Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Looking for a good, time-consuming singleplayer game.

I'm transitioning between high school and college right now, and I have a lot of free time on my hands now that I'm playing WoW less. I'm thinking that I just want to take a break from multiplayer games for a while until GW2 comes out, and just stick to a good, solid singleplayer that will keep me busy for a while. Preferably one that has high replay value.

Here are a few singleplayer games that I have played and enjoyed. Hoping to find some that are similar to these:
    Assassin's Creed (I and II. Haven't tried Brotherhood yet)
    Darksiders
    The Witcher (Haven't looked into The Witcher 2 yet. Is it worth buying?)
    Fallout 3
    Dead Space and Dead Space 2
    Oblivion

Those are my favorites that I can think of off the top of my head. I really need to figure out something to play soon. Any help would be appreciated. =)

very old (from 2000 ) but still one of the best RPGs ever made - Baldurs Gate 2. Epic Quests, epic interaction of the party members and awesome characters. oh, and 100h+ hours of gametime.

Doom 3 is a long game for a shooter. About 15 hours on pc give or take how good you are at shooters. And about 40 hours if you attempt it on nightmare mode /shutter. It also has an expansion. I know Resident Evil 4 takes anywhere around 14-24 hours on your first play through. Just some I can think of off the top of my head.

I am also looking for this kind of a game.
    Playing since 2007.

i have nearly 200 hours in DAO over several playthroughs perhaps something for you to consider?
    Asdfgh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franuki View Post
    i have nearly 200 hours in DAO over several playthroughs perhaps something for you to consider?
    How..? I can barely get through one playthrough...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Brotherhood was imo the best AC to date, might want to look into picking it up. Also L.A. Noire was a pretty good game if you can stomach the ending.

Sins of a Solar Empire;

Kick ass space RTS game, I highly recommend.

Or maybe getting a henway.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallkaroth View Post
    Also L.A. Noire was a pretty good game if you can stomach the ending.
    What's the point in playing if you go spoil yourself and how would you know the if you can stomach the ending without spoiling yourself.

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khallkaroth View Post
    Also L.A. Noire was a pretty good game if you can stomach the ending.
    <br><br>What's the point in playing if you go spoil yourself and how would you know the if you can stomach the ending without spoiling yourself or completing the game.

Deleted
    Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2, costs about 30 bucks for both of them in a bundle
    and easily spent over 200 hours for both with multiple playthroughs on different classes.
    Right now my all-time favorite game. It's a shooter/rpg with a brilliant story and you can choose what path to go
    either good or bad and decide which of your team mates live or die or which one to love.
    ME 1 is more of a RPG with the gear system and is built up less on Combat, but therefore a longer and better story and mini questing.
    ME 2 is more of a shooter than RPG with less gear but better graphics and much more spectacular shooting, graphics and a bit of a worse story than ME 1
    but still more than worth it to play.

Made by Bioware maker of WAR and SWOTR and Dragon Age and more incredible games.
    Another game would be Dragon Age - Origins.
    It's a game where you get addicted quickly to and it's more of a tactical game than a action game, where you control your team mates to choose where they should place they're spells and how to enhance them. Good long story, a single playthrough is about 70 Hours without help with mini quests and puzzles. Similar to ME 1 and 2 you choose which of your team mates live or die and which you love. Havent played Dragon Age 2 yet but havent heard such great reviews and stuff about it from friends.

If you're a completionist...Spellforce/Spellforce 2. It's a hybrid rts/rpg (mediocre rts, mediocre rpg), but before I lost my save file for the first game, I sunk at least 20-30 hours minimum (probably closer to 40) into and I'm pretty sure I was only around halfway done (had only played with 3 of the 6 rts races). Speaking of which...I think I'm going to install the second one and give it another shot, didn't have the time last time I installed it and let it fall by the wayside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to steam and get the F.E.A.R pack for 10 bucks. Includes F.E.A.R 1 &2 with the expansion packs. Easily some of the best games I've played.

Brony Friend Finder--->http://tinyurl.com/4x88w3a Steam: Some form of Disso, (changes daily)

The Witcher 2 is great.
    As are any of the Mass Effects.
    Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Awakening, and Dragon Age 2 are all great also.
    Fallout: New Vegas was great.
    Portal 2, 'nough said there.

Basement Wizard Extraordinaire!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Witcher 2. Great improvements over the first, a lot of fun on the harder modes, solid combat with a relatively steep learning curve in anything higher than normal mode, and probably the best looking game ever (if your computer can run it with max settings). It also has a moderately high replay value since you can choose to go down different paths along the story and pick a different talent "tree". Definitely worth getting.

Liking the suggestions I'm getting here. =) Thanks guys! I have some shopping to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DissoOfEredar View Post
    Go to steam and get the F.E.A.R pack for 10 bucks. Includes F.E.A.R 1 &2 with the expansion packs. Easily some of the best games I've played.
    Hell yes. Granted, FEAR scares the crap outta me (I hate creepy little girls you can't kill, give me Doom 3 any day over it) but it's probably one of the best FPS games I've played (Pariah being another great one). For 10 bucks, it's well worth it.

Start a new character on Oblivion​, IMO.

Not a name you hear often around here but Civilization 4: Beyond the sword would be my choice, Its a turn based strategy game so deep and thorough that I really doubt you will have less than 200hours IF you give it a chance, its a hard game to swallow however but its really entertaining and has the most friendly forums I've ever seen :P

Half Life series!
    Borderlands
    Dead Rising
    Bioshock 1/2
    GTA
    Prototype

Some old ones:
    Deus Ex
    Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
    Far Cry (2nd one sucks)
    Max Payne

Also try getting a few emulators if you're into that kind of thing (N64 - Super Mario 64).