Poll: Call of duty or Halo?

Thread: Halo or CoD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really just don't like Halo that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    So you're saying that Halo 2 is the worst in that list? Because I'm pretty sure you have that backwards
    I'm a minority, I know, but Halo 2 was by far my least favorite of all the Halo titles thus far.

It just seemed to me that Halo 2 came down to swipe sniping, every damn time.

Story wise, Halo 3 was amazing, Halo 2 not so much, Halo 2 was a major disappointment.

I also only got an Xbox live account about a year after Halo 2 came out, and I didn't really play the other Halo's multiplayer that much, cause I like playing games like that with people I know, and most of my friends are CoD fans /sigh.

So maybe the other Halo games devolved into who could glitch, for lack of a better word, the system the best.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2011-06-20 at 04:48 AM.

You're even sillier than zeta

Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    Halo before Reach launched, after Reach, I need me some of both to stop myself from snapping one of the disks.
    You mean to say you actually liked halo 3 more than halo reach? I played MW2 over halo 3 any day, but black ops was a dissapointment and reach was at least redeeming in some way, shape, or form.

I'd go with Halo series, multiplayer's more fun than CoD imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Reach is better than 3, usosilly

Though I do agree WaW was shit, BO really improved that
    Oh, another "my opinion is fact" statements, way to go Penguin
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Because I'm clearly establishing my opinion as the one and only possibly valid view, as evidenced by "usosilly"

I think Halo 2 would be #1 on the list, but some people hate it just because of the battle rifle. They are also the same people who hated Halo 1 because of the pistol. /sigh. I wasn't a fan of Halo 3, and didn't even bother with any of the games from that franchise since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halo, I pwn... In comparison to CoD, Halo requires more skill, since in CoD all it is is whoever shoots first gets the kill.
    Do you like Guacamole?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    I think Halo 2 would be #1 on the list, but some people hate it just because of the battle rifle. They are also the same people who hated Halo 1 because of the pistol. /sigh. I wasn't a fan of Halo 3, and didn't even bother with any of the games from that franchise since then.
    I miss the days of LAN parties and having fun with people you actually know.

Boo Internet!
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post

Boo Internet!
    I completely agree of LAN parties, i miss those days...
    Do you like Guacamole?

10+ Year Old Account
    Halo games are fun right when they come out, but they lose their luster, whereas in CoD there's more to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Taliwhacker View Post
    Halo, I pwn... In comparison to CoD, Halo requires more skill, since in CoD all it is is whoever shoots first gets the kill.
    I cant agree with you. I have killed people by shooting first in Halo and have killed people who shoot me first (a lot actually) in COD. They both vary and both require skill imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post

Boo Internet!
    /agree

Quote Originally Posted by Taliwhacker View Post
    In comparison to CoD, Halo requires more skill
    Yeah, I think this is a generally accepted fact among people who have played both.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Both choices can eat a proverbial dick.

Never been a fan of Halo.
    Call of Duty just looks like it'll be the same game with a new wrapper, and maybe some jam filling instead of cream :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    halo by a million

CoD is a campfest and takes no skill to spray your gun around and get a kill because it takes 2 bullets to kill someone

Halo involves team strategy and actually being able to aim
    Still laughing. CoD is no better, but don't kid yourself. LOL
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Halo is huge on teamwork

15+ Year Old Account
    I love both Halo and CoD but Halo was my first game and will always be my favourite series.

Multiplayer rankings for halo:
    Halo 3 beta = Halo 2 > Halo: Reach Beta > Halo 3 > Halo: Reach > Halo 1 (mainly because I never played xbox live with it)

Thats not to say that Halo 1 is the worst, they where all great and so was CoD4 and CoD6 multiplayer (never played any others).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll likely go with Halo, I have never played any of the COD's unfortunately

Only the battle field series

I never liked the new CoD, and even before that I didn't enjoy them too much.

Halo was a turning point for me, it had a great, fascinating story, great game play, awesome Lan, and was an overall fun experience.

Hate Reach the most cause it ruined "The Fall of Reach"