Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Logitech G930, should I really order it?

Hi

I've been thinking about this for a very, very long time. I need a headset and the Logitech G930 has everything I want but there are quite a few problems that has been found and not fixed so I'm not sure if I really want to buy it. I can buy it, see if there are any problems and return it if it's awful so that's one of my options.

Mic noise cancellation not working = fixed as far as I know.

Sound from only one side using Skype (& some youtube videos, possible also some games). I think this was fixed when Skype was updated and it seems like only a few people (?) had this problem.

Static sound always being played by the mic = not sure if a lot of people have this problem and there seems to be a fix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0fZASUfkrI)

Some people says that the sound is amazing and that you can crank the bass up and have no distortion but others are complaining that at the lowest bass settings it's still distortion. I've heard that this depends on what you are used to and sometimes it's the wrong settings that they are using to get the bass to be higher. Considering that I've only used cheap $10 headphones and the Creative Fatality headset I don't think the sound will be a problem.

Is there anyone out there that have this headset or thought about buying it that knows something that I don't? Are there more problems? Have they been solved? Is everyone getting these problems?

Thanks in advance,
    Redoxe

Deleted
    Thanks for the response

I knew about the tape quality but that's really not important as I'm not interested in recording my awesome singing and it should be enough for people to understand what I'm saying.

I do want the G-keys as I'll be making playlists with TV-series (clearly paid for and not downloaded cuz' that's illegal) and start the playlist, play/pause & go to next episode from my bed.

The scream of a 10 year old girl would probably be deeper than my voice so I'm not worried about having my tired deep voice getting cut out. Sidetone is kind of useful on closed headphones but if it's the cause of the buzzing then I'll learn to keep my voice down even though I don't hear it.

Does it work in skype without the sound only coming from one side? Any games that doesn't work correctly with the G930?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    One last thing is that when 5.1 is activated, Ventrilo will seem to go mute, and you can't hear anything again until you switch back to 2.1 via the headset switch.
    I dont think i have this problem will have to double check when i get home.

As for sound quality, top notch. It's also a very well built headset. If, like me, you've broken headsets by the wires getting pulled under the chair wheels, or by walking too far from the PC, then the G930 is well worth it.
    This, i wanted wireless because wires always get in everything and everywhere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    Thanks for the response I knew about the tape quality but that's really not important as I'm not interested in recording my awesome singing and it should be enough for people to understand what I'm saying.I do want the G-keys as I'll be making playlists with TV-series (clearly paid for and not downloaded cuz' that's illegal) and start the playlist, play/pause & go to next episode from my bed.The scream of a 10 year old girl would probably be deeper than my voice so I'm not worried about having my tired deep voice getting cut out. Sidetone is kind of useful on closed headphones but if it's the cause of the buzzing then I'll learn to keep my voice down even though I don't hear it. Does it work in skype without the sound only coming from one side? Any games that doesn't work correctly with the G930?
    I can safely say the skype issue has been resolved, my G35 had the same issue but this was because Skype identified the headset as a 5.1 Setup, and treated it as such. Flipping the switch over to surround fixed that issue before, but right now Skype propperly treats the headset as a stereo device again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been looking into this headset as well, and I actually know someone in my guild who uses it. He says pretty much the only drawback is that you have to charge it on a pretty regular basis if you play 4-7 hours a day. He says sound quality is really, really high and that the headset works perfectly for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had this headset for about 4 months now. At first I was in love and recently just started to have a connectivity issue at times. My receiver is literally 3 feet from the headset so I highly doubt that's the issue. There have been a handful of occasions when the headset would just lose signal for no reason. This is somewhat rare, but it's a terrible inconvenience when you're in the middle of a raid or pvp. The battery life is so-so. I basically have to charge it every 2-3 days (which is fine) but that may be a con to some folks. The cable management for the charge cord is pretty slick though. If I had to do it over again, I may have gone a different direction. The sound quality is fantastic though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Take this from somebody with a lot of experience, NEVER buy a logitech headset. They break far to easy and their customer support is difficult to deal with. I ended up going for a well made headset that had a lifetime warranty,These ones, will never go back on that purchase. Lifetime warrenty, no questions asked. My dog actually chewed up my headset and they gave me a new one. The logitech headsets are far to badly made, the cords are low quality and the headsets often crack. If you want to get a good headset, take the money and spend it on one you wont need to replace soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Take this from somebody with a lot of experience, NEVER buy a logitech headset. They break far to easy and their customer support is difficult to deal with. I ended up going for a well made headset that had a lifetime warranty,These ones, will never go back on that purchase. Lifetime warrenty, no questions asked. My dog actually chewed up my headset and they gave me a new one. The logitech headsets are far to badly made, the cords are low quality and the headsets often crack. If you want to get a good headset, take the money and spend it on one you wont need to replace soon.
    Similair experience Buy razer or alienware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodewijk View Post
    Similair experience Buy razer or alienware.
    Ha Ha Ha. Like theirs are any better. Besides, I never buy anything from Alienware seeing the ammount of money they ask for the rigs they make.

If you don't fancy the build quality of a quality Logitech headset (Not some 5$ skype POS headset, a decent one like the G930 or G35), you're better off buying some quality cans and get a seperate mic with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Ha Ha Ha. Like theirs are any better. Besides, I never buy anything from Alienware seeing the ammount of money they ask for the rigs they make.

If you don't fancy the build quality of a quality Logitech headset (Not some 5$ skype POS headset, a decent one like the G930 or G35), you're better off buying some quality cans and get a seperate mic with it.
    Tested it ??? I did my razer headset stil working after X amount of years. Now i use a alienware 1 that came with my new pc.
    Had 2 logitec headsets not 1 lasted longer then a month

What i learned from this u rather wanna buy a good 1 that is more expensive but lasts a lifetime or u buy logitec stuf and break it within a month atleast that worked for me
    Last edited by mmoc6adf7369f4; 2011-06-21 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodewijk View Post
    Tested it ??? I did my razer headset stil working after X amount of years. Now i use a alienware 1 that came with my new pc.Had 2 logitec headsets not 1 lasted longer then a monthWhat i learned from this u rather wanna buy a good 1 that is more expensive but lasts a lifetime or u buy logitec stuf and break it within a month atleast that worked for me
    My G35 turned 2 a month back, not even a scratch on it.

My G35 turned 2 a month back, not even a scratch on it.
    How are the earpads holding up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    How are the earpads holding up?
    Both cups have an imprint of my glasses, that's about it.

Both cups have an imprint of my glasses, that's about it.
    Black fake leather is starting to peel :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Black fake leather is starting to peel :\
    Don't have that problem (yet?). If they would start to peel I'd just get it all off, I don't really care about how it looks, it still sounds the same.

I love my G930. I never liked Wireless but after this headset I doubt I would be able to go back. Quality is great, battery last a long time, and not having to deal with cords is a life saver. I've had to replace dozens of headsets from running over the cords with my chair, or from them wearing down over time.
    Last edited by moaradin; 2011-06-21 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    @Eowenn
    I've had the MX518 for several years now so I trust Logitech when it comes to mice. About the cords being low quality... It's wireless! I've seen people use the G35 for a really long time and the only thing that happened is the earpads getting damaged slightly, still functional so it's just a cosmetic change (That kind of damage is what happens after years if you treat it with care). My last two headsets have been broken because of the wire getting damaged when I stand up with the cord stuck beneath the chair. I've also had a cheap pair of headphones break when I get stuck on the wire and pull them down from my desk. So to all of you telling me to get headphones + standalone mic, I am really not looking for something with wires and that suggestion will end up with 2 wires. Not really what I am looking for.

After spending the last couple of months trying to find out information about the G930 I finally decided to buy them. I'd like to thank everyone for the great response as it really helped me feel a bit safer about my purchase. I'll simply return them if I find any major problems. I was hoping that the bad feeling would disappear if I ordered them but it's still there. I am not doubting the quality of the headset nor am I afraid that the sound will be awful, I fear that the problems people are talking about are worse than what I expect.
    Last edited by mmocf3e8550591; 2011-06-21 at 08:01 PM.

USB audio device = using crap codecs run through your CPU instead of using your actual audio hardware.

Deleted
    @Poodles
    Do you know where I can find a wireless non-usb headset that has recieved great reviews (great sound, quality and extra functions such as being able to control a media player etc)?

I'd also need to buy a soundcard which I don't have to with the G930 because it's USB.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    USB audio device = using crap codecs run through your CPU instead of using your actual audio hardware.
    Please tell us what wonderfull cups and card you're rocking, I'm dying to know.