Poll: Should factions in SW:TOR be able to communicate with each other?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cross faction comm in SW:TOR

Currently in the beta, empire and republic can talk to each other without restriction. Bioware has considered changing this for live, making the factions unable to communicate.

Thoughts?

--Poll incoming--

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they have cross faction communication. Just so I can talk crap! haha just kidding. It would be cool, I can remember in wow sometimes I would run into an alliance and just did not feel like killing them and it would have been cool to have a conversation or so. But there will definately be some complaints from weak minded people. I could careless if I get pwned and then they talk crap, its the same at teabaggin or emotes spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Currently in the beta, empire and republic can talk to each other without restriction. Bioware has considered changing this for live, making the factions unable to communicate.

Thoughts?

--Poll incoming--
    In the star wars series communication between either side is vital. Imagine what would have happened if Vader couldn't communicate with Luke.
    "More pewpew less QQ"

This post was merely a setback!

10+ Year Old Account
    Republic: Hey man
    empire: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    *Republic is murdered horribly*
    Empire: Pussy

Or

Empire: Wasup?
    Republic: Go away scrub!
    Empire: A hell no.
    Republic: *sigh*
    *Empire wipes the floor with Republic*
    Empire: Nub cake.

I would love X faction talking but i'd assume it would just be the above

Quote Originally Posted by Nachopie View Post
    In the star wars series communication between either side is vital. Imagine what would have happened if Vader couldn't communicate with Luke.
    He never would have discovered Leia was his sister and they would have a dozen kids with hooves?

Seriously though, since I'll be on a pvp server, I'll be spreading the word to the opposite faction...
    "Some guy piss you off? Stole your resource node? Ninja'd your lewts? Want to prank a guildie? I will indiscriminately kill anyone on your faction for 10 credits."

Not everything from the movie has to be added into the game. I don't want it to go live anyway, itd feel like Xbox Live: Text Version.
    This is embarassing... please ignore my horrible username.

Deleted
    Vader: Khunba dutasi na
    Luke: What?
    Vader: dutsani mifasuta.

Transelated: Duke I'm your father.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Republic: Hey man
    empire: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    *Republic is murdered horribly*
    Empire: Pussy

Or

Empire: Wasup?
    Republic: Go away scrub!
    Empire: A hell no.
    Republic: *sigh*
    *Empire wipes the floor with Republic*
    Empire: Nub cake.

I would love X faction talking but i'd assume it would just be the above
    More like this:
    Empire: Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father?
    Republic: He told me enough, he told me you killed him!
    Empire: No, I am your father!
    Republic: *scream like a pussy*
    "More pewpew less QQ"

Yea, it should be in, but restricted to /say only because there would be massive trolling/flaming going on from both sides or an option to take off the cross-faction communication completely if you're annoyed. And this is all subject to change as the developers haven't made up their mind plus its still in beta. I think i remember one of them saying if it's a griefing issue, they'll probably take it out.

Would be funny to see the republic players beg for their lives though "Wait, wait have some mercy, please!"

I live to cleanse the galaxy of all Republic scum for my great Emperor

Honestly, as long as I can speak huttese its all good in the neighborhood.
    "More pewpew less QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessInfinite View Post
    Yea, it should be in, but restricted to /say only
    That's the general consensus that people seem to be reaching.

I'd like to see completely unrestrained speech, local chat/whispers/etc, but as long as you can at least /s chat someone, that's better than nothing.

Totally disabled speech would ruin the immersion for me.

Deleted
    Yeah it would be cool to have it in the game,as a few have already said I would restrict it to /say though.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    I'd like to see completely unrestrained speech, local chat/whispers/etc, but as long as you can at least /s chat someone, that's better than nothing.
    If that happens, the ignore list is gonna have to include alot of people. I barely used it in WoW cause i never bothered to get into a fight with some stupid child and just ignored the idiots in general, but if this were the case i'm probably gonna fill it up with a bunch of douchebags. That is assuming that there'll be idiots in SWTOR, which it probably will. I just hope it attracts a more mature crowd, maybe all the dialogue and story might scare them off (i hope so)

I live to cleanse the galaxy of all Republic scum for my great Emperor

So many Empire loving here is sickening, remind me too much of Horde scrub, come on, there is no such thing in Rift. In Rift we get to talk to other faction, and rarely i see someone talk bad to one another, in PvP server im playing, sometimes we even work together. I hope in SWToR we can talk to other faction as well, and hoping no WoW kids mostly horde, ruin the game.

I am Hunter - Play Free Online Games

Yes. More drama that way.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Have it limited to say and offer an option to turn that off. So for those that do want to talk smack, the option is there. For those that would rather not listen to some morons ramblings of greatness, leave the option to turn it off. That way everyone is pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessInfinite View Post
    Would be funny to see the republic players beg for their lives though "Wait, wait have some mercy, please!"
    Or a sissy Sith Inquisitor in his dress run away to cry to his master that a big bad Trooper blew off his face with a big ass Heavy Cannon and grenades.
    Last edited by mmocb95650c314; 2011-06-21 at 10:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    PPl will use emotes instead of trash talk anyway. I'm all up for X faction communications.

Examples:

<Insert Name Here> I am your father /sigh /sigh /sigh How is your mom.

Damn girl, you're too hot for the good guys. Come to the dark side. All the fun goes here *Makes The Face*
    Last edited by Deleo; 2011-06-21 at 10:47 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rage would be epic. I would like to have it though atleast in a /say proximity
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

15+ Year Old Account
    It's restricted in most games due to trash talking, esp after ganking.

But how would you restrict it and make sense in this sense? Don't both sides have the same races, and speak the same languages?

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked the top choice P: