Making movies with WoW machinima?

So basically I'm an aspiring movie writer/director, in the past I've made quite a few short machinima's that many people liked. Since it is summer I've began to think about making longer WoW machinima's that would almost be like a short film. I actually have many creative ideas that have never been done and think this is a good opportunity to gain film making experience because there will be an audience who can give some feedback. Do you think this is a good idea? Should I set forth and do this project?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why not OP, whenever you make finish just post away

Good luck

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Kinda pointless to ask. If you like doing it and people like your work, just do it.

Can you link your previous work?

Deleted
    Making machinimas is a great experience and especially if they tell a story.

If you have a good idea of what you want to do, just go for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go for it! Just post when you're done

I say go for it.

I film small-scale documentaries as part of my work, but since the film school I went to was less-than-spectacular, a lot of the film experience I've had to draw from initially came from one of my hobbies, which was similar to machinima (I was making web comics using PC games). You'll learn a lot about how to frame shots effectively and dramatically, and if you're using actors (whether it's people playing their characters in-game or recording voiceover) you'll get some good directing experience -- albeit in a simulated environment, but directing real people nonetheless. Not to mention, the editing experience will be very valuable, as far trying to pace everything so that it feels like a real movie.

Best of luck, and keep us posted.