Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    if you were honestly counting on this weapon as a serious one for your caster 1) you're lame, 2) go buy a chelley's staff in the AH for like 8k, even with spirit on it it's superior 3) this weapon is for fun, l2havefun, 4) MH/OH are superior to staves in every way, with the exception of the legendary for this upcoming content tier

Quote Originally Posted by QQmoore View Post
    if you were honestly counting on this weapon as a serious one for your caster 1) you're lame, 2) go buy a chelley's staff in the AH for like 8k, even with spirit on it it's superior 3) this weapon is for fun, l2havefun, 4) MH/OH are superior to staves in every way, with the exception of the legendary for this upcoming content tier
    Great way to contribute to the community.

1) "You're Lame" - Fantastic work, please do refrain from just spouting nonsense though, it does get annoying.

2) Chelley's Staff - 4.2 in 1 day, do you really want to waste 8K gold on an item which in less then 72 hours could be replaced?

3) "Weapon for fun" - The weapon is there to help those newly geared, obtain a level of loot capable to deal with the current tier.

4) "Staves are bad" - A lot of Staves have more Crit then a MH / OH combination, and thusly better for some specs and classes.

They explained in a blue post that if they had added int it would have trumped the 353 weaps from ZA/ZG which they didnt want to do so they didnt put int on it, its meant as a cosmetic weapon for the most part.

No1 cares its a 353 gimic shit.

By the way, if i have old one from BC can new one drop to me? Farm Ahun last year but never saw it (

I'm using it on my arms warrior in random battlegrounds... why? because that's one of the many ways I get my jollies.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthslider View Post
    By the way, if i have old one from BC can new one drop to me? Farm Ahun last year but never saw it (
    Yes it can. Ive got lvl70 and lvl80 ones aswell.

Deleted
    Well it gives you SP. Intel gives you SP / Mana / Crit, so the only thing yer losing is crit, because you already get like 1,9k SP and mana isn't a problem because of Life Tap.

Mine actually dropped yesterday, now I can wear Don Carlos' hat, some pile of black rags, the staff, and insult the bloodelf male players afking in ogrimmar.

its good enough for a someone who just dinged 85, bad stats or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    They explained in a blue post that if they had added int it would have trumped the 353 weaps from ZA/ZG which they didnt want to do so they didnt put int on it, its meant as a cosmetic weapon for the most part.
    Yeah, and blue posts also indicate they fixed enhancement dps in the next patch and frost mages are competitive with fire and arcane. If it was meant to be purely cosmetic, it wouldn't have stats; there are plenty such items in-game.

The problem isn't that it isn't BiS or anything crazy like that, it's that you have an epic quality ilvl 353 staff which is inferior to superior quality ilvl 346 staves because of its horrible itemization. It's only useful if you just hit level 85 and would otherwise be using a superior ilvl 333 weapon. If that's what they wanted, why not just make it a blue ilvl 346 and call it a day?

I don't care about having epics vs. superiors, but I do hate when their system is broken or not followed. If an item of the same itemization is of both higher level and higher quality, it should be better. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    its good enough for a someone who just dinged 85, bad stats or not.
    You can actually even get it at 84 and use it at 85 oddly enough, still not as good as the staff from throne of the tides reg with int missing so technically it isn't good enough. Really it's nice to be bad if you need to raise ur ilvl to get into troll heroics.

Its definitely not as good as lvl372 one. Why do even think it should be?
    But its not bad to boost your itemlevel to get to za/zg pugs for just dinged alts.
    Stats? No one cares, really. It will be replaced from first 1-2 runs to "old" raids - bwd, bot.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Its definitely not as good as lvl372 one. Why do even think it should be?
    But its not bad to boost your itemlevel to get to za/zg pugs for just dinged alts.
    Stats? No one cares, really. It will be replaced from first 1-2 runs to "old" raids - bwd, bot.
    That a 353 epic doesn't compare to a 372 goes without saying, but this particular epic is worse than most blues below its itemlevel. But considering the fact that you can queue for Ahune at lvl 84, and that it takes just a few minutes of trash grind and nuking to get a chance on it, I'm completely fine with the fact that this one remains uncompetitive.

the staff has "looks"
    mine has power torrent on it also.

it's a game.. have fun i say.

my staff is a good one
    Last edited by macnuke; 2011-06-27 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spellz √
    You can't have Manslaughter without the Laughter