Thread: Lulzsec Busted.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This guy was not part of LulzSec in any way, he was an IRC moderator. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Yeah Enjoy the karma you jerk, this is what you get for showing large companies that they have holes in their security that could lead to all of your customers information being in the wrong hands!
    I could rob you at gunpoint with 7 of my best friends - take your credit card/steal your car but it's obviously your fault, bru. Should've hired bodyguards. Security FAIL, you should've known better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    Ryan was part of the AnonOps aristocracy. Definitely not Lulzsec, however. He's mentioned numerous times in Lulzsec's leaked IRC logs as someone to avoid and someone who's tried on numerous occasions to DDoS/social Lulz members. Unless things have changed since the beginning of the month.
    I mostly mean the fact that 'All lulzsec members are part of Anonymous'. Most aren't even affliated at all, they just teamed up recently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    THEIRS are the wrong hands. They say it themselves. They aren't trying to help anyone. They're doing it for the lulz.

Stop trying to make them out to be some damn heroes. They're douchebags who are being nothing but pains in the ass, and they're giving out people's information. That's not exposing a hole. If they hacked a site, then sent them a message and said "Hey, guys. You can do this to fix you security. We got in. here's the proof." That'd be one thing. They're just hacking for fun. By your logic, ANY hacking at ALL of ANY kind, is done only for the good of the companies.

This logic is retarded! WHAT in gods name would we be protecting these sites from if ALL these hackers had some grand and noble intentions?

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 11:06 AM ----------

Helping:
    "Hey, Mr. Large Company. There's a hole in this bullet proof vest you designed. You should fix that or it could endanger your customers."

Lulzsec:
    "Bang."
    i dont think any of the lulzsec defenders will respond to this or any other of the posts who were like this, since they dont have any valid arguments.....

100% sign

Quote Originally Posted by Thomvdm View Post
    I mostly mean the fact that 'All lulzsec members are part of Anonymous'. Most aren't even affliated at all, they just teamed up recently.
    Sabu and Kayla (if outed correctly by the Ninjas) were both AnonOps afaik - happy to be corrected if wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomvdm View Post
    Truth. There is probably some overlap between the two groups, though.
    But we'll never know until(if) these guys are put away and we get the 20/20 interview from inside the jail =p

Quote Originally Posted by IPWNFGZRS View Post
    Sabu and Kayla (if outed correctly by the Ninjas) were both AnonOps afaik - happy to be corrected if wrong.
    Yeah, but a lot of folks are under impression everyone in the group is/was a member of both. Bring on the Venn diagram ^^

However, I'd take anything "doxed" by the Jester or the Ninjas with a grain of salt for a little bit yet. Folks have been incorrectly incriminated before. Social engineering a fake profile around someone that actually exists has been done as well and is incredibly effective at misleading anyone poking around your past. I believe some of the paladins around these forums may know this first-hand with the Ferraro or w/e BS.
    Last edited by Sterilize; 2011-06-21 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    The wonderful part is that 19-years-old is legally considered an adult. He's looking at a LONG, LONG, LOOONNNGGG, time in prison.

As far as questioning whether this "counts as a bust?" I'm sure between interrogations, his computer(s), his home, and his friends, any accomplices he may have had will be found.
    Wrong, adult prison is considered 21+, he'll be in some kind of juvenile ward till the day he hits 21, if his sentencing lasts that long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not them lol... check their twitter.
    Heres what they said.
    @LulzSec The Lulz Boat

Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor bastard did they take down?"
    Last edited by ThatCanadianGuy; 2011-06-21 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Nos, just a response to what you said to me earlier:

Wouldn't you say directly attacking FBI-affiliated websites would be "get them now"?

I mean, I don't dare touch any of the files they released, but Lulzsec releasing this:

We call upon journalists and other writers to delve through the emails carefully, as we have
    uncovered an operation orchestrated by Unveillance and others to control and assess Libyan cyberspace through malicious means: the U.S. government is funding the CSFI to attack Libya's cyber infrastructure. You will find the emails of all 23 people involved in the emails.
    To me, that seems like a pretty big middle finger to the FBI with a "COME AT ME BRO" thrown in for good measure. I dunno, perhaps it's just me, but that seems like something they DON'T want released.

well i hope they get the rest. and i hope that this kid actually belongs to lulzsec, and not just some unfortunate scapegoat.

I'm actually really surprised, there are a lot of posts like this one. People who have no idea who Lulzsec is or what they're doing... their information is all over the internet, take 2 minutes to read it up buddy.

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 09:00 AM ----------

Yeah Enjoy the karma you jerk, this is what you get for showing large companies that they have holes in their security that could lead to all of your customers information being in the wrong hands!
    It got in the wrong hands... Right hands = the customer/the business the customer give the info to.... Wrong hands = Lulz douche

Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    Nos, just a response to what you said to me earlier:

Wouldn't you say directly attacking FBI-affiliated websites would be "get them now"?

I mean, I don't dare touch any of the files they released, but Lulzsec releasing this:

To me, that seems like a pretty big middle finger to the FBI with a "COME AT ME BRO" thrown in for good measure. I dunno, perhaps it's just me, but that seems like something they DON'T want released.
    Ah. I had not yet seen that. Yes. I would think then we'll see action very soon. I don't work in any sort of information division. So I don't know how they operate exactly. But I would think they're probably working something up.

EDIT: I didn't mean to say before that they already know who they are, etc, etc... I'm sure it'll take time, but I'm also pretty sure it'll happen. I don't know alot about hacking though. Is it harder to be on O than D?
    Last edited by Nos; 2011-06-21 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Cool

I could rob you at gunpoint with 7 of my best friends - take your credit card/steal your car but it's obviously your fault, bru. Should've hired bodyguards. Security FAIL, you should've known better.

Yup it's exactly like that.

If you go to the seediest bar in town and leave your friend's credit card out on the bar while you go to the bathroom, while you do not deserve to have it stolen, you have failed in your task of keeping information safe that was entrusted to you.

Defending a multi-million dollar corporation who was willfully negligent with your data is just as bad as defending someone who hacked into them "for the lulz". Protecting their customer data this poorly is a disgusting display of share holder returns being valued over their customer base in the form of underpaid, understaffed, and under qualified IT staff. Losing entire databases to simple SQL injection attacks in this day and age is a clear sign that only a fool would trust them with anything. As far as I'm concerned, all executives who oversaw Information Services at these corporations should face penalties equal or exceeding those facing the hackers. Once a single corporate entity faces fines equal to say, a single year worth of net income, and the executives in charge face "up to 10 years" worth of jail time, THEN information security will become a priority again.

Until then... the only way forward is to encourage with your wallet. Stop buying products that are created by these negligent organizations. While I wouldn't defend the hackers involved here as they are clearly in the wrong with how they went about their operations... they have succeeded in making it very clear who we cannot trust with our personal data anymore.
    Last edited by faerjan; 2011-06-21 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faerjan View Post
    If you go to the seediest bar in town and leave your friend's credit card out on the bar while you go to the bathroom, while you do not deserve to have it stolen, you have failed in your task of keeping information safe that was entrusted to you.

Defending a multi-million dollar corporation who was willfully negligent with your data is just as bad as defending someone who hacked into them "for the lulz". Protecting their customer data this poorly is a disgusting display of share holder returns being valued over their customer base in the form of underpaid, understaffed, and under qualified IT staff. Losing entire databases to simple SQL injection attacks in this day and age is a clear sign that only a fool would trust them with anything. As far as I'm concerned, all executives who oversaw Information Services at these corporations should face penalties equal or exceeding those facing the hackers. Once a single corporate entity faces fines equally that of a single year worth of net income, and the executives in charge face "up to 10 years" worth of jail time, THEN information security will become a priority again.

Until then... the only way forward is to encourage with your wallet. Stop buying products that are created by these negligent organizations.

Not a real comparison. It's more like, they were keeping your card in their house and left the door unlocked. Then Lulz went inside and took the card and went to the seediest bar in town and left it for you.

Not defending the companies... Just saying. Defending lulz in any way as doing something virtuous or helpful... Is beyond my comprehension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account

EDIT: I didn't mean to say before that they already know who they are, etc, etc... I'm sure it'll take time, but I'm also pretty sure it'll happen. I don't know alot about hacking though. Is it harder to be on O than D?
    Proxies/sock chains are effective in the short term. Add on daily wiping (or complete avoidance of physical drives so even if you're caught, it's next to impossible to find anything incriminating), heavy encryption of data/operating systems kept on SD chips which are small enough you could easily swallow if needed, access to networks only in public places, VPNs (virtual private networks)/tunnels such that no-one can listen in to your communication with another user... it can be absolutely hellish to track down anyone. But these guys are human, somewhere down the line - they slip up somewhere. Or more often than not, their past where they didn't know quite as much about how to protect themselves/mask their identity comes to bite them in the ass.

Deleted
    Don't drop the soap homeboy!!!

Deleted
    This is a TERRIBLE argument.

What they say "Showing companies they have large wholes that could lead to information being in the wrong hands"
    What they do: Release the damn information anyway...

Who are you kidding? They aren't trying to stop the information getting leaked - THEY LEAK IT THEMSELVES. Look at their website, its full of usernames and passwords. They aren't helping anyone - they are the bad guys releasing the information. Who are they trying to kid, who is going to hack and release the information of websites that already have the information leaked?

What they should do: Hack in, find the security whole - tell the companies so they can fix it before their information gets leaked.
    What they do: Hack in, find the security whole - tell the companies that they should fix it or they will get hacked, leak their information.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2011-06-21 at 04:31 PM.

Not a real comparison. It's more like, they were keeping your card in their house and left the door unlocked. Then Lulz went inside and took the card and went to the seediest bar in town and left it for you.
    If they broke into Sony headquarters, I would agree with your analogy moreso. Maybe a better analogy would be that you bought a house in the seediest part of town, and left the door open with a sign that says "There is probably good stuff in here!"

Not defending the companies... Just saying. Defending lulz in any way as doing something virtuous or helpful... Is beyond my comprehension.
    I agree, with the slight caveat I added regarding exposing these negligent corporations. It's certainly the wrong way to go about it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Helping:
    "Hey, Mr. Large Company. There's a hole in this bullet proof vest you designed. You should fix that or it could endanger your customers."
    Lulzsec:
    "Bang."
    Best thing I've read all week.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter