Thread: Multi dotting

Multi dotting

Is there a better way to track dots on multiple targets besides having to tab target around? I'm having trouble keeping up dots on other targets. Maybe an add on to make my life easier? Thanks!

forteXorcist is a great addon ,else it is DoTimer, i can't remember which, i use them both and really like them

I also need help with this..

I use needtoknow which tells me who the dots are still active on..

But I need a better way to re-target said add where the dots are expiring.

Currently I use mfclip to track dots on my highlighted target and it works great. My trouble is knowing when my dots fall off my other target, more than often they had already expired...

Tidyplates. By default (I think) they will show icons above each nameplate with your dots and the timers for each.

In my head I'm picturing like a healbot raid frame with enemy targets dotted. Then I could mouseover raids frames to reapply dots. Does an add-on like that exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Badams517 View Post
    In my head I'm picturing like a healbot raid frame with enemy targets dotted. Then I could mouseover raids frames to reapply dots. Does an add-on like that exist?
    That's scary, I was thinking about that too, like literally the same thing.

Deleted
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...latebuffs.aspx that. Places debuff icons on nameplates. Works exactly as you ask, i think.
    Last edited by mmoc7e31dcdb97; 2011-06-19 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    That's scary, I was thinking about that too, like literally the same thing.
    Haha me too, like all the enemies within your range or so. Exactly how Badams517 explained it :P

Deleted
    boss frames + clique. usually dbm is sufficient. just bind ur dots to rightklick/shift rightclick/ctrl rightclikc etc. personnaly i trock lenght via tidy plates and fortex. works pretty good for me.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure if this will work but you may be able to use mouseover macros with the boss health frames from dbm to do what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Badams517 View Post
    This is kind of how DotTimer used to work until Blizz removed that functionality from addons in late Original or early TBC. If this was possible now, there'd be tons of addons out that would have frames/dot timers and allow you to recast dots from them. Not possible, anymore, as far as I know.

Unfortunatly due to limitations you can't have a raid-like frame for mobs you are in combat with.
    Some unitframe addons may allow frames for units with a unitID, such as say Boss1, Boss2 etc on multi-boss encounters.
    Something such as Ellipsis @ Curse can create timers for the expected duration that a debuff should be on any given target it is applied to, but could get excessive on large groups if applied by aoe effects.

Thraze wrote a great article @http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=415 On multi-dotting and tips and tricks of how to.

I use Forte Exorcist and I have my Shadowed Unit Frames to show Boss frames, normally all you need is a SWP/VT on the other target so you should only have to MF right before SWP runs out and VT a bit later.

15+ Year Old Account
    TidyPlates is easily the best way to track multiple DoTs.

and yeah, Thraze's article is quite nice

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Deleted
    Tidy plates is the way to go though occasionally it bugs and you need to select the target in order to see time remaining.

Almost any dot timer addon will track dots on all targets.

thanks for everyones replies! I ended up using forte exorcist to help me with my dot management. It took awhile to get it setup the way I liked but it was definitely worth it. thanks again!