Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else really REALLY tired of hearing about Titan?

Personally, I'm getting extremely sick of it. There are at least 3-4 threads on the front page of General (on the WoW forums, not here) constantly about "Titan will kill WoW", "Blizz is abandoning WoW for Titan" and "All the good devs are on Titan". I'm really sick of it.

First off, Blizz is still making content for WoW, and has said that WoW has a long future ahead.
    Second off, Blizz has said that Titan is meant to run alongside WoW, not to replace it.

and Last, and most importantly, Blizz has said NOTHING about Titan yet, except that it will be a new story world. People are constantly talking about how good and how much better than WoW Titan will be, yet Blizz has said nothing about what it's about. I don't get why people are so freaking stupid.
    Last edited by Byniri; 2011-06-19 at 06:30 PM.

So stop coming to these forums? Seems like a quick fix to me. Blizz devs have personally made these statements, we don't make them up.

"Many of the people that built World of Warcraft are full time on that other team."]

"The thing that we hope will happen is that it will not stop World of Warcraft but we believe will eclipse it.”

“We’re very confident in that product. It’s an awesome one… We’re playing it already. It is a total ball to play. We think that the reach of that product is greater than anything that we’ve done before. We’re very excited about that. I believe that it’s the type of game that will have a very long life, much like World of Warcraft has.”

[source] http://gamerant.com/blizzard-titan-w...ft-dyce-72249/
    Last edited by Injinjpow; 2011-06-19 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    I dont understand how this thread will help

What's funny is, you're really tired of hearinig about Titan, and we know just barely more than nothing about it.

Deleted
    We don't even know what "Titan" is, considering that is not the name of the game, and you are already tired?

Deleted
    Expect more threads because of this one...

"Hey, I read Byniri talk about Titan... Anyone knows what it is???/"

I actually think this is the first time I see a thread dedicated to code-name: Titan on the front page. So maybe you are being a tiny bit over dramatic... You are right, no one knows if it will be a game that has any influence on the WoW playerbase, but we know that it's a MMO of some sort (most likely, isn't that like the ONE clue they have given?) so it might end up doing exactly that. But do you think they would go out and say "Heeey guys, we got this new game out now, so please unsubsribe from WoW. Kthnx."

They want the two games to co-exist, but for a lot of players it's too much to play two MMO games at a time. Some might make it, but not feel like being more casual in both games.

15+ Year Old Account
    No not really, actually Ive barely heard anything. Do tell.

i'm sick of people like you taking over these forums and just QQ'ing.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard nothing about it with it being a new MMO and it completely un-related to any of the blizzard games so actually

I am interested in it and would like to hear more

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Personally, I'm getting extremely sick of it. There are at least 3-4 threads on the front page of General (on the WoW forums, not here) constantly about "Titan will kill WoW", "Blizz is abandoning WoW for Titan" and "All the good devs are on Titan". I'm really sick of it.

First off, Blizz is still making content for WoW, and has said that WoW has a long future ahead.
    Second off, Blizz has said that Titan is meant to run alongside WoW, not to replace it.

and Last, and most importantly, Blizz has said NOTHING about Titan yet, except that it will be a new story world. People are constantly talking about how good and how much better than WoW Titan will be, yet Blizz has said nothing about what it's about. I don't get why people are so freaking stupid.

Well for one this is the first time i've seen a post about "Titan" in months. But to be fair, a good amount of the devs that worked on Wow in Vanilla and Bc have moved on to the new "Titan" project and Wow as been on a decline since then. So i can see why people would connect the dots and blame it on that. (even more so because of the crappy content in Cata)

Deleted
    Considering the original WoW devs are working on it, I imagine it will be good whatever the IP is.
    Pretty sure I read somewhere that it was steampunk related, but new I.P.

I'd like to get inside the blizz HQ to see some info on it(there's a lot unreleased, there HAS to be if its in a playable state).
    *phones lulzsec to ask them to get something done :>*

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For us, I think it's really important that we recognize that somewhere, sometime it's likely that someone is going to cannibalize World of Warcraft players, so it's better we cannibalize them ourselves than let someone else do that, because if we cannibalize them ourselves, they're still a Blizzard customer.
    We have taken some of our most experienced developers and put them on this project. We believe we have a dream team. These are the people who made WoW a success. We are going to blow people’s minds.

We really try to learn from what we’ve done in the past. When you architect the game, you architect it with the vision that exists at that time. We’ve got some vision for what is coming and how gaming has evolved. Some of the new things that maybe we would want to do, we can’t do as elegantly because of the way we’ve architected the old game. It’s easier if we are starting fresh. So that being said, we are doing that sort of thing and it’s also not the same game. It’s a different game, so we do feel it’s important to our developers as well as the players for us to deliver something else that can expand their gaming experiences.

We have some of our most talented and most experienced developers on that team. Many of the people that built World of Warcraft are full time on that other team.
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    For us, I think it's really important that we recognize that somewhere, sometime it's likely that someone is going to cannibalize World of Warcraft players, so it's better we cannibalize them ourselves than let someone else do that, because if we cannibalize them ourselves, they're still a Blizzard customer.

We have taken some of our most experienced developers and put them on this project. We believe we have a dream team. These are the people who made WoW a success. We are going to blow people’s minds.

We really try to learn from what we’ve done in the past. When you architect the game, you architect it with the vision that exists at that time. We’ve got some vision for what is coming and how gaming has evolved. Some of the new things that maybe we would want to do, we can’t do as elegantly because of the way we’ve architected the old game. It’s easier if we are starting fresh. So that being said, we are doing that sort of thing and it’s also not the same game. It’s a different game, so we do feel it’s important to our developers as well as the players for us to deliver something else that can expand their gaming experiences.

We have some of our most talented and most experienced developers on that team. Many of the people that built World of Warcraft are full time on that other team.

You're welcome

This pretty much wins the thread lol

OP, it's time to turn the page. WoW is soo 2005. You should be happy about players getting excited on this new project and that Blizzard use they best ressources on this project. There is no point in keeping the oldy tuned (it costs too much money) if they want to transfert their fanbase on new games (D3 until Titan come and then Titan)

You can find the full collection of Titan information on the following thread. Keep the discussion there so there are not Titan threads all over.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nd-speculation

10+ Year Old Account
    people will know enough about titan after that convention where virgins and pedos get together to circle-jerk each other, I mean Blizzcon.
    Three kinds of people in this world
    1. Those who make things happen
    2. People who sit and want things to happen
    3. Those who sit and wonder what happened

Which one are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    All that we know is that its codename is Titan, that WoW devs are going to be working on it, and that it will be a completely new universe and storyline.

No, Titan is designed to run alongside WoW just enough to absorb all the client base from WoW into Titan.

Then, when the time is right, WoW stops getting updated and Titan has established itself as the new big thing, and everyone goes play it.

Blizzard has already shown they dont want to loose customers. So basically you can expect that all games from Blizzard now will come interconnected, so people go from 1 blizzard game into another, hopefully even 2 or 3.

Damn business. I want my money back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually haven't heard too much about Titan. Well, nothing substantial any way. So, in a word, No. No, I am not tired of hearing about Titan.