ElvUI frame rate drop on one character

Hey there. So earlier today I was messing around on my feral druid. Was about to queue up for a heroic, so I invited a friend. The moment I sent out the invite, my frame rate dropped to 2 and wouldn't go back up after restarting WoW and such. (I'm not sure if the invitation had anything to do with it. Might just be coincidence)

I narrowed the culprit addon down to ElvUI, but I'm not sure what's wrong. My frame rate is fine on all of my other characters except the feral druid, which is consistently 2 fps in Org, Mulgore, remote places no one ever goes to, everywhere. I've cleared my cache, cleared his WTF files, reinstalled the addon (albeit just a reinstall with the backup procedure used when updating. I may delete it entirely and start anew on my edits. sigh). After staying logged in on that druid for about 3 minutes the game crashes. Also, oddly enough, my frame rate will jump up to 20 whenever I'm in combat and then die again once I leave combat.

Oh, and my feral druid's using the exact same ElvUI "Profile" as all my other characters. However, the two data texts under the minimap aren't showing up. Everything else about the UI is the same, though.
    EDIT: Party frames have also vanished. Hmm...

Any ideas on what to do? I'm thinking starting again from scratch may be the way to go...I just wanted to check if there were any other things I could troubleshoot beforehand.
    Last edited by Raynfal; 2011-06-21 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    did you try it without any addons?

would recommend to download the latest version and do a complete reinstall for elvui. if the problem persist your best chance for getting a good answer would be at tukui.org at elvui his section.

Well, a complete reinstallation didn't help. I can tell it has something to do with the unit/raid frames, though. Disabling one or both brings my frame rate back up. Now I just need to figure out why...

I'll go look around the ElvUI forums and see if they have any suggestions. Hmm.

Is it possible that it is not actually ElvUI, but some other addon which confuses ElvUI (by a COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED issue due to a not 4.1 adapted addon). As it only happens on one character for you maybe a class-specific addon? Or one only activated on this character? Did you try starting with ONLY ElvUI activated, if it still happens?

A friend of mine had a similar sounding issue (though no ElvUI on his system), and once it happened it only disappeared after rebooting his PC. It in the end turned out to be a non-4.1-adapted addon, after he updated this the problem was gone.

You might also try to install a performance/memory-usage addon (for example TitanBar) and check there if there is one addon which raises the memory usage more and more over time (this would be a prime candidate for the troublemaker).