Question WoW and Nvidia 3D Vision

Hello.

I recently bought a 3DTV and noticed that World of Warcraft was listed under "Excellent" in supported games of the Nvidia 3D Vision thingie. Excited I was, and enabled 3D from the Nvidia drivers and fired up WoW. My TV immediately said "3D signal detected", and I got even more excited. I went online on one of my characters, and to my great disappointment, noticed no change whatsoever, no sign of a 3D effect. The picture looked the same without glasses as it did with them.
    Then I took a look at the settings, and noticed there was 3D settings under "Advanced". "Of course!", I said to myself, "I have to enable and tweak these so I get the effect working". So I tick the box to get 3D Stereo enabled, and put the effect to the maximum just for testing purposes. But, alas, no change, nothing. I even tried rebooting the game several times after the changes and tried both DirectX 9 and 11, but no bonus.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong or should it work in the first place? I have the latest drivers from Nvidia, my graphics card is the GTX 460 and my telly is a Sony EX724.

edit: Tried with no addons, resolution set at 1280x720 60hz, vsync on/off, nothing... TV thinks it's detecting a 3D signal but WoW is definitely not doing anything.

edit2: Found a post on the US forums that said it was the Nvidia drivers and reverting back to 266.58 should fix everything, but no. Nothing changed on a clean install... Jesus.

Mod-note: Thought I would move the thread to a discussion forum more fitting, hope you find your answer!
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-07 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Have you used 3D successfully in other games? Because some people simply can't see the 3D effect.

Other than that, try googling or use the official forums.

Apparently the effect is quite good in WoW. http://www.gamectr.com/Home/tabid/10...-and-tips.aspx

Edit: Wait, you said you have a 3D TV? Nvidias 3D Vision requires special 120 Hz screens in order to work properly and obviously glasses as well. I think it might be incompatible with your 3D TV set.

if its a true 3D tv it is 120 hz as are all 3d view modules. Umm there are forums about how to adjust and set up certain games in the NVIDIA offical forums trying taking a look at the tech support there.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Edit: Wait, you said you have a 3D TV? Nvidias 3D Vision requires special 120 Hz screens in order to work properly and obviously glasses as well. I think it might be incompatible with your 3D TV set.
    This would be the issue. The Nvidia 3D Vision setup just uses a regular LCD monitor that runs at 120Hz. A 3D TV won't produce the effect to my knowledge, unless it otherwise can be set up to use Nvidia's tech specifically.

Edit: Running the model number provided it appears that it's neither supported by Nvidia's 3D Vision tech nor is it 120Hz. It's not going to work on it, sorry.

Edit 2: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play.html This on the other hand seems to support that TV you have, although is a different tech. "Sony KDL-55EX723 55" 270.61 with 3DTV Play Update Utility 1.0.0.25" This tech uses your TV's glasses instead of Nvidia's.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-06-20 at 06:51 AM.

If I remember correctly Nvidea's system required you to buy some special hardware for it to work, including one of their 3D enabled video cards or something along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nvidia also has its own special set of 3D glasses you must use as well

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_3D_VisionKit_us.html

t
    ry this

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play.html
    Last edited by Kellytm3; 2011-06-20 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawl View Post
    If I remember correctly Nvidea's system required you to buy some special hardware for it to work, including one of their 3D enabled video cards or something along those lines.
    I feel stupid now as it was this and nothing else; I needed the software to actually enable the 3D even my television was saying 3D detected. Downloaded the 14 day trial and everything is perfect now and WoW is looking pretty sick. However I'm not sure if one can buy it in Europe yet, as it only offers USA, Canada, Puerto Rico and some islands as your country options? That would suck.

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kellytm3 View Post
    Yeah it was this, works perfectly now with my TV and Sony's new glasses. Fuck me.
    Last edited by Lixo; 2011-06-20 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee-Jay Delicious View Post

A 3dtv is basicly a 100hz that can do up to 50hz x2 for 3d. My 3dtv has "600hz" which basicly is 100hz, but has a "fluid motion" booster buildt in. And i have successfully played bf3 on pc and metro 2033 in 3d on it via 3dvision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod-note: Thought I would move the thread to a discussion forum more fitting, hope you find your answer!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    No need to bump a 3 year old thread. Locking.