Do you use a steel series gaming mouse?

Hey guys, I just ordered a SteelSeries WoW gaming mouse model 62006, and well I'm looking for what you guys think about these "gaming" mice. Ive always been the non-keybinder and clicked what was on my first action bar. Now I'm looking to improve my PvP reflexes with a new mouse. So do any of you use one, if so, whats your opinion on it?

Deleted
    I personally use the Naga and I love it, some people say its overkill and I do miss my MX518 sometimes for its more simple approach

What do you mean by overkill?

Personally I use the Razer Naga, have been loyal to Razer products for quite some time now. However, Steelseries is really good.
    Bleh

15+ Year Old Account
    At first feel the Steelseries WoW Mouse is huge! I used it for a year or two, think it bugged out or something so I switched back to my wireless HP mouse I see no reason to have a special mouse to play a game. As long as the mouse got a scrollwheel!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archzz View Post
    I personally use the Naga and I love it, some people say its overkill and I do miss my MX518 sometimes for its more simple approach
    Naga is IMHO the best mouse I've tried a few but absaloute best mouseI have used as it improved my gameplay and reaction time 100% when I played.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

15+ Year Old Account
    I had a Steelseries mouse, then it broke and I got a new one, then it broke and I got a new one, then that one broke too and I got a new one, and guess what, that one broke too and then I had it and bought a logitech mouse. It's been with me for 1 year now and is the best mouse I've had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    Naga is IMHO the best mouse I've tried a few but absaloute best mouseI have used as it improved my gameplay and reaction time 100% when I played.
    Yep I agree, best mouse ever though do miss the MX518 feels a bit more clunky in my hand, wish they had a bigger Naga

Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    What do you mean by overkill?
    some people say its got far to many buttons then needed and say other gaming mice with less buttons will do the job, which they will at a much cheaper price, but my gf was good to me and got me a Naga so im happy with it.

Deleted
    Tried one with many buttons, but I kept clicking the wrong ones. I'm back to my trusty Logitech G9x. Simple and efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run a Naga too, but the Steelseries one may be more appropriate if you have large hands. It's much bigger than the Naga, which may be too small for people. I have small hands, so I like it. Steelseries would be way too big for me.

I'm also super picky about what I want for mouse size/shape, probably moreso than most people, so very few mice meet my particular standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nørf View Post
    I had a Steelseries mouse, then it broke and I got a new one, then it broke and I got a new one, then that one broke too and I got a new one, and guess what, that one broke too and then I had it and bought a logitech mouse. It's been with me for 1 year now and is the best mouse I've had.
    FWIW, this was a complaint with the original iterations, but the new ones are supposedly much better made.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Using a G5 myself, have had it since near the release of WoW.... never had an issue, but the material on the right mouse button has seen much better days

The steelseries wow mouse was a bit "flakey" and the build quality left a bit to be desired. If you have mildly sweaty hands expect all the silver paint to rub off it pretty damn fast.
    That said, after a period about 2/3 months in where the mouse needed a bit of a seeing to (sticky buttons, took a bit of thought and some prodding) it was from then on a joy to use.
    I've since gone logitech also, got myself the G700 gaming mouse. Mine's developed problems about 6 months in though - the right mouse button is rather poor at "holding" contact when held down which as you can imagine for wow is a royal pain in the ass. I think like most I DO spend a lot of time with right mouse held down for movement etc so trying to be a BIT more delicate with the replacement but we'll see. Bought another though while I RMA my current mouse so that says a lot for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.