Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Valor Points in 4.2

I checked all the blue-posts I found on this topic and did not find a statement that they are replacing the valor points for boss-kills in the current 359 raids with justice points.

Does that mean they will still drop valor points? So even if my guild is not very successful in the fireland raids, we could run the "old" and highly nerfed cata raids to hit the weekly valor point cap, getting 365 gear from the vendor? Furthermore: Never running hero dungeons again?

IIRC, tier11 raids will award justice points.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annu View Post
    I checked all the blue-posts I found on this topic and did not find a statement that they are replacing the valor points for boss-kills in the current 359 raids with justice points.

Does that mean they will still drop valor points? So even if my guild is not very successful in the fireland raids, we could run the "old" and highly nerfed cata raids to hit the weekly valor point cap, getting 365 gear from the vendor? Furthermore: Never running hero dungeons again?
    Hello OP, only the HM;s of T11 will reward VP and of course firelands and no non of the HM's we're ever nerfed within the crossfire of normals

So stay in firelands is my suggestion or -

Technically you can just run ZA/ZG a billion times to obtain that cap

T11 normal modes, will reward justice points and will be nerfed to the ground.

HM anyway will stay the same difficulty and award still valor. Don't think many people will run them anyway with firelands gear being better.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    T11 normal modes, will reward justice points and will be nerfed to the ground.

HM anyway will stay the same difficulty and award still valor. Don't think many people will run them anyway with firelands gear being better.
    Which kind of baffles me. They let people see the content, but they essentially get punished for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Hello OP, only the HM;s of T11 will reward VP and of course firelands and no non of the HM's we're ever nerfed within the crossfire of normals

So stay in firelands is my suggestion or -

Technically you can just run ZA/ZG a billion times to obtain that cap
    Indeed, a complete 25 man Firelands clear will get you capped, as will 7 runs of a random Zandalari.

10+ Year Old Account
    T11 raids will drop justice points.
    T11 HEROIC raids will still drop valor points.
    Your first 7 LFD random dungeons will still drop valor points.
    And all of Firelands will drop valor points.

So in order to get your valors, you can get a maximum of 980 from doing your 7 Zandalari heroics a week and grab the rest from one or more of the following: heroic T11 content, Baradin Hold or Firelands.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies!
    So my dreams about never ever running heroics again have come to an end

After all, the implementation of a weeky valor point cap to raids (and not just heroics) and valor points from outdated raids would have made sense to me (heroic PUGs for people with small/without guild and outdated raids for the less successful raiders).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies!
    So my dreams about never ever running heroics again have come to an end

After all, the implementation of a weeky valor point cap to raids (and not just heroics) and valor points from outdated raids would have made sense to me (heroic PUGs for people with small/without guild and outdated raids for the less successful raiders).
    It's just a few heroic's for the day and your g2g for a week, at least you don't have to wait every day now to cap right?

You will be fine