View Poll Results: What do you think about Rebecca Black?

Voters
125. This poll is closed
  • Hate her, Don't want another Justin Bieber.

28 22.40%
  • Hate her, Trying to become famous through Youtube.

12 9.60%
  • Hate her, Debut song was awful.

52 41.60%
  • She could do better.

14 11.20%
  • She's OK. Just need a different approach/song style to get her up and running.

12 9.60%
  • (Doubt it's possible yet, but) I love her, don't know what everyone is complaining about.

7 5.60%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Why do people hate Rebecca Black?

Ok. I know this is probably gonna turn into a pile of different views (most likely haters). But here goes anyway.

Why do people hate her?

Is it because people don't want another Justin Bieber? People don't like people who try to become pop stars over Youtube?
    Why?

She could do better, I know. Friday wasn't exactly the best song I've ever heard. She could probably start of slower. Maybe like a slow/sad song, I have no idea. Just don't jump straight into the deep end of the pool. She got a place in Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night" as herself. IMO, she did well for herself there.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2011-06-20 at 07:19 AM.

same reason they bash everything. they think its funny to put someone down who is trying to make something of their self.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW, option 4 includes no autotuning BS.
    And I messed up in the poll. 4 and 5 are the same /facepalm
    Last edited by Auxis; 2011-06-20 at 07:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont hate her. That song is hilariously bad, but I don't hate her as a person.

I dislike her as a singer... her first song was awful and her voice didn't sound very good. Also... I am not sure how singing a pop song is considered the deep end of the ocean to you. Slow sad songs are harder to pull of in general because they not only require better writing (because more people actually listen to the words) but they also require more from the person singing.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not hate her as a person, but the song is just disgustingly awful

It's like gouging your ears with rusted nails, In my opinion rather

But whatever she has fame I don't. Maybe that's why I hate her? Because horrible music that some people like got her popular

Deleted
    Friday is the funniest song ever

I don't hate her, I just laugh at her XD
    She and her parents went to Ark to make some videoclip. Now Ark isn't the only company doing this and Black isn't the first kid to do this, it happens on a daily basis.
    The thing is, we think Ark realized how BAD she was at singing, made the worst song they could think of and auto-tuned the SHIT out of it.

Next issue was making it go viral. I read on some blogs from people who keep track of these kinda things and they said that this video exploded on EVERY site. Youtube, reddit, etc etc... One of these videos appearing on 1 site? Happens all the time. It appearing on ALL of them within a day? All Ark tried to do was go viral, and they did, HARD.

I dunno if you've seen any of Ark's new "talents". It's more auto-tuned BS by 13 y/o's, but this time it sounds a LOT better and is waaaay better produced (and thus, not as bad as "Friday" so we can't make fun of them so no one cares). Smart move by them: make terrible song to get popular, then make less terrible songs and make tons of money

Why people hate on Rebecca Black personally? Because she's a rich kid who thinks she can get famous by throwing her parents' money around.
    The sad thing is: it's working. Also, because of all this she now thinks she can sing. General rule is: if you need auto-tune, you can't sing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because she never ate her cereal. She said she was going too, then she just left. She lied to me, and it cut deep.

Brony Friend Finder--->http://tinyurl.com/4x88w3a Steam: Some form of Disso, (changes daily)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the song, not her personally since i don't really know her. But I do not like the fact that she's trying to make a good song with autotune cause her own voice probably sucks ass.. And still with autotune it sounds like she's whining through the song instead of singing..

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the song because its so bad. Every Friday at work i hafta listen to it at least ones. To celibate that the weekend is coming up. Kinda like a ritual.
    The lyrics are just so so so crap, but thats also why i love the song. If the lyrics would have made sense, the song would still be just as bad. But would lose its "uniqueness", and then be looked at as just some bullshit crap.
    She as a person i know nothing about. But the the label she used indicates that she's a spoiled brat =P
    I dont really aprove of all the hate'in out there! Song has its comic values and should be accepted for that reason

Deleted
    i hope she n jb end up like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpsotgwH-LA

15+ Year Old Account
    What's next? Babies singing about the labor?
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Classic rich kid spoiled brat. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account

It's fun to hate talented children that have pushy parents :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Because she has a god awful voice,cross between whiny and chipmunkish... and she has nothing of interest to sing about.. where is that option?

10+ Year Old Account
    The song was really awful.. i had to force myself three or four times just to be able to listen through it all.. the lyrics sound like they were written by a 2 year old (maybe the kid would do better than Black), her voice is irritating and annoying, her "artist name" could have been better (a semi-fat white girl called Black? Really?) and the whole video sucked so much it almost made me throw up..

I don't personally hate her, but i hate her choices and all the ignorance she had to put that video all over the Internet.. :X
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

Quote Originally Posted by DissoOfEredar View Post
    Because she never ate her cereal. She said she was going too, then she just left. She lied to me, and it cut deep.
    I am now madly in love with you, to the point where I would give birth to your babies even though I'm a dude.

Deleted
    She cant sing and Friday was a terrible song

I don't hate Black herself, I'm sure she is a nice girl. I do however dislike the song. The words are empty of meaning, the sole reason it was written was to jump on the bieber bandwagon, the autotune is too obvious (usage of autotune to create a specific effect is OK in my book).

Music should not be a money printing tool.