10+ Year Old Account

Post Class Reputation Idea (Warlocks)

-the Fel Coven-
    [Warlock Reputation]

Ok so this is my idea for a Warlock reputation system. I'm obviously not looking for Blizzard to implement this (even though I'd love for it to happen ofc aha), I'm just mostly venting some creativity. This is one of the first of many for each class, but I want to see if people like the style of this before I spend time doing the others. This idea is obviously in need of being refined, so constructive criticism is always welcome, but remember criticism=/=insults, and obviously I can’t have pictures for things that aren’t even in the game, so use your imagination on some things P:

Story of the Coven:

The Felblood Tower stands ominously over the Tainted Forest in the Blasted Lands, directly across the Dark Portal and is home to the most powerful and insane Warlocks from both Azeroth and Outland...the Fel Coven.

The Fel Coven are a group of warlocks scattered across the world. Whether they belong to the Horde or the Alliance, they are all united by their lust for demonic magic and are guided by the forces of Felblood Tower to continue to enhance and augment their abilities; whether it be a need for more powerful destruction magic, a lust for darker afflictions, or a desperation to better connect oneself to the beasts and monsters of the twisting nether...they all meet here to learn from and teach one another. As a new member of the Coven, you must master the dark magics of soul-corrupting Demonology, deathly Afffliction, and chaotic Destruction.

-Felblood Tower-

Felblood Tower is a haven for all warlocks; it stands over the Tainted Forest section of the Blasted Lands, and is a perfect place to practice the art of enslaving Demons. Warlocks flock to the tower in search of greater power. Not only is the tower a focus point for massive amounts of Fel Energy, but is also a prison for the Nether's darkest and most dangerous abominations, prizes for the Coven's master Warlocks to study and try and bind to their will. Demonic guardians patrol the entirety of this great tower, all bound to it by the Warlocks residing their...waiting for the moment to break away and attack their captors.

Notes about the Tower's architecture: The tower itself would be Undercity/Karazhan inspired, while the area around it would be much like the warlock themed areas in the Blasted Lands. E.g. The Skeletons sitting in a circle on top of the cliff by the Portal, the Altar at the uppermost part of the Tainted Forest, etc. My vision for the Tower would be for it to be 3-4 stories high and have a very large platform at the top where people with flying mounts can fly to. It would be roughly the same size as the Ebon Hold for Death Knights, but in the form of a very tall tower. Also, for the demonic Warlock theme, lots of Enslaved Fel Guards/Wrathguards would be patrolling the area constantly. (Think of the ones by Hellfire Peninsula) See below for the central layout for the tower.

Felblood Tower Layers-

Top of the Tower= Where all the Class venders are. The Flight Path is here as well. The master Warlocks are located here, seen practicing their dark magic.

Middle Floor= Demonic Prison Themed; Where all the most terrifying demons are kept. Guards patrol the area (For the layout, think the Violet Hold in Dalaran; lots of jail cells and scary things behind them with a large central area at the bottom. Occasional shouts in demonic can be heard from the prisoners
    . In the center of the prison would be a large platform area where all the food venders and Warlock trainers are located. One trainer in each corner, one for Destruction, one for Demonology, and one for Affliction (Sort of like the Death Knight area).

Bottom Floor= Outdoor zone, this is where all the architecture from the Warlock based areas in the Blasted Lands is. This is where Warlocks can duel/talk.
    Warlock Trainers/Mailboxes are also located here. This is the spot where Portal of the Twisting Nether takes you.

^Felblood Tower Layers^

You would start out by talking to your Warlock trainer at around level 10, and he would give you an ability that would go inside your spellbook called "Portal of the Twisting Nether". This would let you open a portal to Felblood Tower, the location of the Fel Coven without having to be a high level, and where you could start a series of quest chains that would allow you to continue to progress further and further the higher level you got. They would be very spread out over a series of levels, so for example:

Quest Chain #1- Levels 15-30 (Starts you out at Neutral, then you end at Friendly)
    Quest Chain #2- Levels 35-50 (Gets you to Honored)
    Quest Chain #3- Levels 50-75 (Gets you to Revered)
    Quest Chain #4- Levels 75-85+ (Gets you to Exalted)
    *note the final quest chain continues past level 85

Also, the quests would take you all over the world, they wouldn't be based completely in the Blasted Lands, but I'd imagine some (when you are the appropriate level for the zone) would take place their, since there are so many Warlock based themes in that zone.

Regarding the pets; If my idea was implemented, the way the pets are given would be reverted back to the form of quest chains, that would also give rep, and for the pets that were handed out with very little or no quest chain, you would get reputation upon receiving the pet.

The way the reputation system works for the "vendors" would let you gain access to one major thing (shown by the bolded "Access to"), a quest reward for completing the quest chain specific for how far along you are in your reputation, and then several minor rewards that you can buy in the form of cosmetics, toys, and vanity pets the further you are in progressing the more things you can buy (Friendly/Honored/Revered/Exalted).

The reputation rewards are below, I tried to put a good mix of funny things and badass things.

Friendly

- Access to: Vials of Fel Blood

(x5 for 50 silver) Makes the Warlock leave a trail of green fire when he moves, and causes his demon to grow slightly. Lasts 5 minutes (think Noggenfogger Elixer).

- Mask of the Coven
    (x1 set, given to you after quest) Gives the Warlock the appropriate attire of a member of the Fel Coven. Essentially works like any costume, able to be used outside of combat, but won’t disappear when you enter combat. It’s a nice way for Warlocks to identify each other in PvP and around the world...and potentially not kill each other for being in the same organization (:

-Fel Sprite
    (x1 for 25g) Companion, looks like a small red Imp from Hellfire. Will sadistically throw fire at random critters! O:

-the Tome of Gul'dan
    (x1 for 50g) When activated, it creates a buff (can be removed of course) on the Warlock, or a party member. The buff forces the target to speak in Demonic, and causes a Mischievous Imp to follow the target and shout annoying and poorly thought out jokes (think of what the normal imp says only a 1000x worse/cheesy funny :P )

-Portal of the Legion
    (x1 for 45g) Allows the Warlock to tear a portal open and display some of the most horrifying monsters of the Nether. 30 second cast time, 2 hour CD. (Think of all those summoning circles from Grand Warlock Wilfred Fizzlebang in the Argent Tournament grounds as an animation for it. When it finally opens, the portal will explode in fel fire, and mass amounts of Infernals will fall from the sky and march around. Lasts 30 seconds, 4 hour cooldown, is a channeled ability.

Honored

- Access to: Pet Metamorphosis
    (x1 change for 50g) Allows you access to new models of your demonic pets, and your mounts

-Ring of the Corrupt Eredar
    (x1, 80g, ring slot item) It's ability allows the user to transform into a corrupt Eredar (think of Lord Jaraxxus, or that mini boss in Hellfire). Lasts 25 seconds, 1 hour CD.

-Tome of Improved Demon Armor/Fel Armor

(x1 for 75g) When held inside the Warlock's inventory, the warlock gains some unique physical features so long as Fel Armor or Demon Armor is activated (Think of very light metamorphosis features combined with some features of the Malefic tier set, will fade and appear).

- Tome of IMPENDING DOOM!!!
    (1x for 15g) When cast on a friendly/unfriendly humanoid target, it causes them to /cry and /kneel. 45 second CD...awh :'(

- Afflicted Souls

(x1, given after quest, vanity pet) Causes three skulls with different runes etched into them to circle around the warlock, occasionally will laugh and chatter manically ...and cause those around the Warlock to laugh manically with them every minute or so.

- Soul Shard
    (x1, 50g) When used, you unleash a trapped soul from the Soul Shard. You are free to control the Spirit and haunt others around you. What this does is (think of the zeppelin or toy car, the ones with the bombs that people use to battle each other) allows you to control a Spirit that can scare people. When you use it's ability "Ghostly Touch" it causes the player affected to /scream and jump up in the air (think a very toned down living bomb from Baron Geddon, not enough to hurt anyone). It is invisible until it uses it's ability, then it turns visible until the CD wears off (1 minute). Purely for laughs around Orgrimmar and Stormwind :P

Revered

- Access to: Glyphs of the Twisting Nether & Glyph of Chaotic Fire
    (x1 for 50g...minor glyph)
    Glyph of the Twisting Nether
    - Changes your Summoning Circle (for when you summon your mount/pets) to turn Crimson.
    Glyph of Chaotic Fire-
    Changes all flame-based Warlock spells green, (Incinerate, Immolate, etc)

- Tome of Kil’Jaeden

(x1, given after quest) Allows the Warlock to hear the forces of the Burning Legion through the Nether. 1 Minute CD.
    (Note: Essentially works like the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, and for audio think of the Void Walkers voice)

- Fel Cloak
    (x1 for 50g) Essentially works like the engineering parachute. When you equip this to your main back slot, you can activate it and slow your fall. (45 second CD) Makes you grow demonic wings when in effect. (Note: The wings look like the wings from the Malefic gear, but only appear when this is activated)

- Horn of the Hell Hound

(x1 for 80g, Vanity pet) Allows you to summon a medium sized Hell Hound, (looks like a re-skinned Fel Puppy) that will randomly unleash a vicious howl causing all critters to run in fear)

- Fragment of the Pit Lord

(x1 for 75g, dagger) This unique dagger has the ability to summon a massive Pit Lord that will obey your command for 30 seconds. 1 hour CD. (Doesn’t actually attack anything, it will follow you and go where you tell it to)

Exalted

- Access to: Fel Flight

(x1 for 900g, Flying Mount, essentially works like the Worgen’s “Running Wild mount”. Looks like a nicely re-skinned and larger model of Metamorphosis, the animation would be different also because it would be a bit awful for you to look like your swimming as you fly >_>)

-Skull of the Dread Lord
    (x1 100g) A staff with a Dread Lord’s skull attached to it. Allows you to turn into a Dread Lord for 30 seconds. 30 minute CD.

- Title
    (x1 given after quest) Title, e.g. “name” of the Fel Coven

- Crown of the Coven
    (x1 for 100g) Head Slot Item, has an ability. When activated, any current minions in use will grow double in size for 30 seconds and summon a swarm of imps to surround the Warlock and to light the ground ablaze with fel fire. [10 minute CD]

- Splinter of the Legion
    (x1 for 100g) Sword, has an ability. When activated, bolts of red lightning fly off the blade, summoning all your demonic minions at once.
    Lasts 30 seconds, 1 hour CD. Useable outside of combat only. (Note;
    the only demon you'll be able to control is the original demon you had out, the others will just follow you and look cool. It's cosmetic only).

The point of the rewards would be for vanity pets, cosmetic things, and finally a flying mount. Nothing would effect the class to the point of it changing in a PvE/PvP enviorment.

Note about all Vanity pets: The pets that effect critters would spawn critters and affect them instead of other critters. So for example, the Hell Hound pet would eventually spawn 3-4 squirrels, then howl and fear them if you stood still long enough (Thanks to Noorac for bringing this to my attention).

My hope with this would be for the class quests to be put back in, and many, many new ones also be put in. Each quest chain would give you a certain amount of reputation until you eventually became max level and exalted. I think this would make leveling each class a hell of a lot more fun (:
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2012-06-23 at 09:59 PM.

At first read I actually really like the idea, it would help you feel more "attuned" to your class and seemingly more enjoyable with all the perks that you have written.

I, for one loved class quests, even the class quests that took you into the dreaded sunken temple for them at level 50 *shudder*.

Maybe felwood would be a better location for Fel Coven than Western Plaguelands? I'm not a fan of the name Fel Coven, but having said that I can't think of anything better than it (If i think of something I will edit) however I defiantly like the idea !

I'd be defiantly interested to see what you come up with for other classes too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    While most of these things the Blizz would ignore due to "too much work" the idea isn't that bad, considering each class gets their own "space" like death knights have. Tho western plaguelands sounds like a deseased area rather than corrupted so a better place might be felwood or blasted lands. Tho coming up with a mage "space" would be hard cause Kirin Thor in Dalaran already floats above Northrend, hehe. Good luck.
    Last edited by sarco; 2011-06-21 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to thank you for a read that isnt full of overpowered nonsense with some amusing ideas. I like your vanity pet which fears critters
    But everything seems to demon wings/look like a demon. How about a friendly ability that when using Fel or Demon Armor you gain demon wings and then an honored ability/revered abilities that require to be used.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it! sounds very interesting, but i doubt that Blizz ever will implement something like this. they do not want have that individuality between the classes anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer View Post
    At first read I actually really like the idea, it would help you feel more "attuned" to your class and seemingly more enjoyable with all the perks that you have written.

I, for one loved class quests, even the class quests that took you into the dreaded sunken temple for them at level 50 *shudder*.

Maybe felwood would be a better location for Fel Coven than Western Plaguelands? I'm not a fan of the name Fel Coven, but having said that I can't think of anything better than it (If i think of something I will edit) however I defiantly like the idea !

I'd be defiantly interested to see what you come up with for other classes too.
    ahh good point, I think I'll look at some warlock lore to decide where to put the location

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    I'd like to thank you for a read that isnt full of overpowered nonsense with some amusing ideas. I like your vanity pet which fears critters
    But everything seems to demon wings/look like a demon. How about a friendly ability that when using Fel or Demon Armor you gain demon wings and then an honored ability/revered abilities that require to be used.
    I like it haha, I never thought of adding cosmetics to existing abilities, I'll for sure keep it in mind!

I am crying blood cuz now I want something so cool, but know i can never have T.T
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

This is an interesting idea, but the main problem is that the degree to which different classes are tied to homogenous organizations varies wildly in lore, to the point that for certain classes, attaching a reputation faction would make little to no sense.

Off the top of my head, the only classes that this really makes sense for are probably Paladins, Deathknights, Mages, and Druids. Even in those instances, three of the four classes I just mentioned have the appropriate faction already in-game accessible to every class (Ebon Blade for Deathknights, Kirin Tor for Mages, Cenarion Circle for Druids. Paladin factions would vary, as lore would indicate that on the Horde side Sunwalkers and Blood Knights are separate organizations, and on the Alliance side, the Knights of the Silver Hand are ostensibly defunct, and considering the Argent Crusade the current Paladin organization puts them in the same boat as the other classes).
    Last edited by underdogba; 2011-06-21 at 06:54 AM.

Definitely a neat ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This is an interesting idea, but the main problem is that the degree to which different classes are tied to homogenous organizations varies wildly in lore, to the point that for certain classes, attaching a reputation faction would make little to no sense.

Off the top of my head, the only classes that this really makes sense for are probably Paladins, Deathknights, Mages, and Druids. Even in those instances, three of the four classes I just mentioned have the appropriate faction already in-game accessible to every class (Ebon Blade for Deathknights, Kirin Tor for Mages, Cenarion Circle for Druids. Paladin factions would vary, as lore would indicate that on the Horde side Sunwalkers and Blood Knights are separate organizations, and on the Alliance side, the Knights of the Silver Hand are ostensibly defunct, and considering the Argent Crusade the current Paladin organization puts them in the same boat as the other classes).
    I agree, the way around this would be to have some sort of special divisions within the current factions, so for example the Kirin Tor could have a group called "The Violet Council" which would be based off the Violet Eye and the Kirin Tor.

neat concept, but, warlocks are hardly unified. Faction and racial differences aside just looking at the talent trees are 3 very very different schools of thought. Destruction warlocks are essentially fire mages whom have augmented their abilities through demonic empowerment. Affliction warlocks are masters of shadow damage while demonology warlocks are summoners relying on their demons as well as demonic infused blood as a source of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QQmoore View Post
    neat concept, but, warlocks are hardly unified. Faction and racial differences aside just looking at the talent trees are 3 very very different schools of thought. Destruction warlocks are essentially fire mages whom have augmented their abilities through demonic empowerment. Affliction warlocks are masters of shadow damage while demonology warlocks are summoners relying on their demons as well as demonic infused blood as a source of power.
    thanks for the feedback, I'll keep tweaking the story so it fits the lore better.

I really like it, but when Blizzard got rid of all the demon and totem quests any hope I had for class specific content was shattered (along with my heart ) Blizzard simply wont do it because they cba developing content that only 10% of the playerbase will see wich is very sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    I really like it, but when Blizzard got rid of all the demon and totem quests any hope I had for class specific content was shattered (along with my heart ) Blizzard simply wont do it because they cba developing content that only 10% of the playerbase will see wich is very sad.
    Mhm, I was so sad when they took them all out. My favorite Pet Quest was the Fel Puppy and Succumbus one.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be awesome BUT other classes would whine about how we get our own thing but its a good idea, but too many vanity items.... i don't have bag room as it is.
    could work when they have wardrobes or something similar. It would take a long time to get into effect because they would have to design the same for every other class in the game which i don't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by msully View Post
    The writing around him tells us he's a great warchief, but his actions don't match it.

For example, on the blimp ride to Twilight Highlands, he sends his air defenses after the Alliance, leaving the blimps open to attach by Twilight Dragons.

Unfortunately, he survived.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Homies View Post
    I am crying blood cuz now I want something so cool, but know i can never have T.T
    This and so much this.. :'/(

Deleted
    ...If this hasn't been put on an official forum as a suggestion yet, I honestly think it could be. Nothing OP, some very fun ideas, and some cool toys. Where's the harm in letting the boys in blue hear your creativity? You certainly get my vote!

I love the idea. I remember doing my pet-quests, and the quests for doomguard, infernal and dreadsteed. I just don't remember the lore of it, wich really bugs me. I guess I wasn't that into it at the time. The thing is, right now, classes don't feel special anymore, and doing those quest made it feel special. I don't really see a problem with having a "warlock-sanctuary", as long as the quests are all over the world and not just in blasted land(ofc, since lvl 10's wouldn't be able to quest there(unless it gets phased when you complete certain quests)).

I also don't see having a place for warlocks(or any other classes for that matter) would be a problem, since druids have(to some extent) moonglade, and DK's have whatever that diseased place is called.

On to the idea. I really like the idea itself, but I don't enjoy the idea of having vanity-pets that get me in combat from burning critters and/or fearing them. Id rather preffer if you stand still with your vanitypets for a "long" period of time, it does something special, like most vanitypets, and for the hell-hound, he could for example spawn small non-attackable critters around him that he fears. Like 3 very small beatles or something. And they despawn after some time(this might have been your original idea though, I just read it as if you stand close to an attackable critter, the hell-hound will fear them).

Also, If we were to get fel-eyes, Id like to get rid of eye of kilrogg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiysper View Post
    ...If this hasn't been put on an official forum as a suggestion yet, I honestly think it could be. Nothing OP, some very fun ideas, and some cool toys. Where's the harm in letting the boys in blue hear your creativity? You certainly get my vote!
    I totally would, but as it happens I don't play WoW anymore so I don't think I can post on their :/ I'll probably get a friend to post it for me once I get it refined enough...it can't hurt right? (:

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noorac View Post
    I love the idea. I remember doing my pet-quests, and the quests for doomguard, infernal and dreadsteed. I just don't remember the lore of it, wich really bugs me. I guess I wasn't that into it at the time. The thing is, right now, classes don't feel special anymore, and doing those quest made it feel special. I don't really see a problem with having a "warlock-sanctuary", as long as the quests are all over the world and not just in blasted land(ofc, since lvl 10's wouldn't be able to quest there(unless it gets phased when you complete certain quests)).

I also don't see having a place for warlocks(or any other classes for that matter) would be a problem, since druids have(to some extent) moonglade, and DK's have whatever that diseased place is called.

On to the idea. I really like the idea itself, but I don't enjoy the idea of having vanity-pets that get me in combat from burning critters and/or fearing them. Id rather preffer if you stand still with your vanitypets for a "long" period of time, it does something special, like most vanitypets, and for the hell-hound, he could for example spawn small non-attackable critters around him that he fears. Like 3 very small beatles or something. And they despawn after some time(this might have been your original idea though, I just read it as if you stand close to an attackable critter, the hell-hound will fear them).

Also, If we were to get fel-eyes, Id like to get rid of eye of kilrogg.
    Regarding your opinion on having a warlock sanctuary, my original idea was to have this for each class, but since my main was a warlock, I decided to do a warlock based reputation idea. About the Warlock Sanctuary, yes quests would be all over the world! Thats what I loved about all the pet quests, they took you all over (:

And that's a good idea for the critters, I didn't realize it could pull you into combat, I'll edit it right away.

Regarding Fel Sight, I took it out and replaced it with a much cooler idea, and one that made more sense (it doesn't really make sense to have two Eye of Kilrogg type spells haha)

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 05:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SoulJnr View Post
    This would be awesome BUT other classes would whine about how we get our own thing but its a good idea, but too many vanity items.... i don't have bag room as it is.
    could work when they have wardrobes or something similar. It would take a long time to get into effect because they would have to design the same for every other class in the game which i don't mind.
    Well you wouldn't need to carry each vanity item 24/7 P: BUT you brine a good point with others being sad they don't get something like this. It'd be my hope that each class got their own system like this...but their isn't a chance in hell Blizzard would ever do that so all we can do is come up with fun ideas haha

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 05:10 AM ----------

Alright, so I edited it and added a lot new stuff. I changed around the story and clarified a bunch of things haha, thank you all for continuing to leave good feedback!