Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Deleted
    the ability fine but the icons is so fail. to much information on that.

Im not sure if there are any addons that make the same crap as this journal. But I'm sure that if you're talking about DBM you're way off of the topic. Seriously DBM only tells you timers for activities, if you know what that activity is or not, that's up to you. And IMO whoever doesn't use DBM in raidinng is either too pro or just TOO STUPID. I'm sure it's more likely to be the second one. And like someone said, the journal won't kill the boss for you. You can be explained everything there is to be known about the fight, if you still suck and are a fail dipshit you won't get far in the fight. Simple as that. There's nothing about being elitist or not in here.

To anyone who says this journal is making the game easier, I bet you idiots use WoWpedia everyday, all day, especially during raiding days. This isn't different. Shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz thinks people will read the journals to know fights now? The idiots who made Blizz introduce this journal into the game are 10 year olds who go into boss fights not knowing a thing and wiping the raid. Blizzard thinks 10 year olds can read?

bye bye atlasloot?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    On the one hand I don't see the problem with them providing a list of tactics a boss uses during an encounter, but on the other hand I wonder if the development time would have been better spent giving us another 5-man in 4.2 or any other additional content.

I don't see the in-game journal replacing any addons. Raiders will still use DBM for the alerts. People will still use AtlasLoot because it not only contains dungeon and raid loot, but also profession loot, faction loot, and so forth. Not to mention AtlasLoot has the ability to set up wish lists to track which loot you are needing and from where it is obtained.

The in-game journal will be nice for some casual puggers, but to be frank I wonder how many of those people will even bother to look at the journal and still ask in party or raid chat (or just stay silent and fumble through anyways). I am a very casual raider these days and I still read up on boss fights, and I am sure there are lot of other casual players that read up on strats and it doesn't take much time or effort to do so. Also, after you have seen the encounter a couple times then the in-game journal becomes moot for that encounter. Not to mention people may still check websites to see what strategies other guilds have used to down the encounter.

Again, I don't see it as a bad addition, but content-wise 4.2 looks rather dearth.
    It doesn't provide a list of tactics, it just reveals mechanics. Players still have to figure out how to deal with each ability.

I think the Journal is a big mistake. I admit that within the first few hours after a boss fight, the details are on Youtube and wowhead, but really ..... in game? Are they REALLY going to tell you all the abilities of every single boss from now on? Any other game do that? I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Why would you? Even if the information was available all over the internet, why would anyone add that information into their own game? After 2-3 fights, even the most noobish of guilds will know the boss mechanics. I still think that all of the content will be cleared in two weeks. High end guilds no longer have to learn each of the boss fights. I mean normally our data that goes onto wowhead comes from these top guilds. Now they have it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    Even if the information was available all over the internet, why would anyone add that information into their own game? After 2-3 fights, even the most noobish of guilds will know the boss mechanics.
    That just doesn't make any sense. If "the most noobish guild" use Encounter Journal, why aren't they using the infromation that is available all over the internet?

LOL Curse is a purple star of david.... who else finds that hilarious?

10+ Year Old Account
    And knowing what skills do won't beat the boss for them. Noobish guilds won't start clearing content fast because of this, it makes no sense. In my opinion, E. Journal is a great addition and will server me well when checking detailed things on abilities and looking for my gear needs, all of that without getting out of the game I'm playing. (yeah, not everyone wanders the internets looking for info of the game, so I'm glad for them)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
    You sir win everything. Anything else is just 2nd best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Deleted
    In that Icon thing. Isnt it InterruptAble instead of interruptible?

Hmm... Atlas loot implemented into the game, and ability lists, allowing people to make their own strategies, I like it! And to the qq, all of this stuff is already available, its just scattered on the internet, blizz it putting it in-game because a lot of people use it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Onzay View Post
    LOL Curse is a purple star of david.... who else finds that hilarious?
    It's the same icon as always. It's just a purple explosion with 6 spikes. It's not a davidstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Anyone else thinking the guy at 10:30 (mmo report) looks like a slim version of Daniel Craig?

Quote Originally Posted by Docoda View Post
    In that Icon thing. Isnt it InterruptAble instead of interruptible?
    interruptible is in the dictionary

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/interruptible
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Our guild can tell you all the abilities that Heroic Cho'gal has... doesn't mean we still don't wipe because people aren't on the ball. Get over yourselves-_-

10+ Year Old Account
    I welcome the Journal with open arms, at least i dont have to troll the net looking for information anymore, when it is all there in game. As for people saying it will make it easier to kill stuff, you obviously have never raided, its an overview not a step by step guide as to how to pawn a boss. As for Atlas Loot ofc you will still have a use for it, this is a Dungeon guide, not a rep/faction, pvp, arcaelogy etc and so on loot guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    The Encounter Journal is a nice addition. It won't change the difficulty level of various encounters. People who say that this makes raiding easier, is wrong.

It's like you're going on a quest and the questgiver warns you about the boss's abilities and the precious loot you can have.

It will help you, but it won't kill the boss for you. write this down, it's a nice piece of advice.
    Yeah I'm sure having the quest giver tell you the target will whirlwind every 15 seconds and spit fire/poison/ice/whatever immediately when you engage him doesn't make the encounter any easier.

While strat are always available externally, surely you have been in groups where people don't read them because it's bothersome or boring or whatever else, with this built-in aid nobody will have any excuse to not know what to expect - nice for the group, but ultimately it's just more hand-holding and spoon-feeding.