How does the 500 series work ?

Hey guys, I am kind of confused on how the Nvidia GeForce sereis workds. The GTX 560 is better at core clck speeds and shatter speeds to the GTX 570. The only diffrence was the Stream processors. Somebody tell me how this series works? Just trying to make some final judgements on GPU selection and staying with Nvidia for now. Also, I read that the 600 series will be coming soon. Any news on this ?

Deleted
    As far as I know, 5x0, where a higher x means better fps in games, simply put. Looking at numbers is one thing, but actual performance another.

Also, for some of the models, there are 5x0 and 5x0 Ti models. Be sure not to compare a GTX 560 Ti with a GTX 570. I'm not sure which one is better of those, but the Ti-less one is a somewhat slimmed down Ti. Or the Ti model is a tuned up non-Ti, depending how you look at it.

To see how a 570 non-Ti and a 560 Ti (if that's the case) compares, you'd need to read up on some reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    o.o
    Clocks and whatnot mean virtually nothing when comparing two seperate graphics cards that aren't in the same specific designation. (Such as, comparing a 460 to a 560 by clock is dumb as shit.)

Ignore the poster above me, the only TI model in the 500 series is the 560 TI, and that's because they intended to release the 560 <NO TI>, which is slightly less powerful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    o.o
    Clocks and whatnot mean virtually nothing when comparing two seperate graphics cards that aren't in the same specific designation. (Such as, comparing a 460 to a 560 by clock is dumb as shit.)
    I think we're still only talking about the 5xx series though?

Ignore the poster above me, the only TI model in the 500 series is the 560 TI, and that's because they intended to release the 560 <NO TI>, which is slightly less powerful.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...i-1gb-review/1 <-- 550 Ti
    http://techware-bliss.blogspot.com/2...mid-march.html <-- 590 Ti (not out yet though)
    Last edited by mmoc838f3f0326; 2011-06-21 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Added last link

Oh, ok, so the GTX 570 would be better ? Wasn't the 560 exposed to be the 460 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pwagen View Post
    I think we're still only talking about the 5xx series though?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...i-1gb-review/1 <-- 550 Ti
    -.-
    Alright, allow me to rephrase. The 570, 580, and 590 don't have a TI designation.

Even within the 5xx series, comparing a 560 to a 570 by clocks is dumb. My 450 has a higher clock than most graphics cards out there right now. It closes the gap between the 460, but even at 900mhz, I'm nowhere close to a 460 with 800 mhz. (Or whatever it's stock is.)

Bottom line, 570 is better. /thread

Deleted
    -.-
    Alright, allow me to rephrase. The 570, 580, and 590 don't have a TI designation.
    As linked above, the 590 is getting one, which means 3 out of 5 will have. I don't see how that makes my statement of "some models" wrong, and justify ignoring my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    As linked above, the 590 is getting one, which means 3 out of 5 will have. I don't see how that makes my statement of "some models" wrong, and justify ignoring my post.
    Your post was entirely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

He's asking the difference of clock speeds, not the difference of designations. Your post was incredibly misleading.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far only two sites seem to even claim the 590 Ti will exist. Yet, it's past the date they were suppose to release according to those 2 and they aren't even listed in the drivers yet.

According to this site:
    http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...east-2011.aspx

They're actually referring to the GTX 590 but misnamed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightSideOfNews
    A year ago, nVidia launched GeForce GTX 480 during PAX East 2010 LAN party, ditching the company policy of launching new GeForce products on so called "GeForce LAN" events. 2011 is no different...

According to Turkish tech site Donanim Haber, nVidia will launch it's first Dual-GPU card based on Fermi architecutre on PAX East 2011 event in Boston, MA. For those not in the know, PAX East is taking place between March 11-13.
    The card is based on two GF110 chips which are currently powering GeForce GTX 580 graphics cards. Thus, you can expect to see 512 cores, dual 384-bit memory controller, 3GB of GDDR5 memory and more importantly, three DVI outputs for single card 3D Vision Surround Gaming.

In order to create the GeForce GTX 590 Ti, nVidia went with full shader configuration and decreased the clock of the components until it fit the power budget - you have two 8-pin ports for 300W and additional 75W drawn from the motherboard for a grand total of 375W. Given that a single GTX 580 graphics card has a power limitator which controls the card not to exceed 200W power draw, we'd expect that clock restrictions are fairly low and that this card should not be much slower than two discrete GTX 580 boards in SLI mode.

There is also a question of when dual-GF114 (GTX 560 Ti) card is going to make an appearance (at least in semi-supported custom versions from EVGA, Asus and Palit/Galaxy/Gainward), and we would not be surprised to see the launch of more dual-Fermi cards over the course of 2011.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2011-06-21 at 09:37 AM.

-.-

Even within the 5xx series, comparing a 560 to a 570 by clocks is dumb. My 450 has a higher clock than most graphics cards out there right now. It closes the gap between the 460, but even at 900mhz, I'm nowhere close to a 460 with 800 mhz. (Or whatever it's stock is.)

Bottom line, 570 is better. /thread
    Oh, ok. I dint know that there were big boundaries with comparing the 560 to 570. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: I heard the 600 series was coming out soon. Is this true ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1996P View Post
    Oh, ok. I dint know that there were big boundaries with comparing the 560 to 570. Thanks for the info.

Nope. (This post is too short.)

Aww, that sucks. WoW runs just as good now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, that sucks. WoW runs just as good now.
    Why were you considering buying a new GPU? :O

When having to judge on certain graphic cards or certain CPUs I always use this website, as it got a pretty good list and compares them pretty well

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

You can see, from looking at the list that the 570 card is stronger than the 560, however the price is nearly double as well, and then it really comes down to. What do you need to run, right now? What games are you planning on playing in the future, what kind of graphics do you expect to have now, and in the future? and the most important question, are you willing to pay the price
    Ansgar the Insane

Deleted
    Doesn't the 570 have a faster bus speed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Easier to display it in a chart:

Notice the bus width increasing it makes a rather large difference in performance. From what I know, the GTX500 series is essentially GTX400 series chips that have been drastically better fine-tuned to run cooler and at slightly higher frequencies. The GTX400 Fermi series (470 and 480) were overheating power-hogging monsters where nVidia threw everything out the window for pure performance, the GTX500 series fixes all that.

edit: I fuckin hate mmo-champ's fancy new editor, it's a piece of shit. Brb.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-06-21 at 11:45 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Why were you considering buying a new GPU? :O
    No, well, apart of my pc build yes. I just decided to stick with Nvidia, Fuzzykins

Ans, I would pay the price

And Xuvial, thanks for the char. Really appreciate your answer.

Depends what you mean by soon, more info in 4 months, definitely. Out in 6? Possibly. Thats my interpretation as I was hoping on 6xx too.

560 full overclocked will just catch a stoch 570, but generally u need custom cooler and you need to pay near to a 570 to get it. Such as 560 tf3, or gigabyte soc. And it wont last as long and will be less stable.

Essentially what fuzzykins said. They cost more for a reason.

560 is probs best price/perf ratio though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?