    Last edited by Kankuri; 2011-06-19 at 08:22 PM. Reason: adishunal info

Dude, if StarFox 64 3D is half the game Ocarina of Time 3D is, then I'll be locked away in my house for a very long time.

Also, I don't get where people have issues with the 3D view. I adjust the slider to where its comfortable, then play. I don't worry about maxing it out and blowing away battery life (which isn't near as bad as people claim.) I can get around 8-10 hours out of my 3DS and thats with StreetPass on 99% of the time.
    Yeah been playing OOT with 3D practically all day, battery has yet to turn red. I'm not sure if its the 3D or not that's giving me a dull headache. :I

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is the sole reason why I want a 3DS.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

I just picked it up and played it for a little bit (only beat the Deku Tree). But I love the 3D so far. This is actually my first 3D gaming experience and it is making me glad I purchased a 3DS since this was the first 3DS game I bought. I wonder if any future Zelda games on the 3DS, assuming they're all new titles, will be more like this remake of OoT or PH/ST. And like other people said, adjusting the 3D level helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    This game is the sole reason why I want a 3DS.
    I've heard nothing but good things about it, I just don't have a 3DS

http://animepodcast.org/d/zelda/index.html texture comparisons

Deleted
    Im thinking of getting, just seems like a huge ammount of money for only one game. if they release majoras mask and super smash bros I will buy it right away. Also im hoping for a new zelda with the serious style graphic from OOT. Probablly getting it next summer.Is the whole 3DS worth it for just one game? I cleared it on gamecube up till and including the water temple.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2011-06-19 at 09:20 PM.

Apparently they color coded some parts of the water temple to make it not quite as hellish

Deleted
    Oh I forgot to ask, can you ahev multiple save files? So i could possibly share it with my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Oh I forgot to ask, can you ahev multiple save files? So i could possibly share it with my brother.
    Yep, 3 files like the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Mende View Post
    I just picked it up and played it for a little bit (only beat the Deku Tree). But I love the 3D so far. This is actually my first 3D gaming experience and it is making me glad I purchased a 3DS since this was the first 3DS game I bought. I wonder if any future Zelda games on the 3DS, assuming they're all new titles, will be more like this remake of OoT or PH/ST. And like other people said, adjusting the 3D level helps a lot.
    Same, first time for me playing with the 3D, had been playing Pokemon White before this which is a DS game, since I got my 3DS May 20th (birthday) nothing I wanted was out yet. :S
    Amazing game line up, though, most are coming out for the Holidays. ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post

Amazing game line up, though, most are coming out for the Holidays. ><
    Link to games?

I'm currently in Zora's Domain, it's not far, but I'm really enjoying the game. It's a pretty solid remake. I only have a pickle with those fairy-women you get powers from... They still look real freaky, but at least they're staying true to the original.

Well, bottom line: Enjoying it a lot. Very good remake.

EDIT:

The master quest on the 3DS version also mirrors the whole world AND increases damage taken by double

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Link to games?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

Things that stand out to me;
    Luigi's Mansion 2
    Mario Kart 3DS
    Paper Mario
    Animal Crossing
    Mario 3DS
    Kid Icarus
    Smash Brothers

Well, they don't all have a Holiday release, I was wrong.

Deleted
    i really liked zelda on my gameboy classic and on snes. searched somes videos... hmm... not sure if i like that