Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 4.2 Heroic Items Upgrade, Murkablo Video, Firelands Ragnaros Kill Video

Update - Fixed the links to heroic versions of the upgrade, I apologize for being extremely stupid.

Patch 4.2 - Heroic Item Upgrades
    The latest PTR build of Patch 4.2 finally allowed us to understand the use of the Crystallized Firestone dropped by all Firelands boss in heroic mode.

• Upgrade Weapons and Relics from the Patch 4.2 Valor Points Vendor to heroic quality.
    • Upgrade Weapons and armors from the Firelands raid to heroic quality. Since they aren't listed in the loot table of any boss I will assume they're trash loot but I could be wrong.

To buy the upgraded version of an item, you will need the normal version of the item and 1 Crystallized Firestone.

Level Type Spec Slot Name Drop Upgrade
    378PolearmPhysical DPSTwo-HandRanseur of HatredRaid TrashRanseur of Hatred (H)
    378GunPhysical DPSRangedLava Bolt CrossbowRaid TrashLava Bolt Crossbow (H)
    378StaffSpell DPSTwo-HandSpire of Scarlet PainRaid TrashSpire of Scarlet Pain (H)
    378DaggerSpell DPSMain HandChelley's Sterilized ScalpelRaid TrashChelley's Sterilized Scalpel (H)
    378LeatherMeleeWaistRiplimb's Lost CollarRaid TrashRiplimb's Lost Collar (H)
    378MailPhysical DPSWristHide-Bound ChainsRaid TrashHide-Bound Chains (H)
    378AxeMeleeOne-HandBlackcleave ChopperRaid TrashBlackcleave Chopper (H)
    378NeckMeleeNeckFirebound GorgetRaid TrashFirebound Gorget (H)
    378FingerTankFingerStalwart Ember SealRaid TrashStalwart Ember Seal (H)
    378TrinketMeleeTrinketApparatus of Khaz'gorothRaid TrashApparatus of Khaz'goroth (H)
    378TrinketTankTrinketScales of LifeRaid TrashScales of Life (H)
    378WandSpell DPSRangedGlowing Ember WandValor PointsGlowing Ember Wand (H)
    378WandSpell SpiritRangedPhoenix-Feather WandValor PointsPhoenix-Feather Wand (H)
    378RelicMeleeRelicDoomflame FetishValor PointsDoomflame Fetish (H)
    378RelicPhysical DPSRelicHardheart RelicValor PointsHardheart Relic (H)
    378RelicSpell DPSRelicSoulflame VialValor PointsSoulflame Vial (H)
    378RelicSpell SpiritRelicFirebinder RelicValor PointsFirebinder Relic (H)
    378RelicTankRelicDeathclutch FigurineValor PointsDeathclutch Figurine (H)
    378ThrownMeleeThrownMorningstar ShardValor PointsMorningstar Shard (H)
    378ThrownTankThrownDeflecting StarValor PointsDeflecting Star (H)
    378ThrownMeleeThrownGiantslicerValor PointsGiantslicer (H)

Murkablo Companion Pet Video
    The Murkablo (Murky's Little Soulstone) is so cute and fluffy that it deserves an early video. At this point we're not really sure if it will be a Diablo 3 Collector pet or the pet given to people who will attend Blizzcon this year.

Ragnaros 25-Man PTR Kill by Synced
    Ragnaros was available for testing on PTRs tonight and Synced (EU-Kil'jaeden) managed to take him down, and they even have a video of the kill.

Additional BlizzCon Benefit Dinner Tickets On Sale June 8
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Looking for another chance to attend this year's BlizzCon Benefit Dinner and help out a good cause in the process? An additional handful of tickets have become available to this special pre-BlizzCon event and will be going on sale Wednesday, June 8 at 7 p.m. Pacific Time through the online Blizzard Store. Guests will have an opportunity to meet and chat with game developers, artists, executives, and other folks from Blizzard Entertainment before the show. Tickets will be available for $500 USD each (BlizzCon admission included), and the proceeds will benefit Children's Hospital of Orange County. Quantities will be extremely limited, so keep a close watch on the ticket sales page on Wednesday evening for the chance to get yours.

Click here for more information on the BlizzCon Benefit Dinner.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Goblin Racial Nerf
    It wasn't a stealth nerf. It was a bug fix to make the goblin racial function as stated. This is the racial description:

"Always receive the best possible gold discount, regardless of faction."

What this means is you will get the exalted discount from faction vendors regardless of your standing with that faction. There was a bug, however, which allowed the discount to go beyond the maximum (exalted) discount provided to all other races.

We fixed the bug so that the goblin racial now functions as advertised. If you're friendly with, say Kirin Tor, you will receive the same discount as a tauren would who is exalted with that faction. If you're both exalted, you'll still receive the same discount.

So it was previously stacking with other things, like the guild bonus and such? And now it's fixed?
    That's correct.

This is hardly even a racial now. What does it give Goblins that everybody else doesn't have access to now? What other races have a racial that everybody else can be on-par with by putting in a little effort?

Best Deals Anywhere explicitly states you get the best possible gold discount from vendors, not more of a discount than any other race can possibly get.

We’re not trying to nerf fun here, but the goblin racial package is very powerful even if you ignore Best Deals Anywhere completely. It’s a fine line between making racials fun and interesting, and making players feel like they can only pick a certain race. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Leaving instances in combat
    I'd agree it can be annoying, and even costly, but I don't think a restriction of not allowing people to leave during combat would achieve much. Generally people leaving at those moments are doing so on some type of 'principle'. You're pulling too slow, the healer has a fishing pole equipped, etc. etc. and it would be just as productive for them to stand there doing nothing and either wiping the group or just making it a tougher pull. Unlikely they'd think "Oh, I guess they really need me" and jump into combat. They'd just wait until everyone died, feeling justified in their ability to kill the group, and then leave.

There are also situations where being able to leave while in combat wouldn't be the 'wrong' thing to do. For example if someone decided to pull the instance in hopes of wiping everyone. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blizzard Art Gallery Update
    The World of Warcraft Art gallery has been updated with three pieces representing the Warcraft universe.

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-06-03 at 02:53 AM.

Deleted
    So the stamina on the tank trink has been fixed i see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember it's only normal mode.

So, in 4.2 we can upgrade BoE weapons to 391 with one Crystallized Firestone. Not sure if I like that... I hope "dropped by all Firelands boss." is missing the word "heroic".
    Last edited by Spoiledkid; 2011-06-03 at 12:19 AM.

hmm...is it just me or did they get him to like 11% and then raggy just keeled over? wierd...

Welfare heroic gear now, too?.... really?

I swear I read that the firestone would only drop off heroic bosses...

It's not even normal mode ragnaros, hes missing an entire phase on PTR. There is literally no reason to post a kill on a gimped on purpose test encounter.

wonderful no holy paladin boe drops

No meteors in phase 3. They achieved a kill of a bugged boss that removes the hardest ability in the fight.

Just saying for the inevitable 'easy boss' comments, some guilds had a bugged boss (no meteors) which makes the fight simple. Other guilds had the meteors which makes it very difficult past 20% when you get overwhelmed.

Meh, I know it's normal and everything but... it just doesn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfonia View Post
    Welfare heroic gear now, too?.... really?
    Pretty sure those upgrade tokens only drop from heroic bosses there champ.

youtube.com/watch?v=PHuDjY4l6L4&hd=1

Today during PTR testing, Reckoning (US-Lightninghoof), Aptitude (US-Stormreaver), and Ascend (US-Dalaran) grouped and killed Ragnaros (25) as well.

We didn't get the first half of the fight because nobody was running fraps, but we got the harder parts. The second intermission phase isn't working correctly, since there are supposed to be 2 Scions that spawn with 6-ish million HP that need to be burned down. We also didn't see the correct version of P3, where meteors are rolling around that need to be knocked back every 5 seconds by the raid member they fixate on. He had over 200 million HP and has a 10 minute enrage timer, which we hit on the previous pull.

The fight concept is basically to spread out in P1 and deliberately trigger Magma Traps that Ragnaros throws down in a controlled fashion. If you don't trigger the traps, they don't despawn, and every time a trap is triggered the raid takes around 62,000 fire damage. He also will occasionally slam Sulfuras down onto the platform, killing anyone that gets hit by it and throwing out 3 lava waves (which were mostly invisible or bugged out in this version of the fight).

The intermission phases have 8 Sons of Flame spawn and fixate on Ragnaros' hammer, and if they reach the hammer the raid takes around 100k fire damage. They move slower every 5% of their HP you reduce until they hit 50%. Our intermission phases were bugged, and you couldn't see the Sons of Flame unless you were within 10-15 yards of them, so we had to spread out around the hammer and kill them as they came within sight of the raid.

Reckoning (US-Lightninghoof)
    reckoningwow.com

Aptitude (US-Stormreaver)
    aptitudeguild.com

Ascend (US-Dalaran)
    ascenddalaran.com
    Last edited by Xiloscient; 2011-06-03 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Whats with the fire cone raggy is sat in? I'm sure they can do something better than that tbh. It just looks like some crappy cone with a whirly texture on it, theres no fire or anything. GIEF awesome massive fire tornado from old raggy

I am really hoping that those firestones only drop off heroic... if this isnt the case then its really going to be trivial to get heroic gear, which will be really dumb.

That rag encounter looks exactly the same as the original. It's not complete yet, why post this video.. actually, not why post it, why did they even make it?

And i'm quite sure his fire swirl is a placeholder graphic right now. PTR...

As the leader of a casual (one night a week) 10 man, I'll be happy if the token drop from normal. But I won't really care if they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The firestone DO only drop off heroic. Wowhead has all the Firelands boss loot tables in a news article from about a week ago
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    I am really hoping that those firestones only drop off heroic... if this isnt the case then its really going to be trivial to get heroic gear, which will be really dumb.
    Why would you think normal mode boss would drop the normal item INCLUDING a firestone to upgrade to heroic? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    2 questions about the firestones.

1) Do they drop off normal, or just Heroic? Nvm, I see the answer in an earlier post.

2) Are they a 100% drop, or just an occasional drop?
    Last edited by Zoma; 2011-06-03 at 12:31 AM.