Issue with Tidy Plates

Hello all, i recently noticed an issue with Tidy plates recently while leveling an alliance druid. Sometimes some mobs won't have nameplates show up for whatever reason, sometimes if i turn them off and back on again the mob's nameplate will show up, and other times it doesn't. has anyone else noticed anything like this? it only seems to happen on this toon, and maybe it's just in these vanilla dungeons, but it's kind of annoying especially when i'm tanking. any ideas? thanks

Signature by Kenz

try using the show name plates only in combat option it work for me

ill try that and see if it works :P

Signature by Kenz

I'm getting this problem too as of recent.

Pretty sure because the creator, or one of them atleast, quit the game. Either that or his alts are in a different guild.

anyone know of a decent alternative?

Signature by Kenz

It's a server side problem, the update of all the information tidyplates requires are huge and badly handled by the wow core slowing down the creation of the nameplates. You should try by enabling the caching, it should speed up the whole addon.
    To be honest there'arent decent alteratives out there at the moment, two addons that come to my mind are:
    DocsNameplates (still working but it hasn't been updated since january).
    or
    NamePlateAdvance (sometime has got some little bug that requires you to press v to refresh the bars just like the tidyplates error).
    My suggestion is, just stick toTidyPlates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

Quote Originally Posted by Krazen View Post
    It's a server side problem, the update of all the information tidyplates requires are huge and badly handled by the wow core slowing down the creation of the nameplates. You should try by enabling the caching, it should speed up the whole addon.
    To be honest there'arent decent alteratives out there at the moment, two addons that come to my mind are:
    DocsNameplates (still working but it hasn't been updated since january).
    or
    NamePlateAdvance (sometime has got some little bug that requires you to press v to refresh the bars just like the tidyplates error).
    My suggestion is, just stick toTidyPlates.
    how would i go about doing this? sorry, im a noob when it comes to stuff like this lol

Signature by Kenz

after trying out some things after the issue persisted after trying most of what was said in this thread, and also turning off tidyplates during beth'tilac, it seems that this is just a nameplate issue and even effects the in game nameplates, idk what to do at this point and was wondering if anyone had any ideas

Signature by Kenz