Deleted

[TV] Falling Skys

Incase you haven't been following this show it is due to debut on TNT next Sunday.

The story is set 6 months into an Alien Invasion and centers on a group of resistance fighters trying to survive in the desolate remains of Planet Earth.

Think of "The Walking Dead" meets "Battlefield: Los Angeles"

With Spielberg as a producer and the same writers as BSG, the show does look quite promising and should be a good replacement after Game of Thrones finale yesterday evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping the show is good...but I still got 30 min to wait before I can watch it....Didn't know it was the same writers as BSG cause I loved that show

This irked me...during their plot to go get a friend or something (wasn't really paying attention to the details) the man says "Do you need more hollow points?" to another rebel or what not... which was fine at the time. Then later on a big robo thing that looked like the ED-209 from Robocop turned up. How the hell are you going to kill a big metal alien robot thing, which obviously has armor, with hollow points??? IDK, FMJ's seem like a better idea there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't air till July in Aus (I think), only seen one or two promos here for it, but when I was in the states in April I saw plenty of promos for it and it looked like a show that might interest me very much...I recently finished watching all of SG:Atlantis, there's a void that needs to be filled.

Watched the 2-hour premier last night. Was a very good start. It had some cliche material:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Such as a band of rebels that would screw over any remaining people instead of joining something bigger cause it's a waste of time.

It's got a very good looking future from what I can tell. Moving civilians to a better, safer location while encountering who knows what. Dealing with Limited resources. Why Earth was attacked? Why the aliens look like spiders yet make their mechs bipedal (as was mentioned in the show)? The whole harnessing of the children into slaves and why the harness can't be removed yet seems to cure them of illnesses (as mentioned in a promo.)?

There is a lot going on and I seem potential in it. It's got my attention well enough to watch it for the next Sunday.