Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    @Poodles
    Do you know where I can find a wireless non-usb headset that has recieved great reviews (great sound, quality and extra functions such as being able to control a media player etc)?

I'd also need to buy a soundcard which I don't have to with the G930 because it's USB.
    Why? USB headsets have a build-in soundchip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Why? USB headsets have a build-in soundchip.
    I know, I said that I would need a soundcard if didn't go with USB.

Wireless is fail. Poor sound quality. Prone to interference. Heavy due to built-in battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    I know, I said that I would need a soundcard if didn't go with USB.
    Oh, that way. I misunderstood, sorry.

Is your onboard sound really that horrible that you need a soundcard?

btw, I have a Corsair HS1 headset. It has very good sound and a noise-free mic. Doesn't have any buttons on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikiniwax View Post
    Wireless is fail. Poor sound quality. Prone to interference. Heavy due to built-in battery.
    Disagree with every statement here.

It's a brilliant headset well worth the buy, the one side speaker thing still pops up with Mumble however; but don't have any other issue elsewhere with it. Just switch it into 7.1 mode and it'll come out of both speakers. Battery life is fantastic on this thing, not to mention you can get replacement batteries when the batterys life is starting to dwindle. Wireless dongles are also replaceable as well (i run over mine with my chair and got a replacement sent free of charge).

Wireless range is good as well, can literally walk outside my house and sit in my car which is on the road and still continue chatting on skype or listen to whatever i'm watching. Sound quality is good, not excellent, i've been spolit by proper headphones that my brother has (sound engineer). But better than most of the stuff on the market at any rate.

Best headset i've owned at least, just don't sit the wireless dongle right next to another 2.4ghz device, causes interference.

FYI, if you do go with a sound card, get an external one, anything internal is shite. period.

Edit:

Actually somewhat interested as to why people are saying Logitech are poor with customer service, i buy exclusively from them with any peripherals purely because their customer service and warranty service are so good.
    Last edited by evensis; 2011-06-21 at 10:46 PM.