Thread: Lulzsec Busted.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knew the script-kiddie living in his parents basement would get caught sooner or later.

Deleted
    Sorry if someone has posted this already but TLR.

They guy they have arrested only runs the IRC channel for them. The rest of the team are still perfectly safe (or so they claim) from being caught at this point in time. There is however another group working to help FBI, Interpol and other such policing groups to apprehend Lulzsec members.

http://lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com/

Ryan Cleary was the guy accused of hacking Anonymous last month:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/862817-a...was-hacked-off

Now, can we make this a capitol crime and just rid the world of them? We're moving into a new digital world and the damage people like this can be devastating to a whole lot of people. If not a capitol offense, how about 50-life with no chance of parole.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Ryan Cleary was the guy accused of hacking Anonymous last month: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/862817-a...was-hacked-off
    funny that eh ?

personally im not so keen on the whole talking down the social engineering and technical skill and wishing assrape angle on people who no one knows anything about (even when they might think they do).

even if lulzsec and anon and the jester and the ninjas all get caught you can bet everything you have they have inspired others who will in turn come of age soon enough.

the truth is no network is ever completely secure and people can and will amass the knowledge necessary to circumvent them.

just today i was thinking about jesters xerxes program...now in case you don't know this program of his can take down 90% of websites autonomously with no interaction on his part by causing a DoS attack from a single machine then hacking the backend of the website. it even autonomously counters attempts to stop it. what i was thinking about today was the same process (which has been somewhat documented by jester himself because even he apparently has the need for public ego massage) but incorporated into a self replicating worm...the ramifications of such a program let lose "in the wild" could be utterly insane...and as the internet teaches: you're never "the only one"...

anyways while you mull over that thought nugget i'd suggest mods shut down threads related to this ongoing news story.
    that is unless you want to see everyones email addresses and log ons posted in a plain text file elsewhere.

not a threat in any way on my part but simply a recognition that atm it's perhaps better to keep heads below the parapet especially on such a large and notable gaming website because apart from anything else even if "the bad guys" get caught you can bet in all probability everything they have accumulated up until that point will be dumped onto the open net and ofc they are going to keep going in the meantime, taking requests and responding to ignorant comment etc in order to display "normality".
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-06-21 at 11:56 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    http://sven-slootweg.nl/

Joepie's personal website compromised.

http://i51.tinypic.com/25q4v48.jpg for folks that don't want to risk their own boxes as TeamP0ison aren't white hat exactly white-hats, either.

TeaMp0isoN_
    TriCk
    The server AnonNews was on is now defaced: cryto.net - YOU ARE NOT LEGION. SIT DOWN

TeaMp0isoN_ TriCk
    Mr. JoePie91, i do NOT care if u didnt hack for Lulzsec, u was still a lulzsec member and the admin of anonnews

TeaMp0isoN_ TriCk
    AnonNews still hacked irc.lc/cryto/aonnews - no IRC for you.. we win.

TeaMp0isoN_ TriCk
    we also hacked 15 websites belonging to JoePie91 but we didnt deface them as there was no need to. we got our point out by getting his main
    ---------------------------------

For the uninformed, this is in retaliation for Sabu threatening to expose members of TeamP0ison. These threats never saw light, however.

And for the initiated - TeamP0ison are grey-hat hackers with an established history of actual 0day attacks, not just the DDoS bullshit/SQL injections Lulz has been made famous for - and being one of the more ruthless hacker groups on the net. They're essentially Lulzsec's bigger, meaner brother... sans the Lulz, and public release of private data.

http://www.zone-h.org/archive/notifi...Mp0isoN/page=1

^750 webpages they've hacked in the last year.

They've managed to mostly stay under the radar, however - but got some public attention after a 0day attack on Facebook.

"A Few hours before the start of 2011, TeaMp0isN & ZHC announced that they were going to do a "Mass Clean-up" on Facebook, a few hours after the announcement, 100s of Facebook pages were hacked, the first page affected was the English Defence League Chat, the hackers then went onto hacking 1000s of racist, fascist, Zionist & anti-Islamic pages, including the Official White House, Liberal Democrats and several celebrity fan pages.

Overall 1000+ Facebook pages were affected within 2hours"
    ---------------------------------

Update: b14ck4dd3r (partially) doxing the alleged Tflow - http://pastebin.com/vPAGB8zQ

That leaves just Sabu and Kayla from the main crew without public dox if there's any accuracy in what's been published thus far.
    Last edited by Sterilize; 2011-06-22 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goozen View Post
    Exactly, they are grey/black hackers, they do it or to do damage or to steal, not to help the masses.
    Yup, then they went and spoilt it all by doing something stupid like leaking innocent peoples information....

It was fine when they were taking down random websites. W/e its just a short delay then its back up. But stealing credit info and leaking it to prove a point is a big dick move.
    Last edited by pickley; 2011-06-22 at 07:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I hate hackers all the same, wouldnt feel sorry in any shape or form to see them suffer in any way in prison, raped, beated, drown in toilet, anything will do for them. Same to other criminals.

That boy might only have run IRC channel for them, so what? guilty by assocation. A bunch of people rob the bank, and you know they are bank robber, if you handed out the weapon for them, or drive for them, or support them in any way, you are just as guilty.

And he is a full adult now, not a child, anything that happen to him in prison he totally brought it upon himself.
    Oh please. That argument is a load of rubbish. Did he hand them the tools to hack?

No.

Did he give them botted computers to help to help them DDoS?

Very unlikely from the sounds of it.

So in actual fact, all he did was act as a courier, without really knowing what he was delivering.

So you're going to charge the courier for helping deliver letters?

Ok. Remind me to never let you anywhere near any form of court of law.

Deleted
    There's so much fuss about this Ryan but he is the least of the problems lulzsec only used his computer for a IRC server. and what i have understanded of it all Ryan was with anonymous and walked back off them because of them joining antisec (anti-security) And hacked them. Well this is what you get. If anyone in the Lulzsec/antisec group fucks them up.. Well a pastebin goes to FBI with all their information :/

lulz. enjoy mixing with the real criminals!

Protip: avoid jail terms, upset, and bleeding-heart whinging on forums by not committing crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming wall of text, but I figured it was an interesting read.

-----------------------------

Jun 22 02:52:49 <ShadowDXS> What do you hope to accomplish?
    Jun 22 02:52:56 <Tsukihiro> Change...
    Jun 22 02:53:01 <reazon> i have a hard time seeing it, too
    Jun 22 02:53:04 <reazon> change?
    Jun 22 02:53:07 <ShadowDXS> DDoS'ing and Defacing is change?
    Jun 22 02:53:16 <Tsukihiro> Nope...
    Jun 22 02:53:23 <Tsukihiro> Change the way people see Internet...
    Jun 22 02:53:49 <Tsukihiro> This is the only place were I can live... And the feeling is, people just missuse it and tries to kill it...
    Jun 22 02:53:50 <ShadowDXS> This is not a revolution you kids have here. The only thing that will change is new laws being made to counter this Operation.
    Jun 22 02:54:12 <Tsukihiro> Laws aren't all powerful...
    Jun 22 02:54:46 <Tsukihiro> And what if there are more laws?
    Jun 22 02:54:48 <ShadowDXS> Its not the laws that powerful, its the action of what they provide, and what they stand for, as well as why they are there.
    Jun 22 02:55:13 <Tsukihiro> No matter what, they can control everything...
    Jun 22 02:55:16 <reazon> but shadowdxs
    Jun 22 02:55:35 <reazon> arent you a sorta significant member of the hacking-community?
    Jun 22 02:55:36 <Tsukihiro> If they can't do that in the "real side" how they will accomplish that on here?
    Jun 22 02:55:52 <ShadowDXS> They tell you not to jay-walk, its not because they dont want you breaking the rule of the crossway. Its because they do not wish for you to place yourself in harms way.
    Jun 22 02:56:30 <ShadowDXS> They do not want you to violate laws because its here to "protect you and others"
    Jun 22 02:56:32 <Tsukihiro> There is a time where rules needs to be broken...
    Jun 22 02:56:41 <ShadowDXS> there is no law that was made for just one person.
    Jun 22 02:56:54 <ShadowDXS> They are meant to protect everyone and everything.
    Jun 22 02:57:04 <ShadowDXS> Thats why one person does not make them.
    Jun 22 02:57:15 <ShadowDXS> If they did, then you would have a right to ask for freedom.
    Jun 22 02:57:38 <ShadowDXS> You the people of the world have a voice. Learn to use it in the way that the world can understand.
    Jun 22 02:58:29 <Tsukihiro> The problem is...
    Jun 22 02:58:37 <Tsukihiro> Not everyone is ready to listen...
    Jun 22 02:58:37 <ShadowDXS> Hacking- as to show flaws in how security works will not show people anything other than, they need to step their game up.
    Jun 22 02:58:59 <ShadowDXS> If your reason is sound enough then most people will listen.
    Jun 22 02:59:28 <Tsukihiro> In order to change something... You need to push it to the limit...
    Jun 22 02:59:33 <reazon> but arent you sort of a significant or atleast wellknown member of the hacking community ShadowDXS?
    Jun 22 02:59:45 <reazon> then what does hacking accomplish?
    Jun 22 02:59:52 <ShadowDXS> What does that have to do with anything reazon?
    Jun 22 03:00:08 <ShadowDXS> You hack to make things better, not to make them worse.
    Jun 22 03:00:26 <reazon> That was the exact words i wanted to hear
    Jun 22 03:00:27 <ShadowDXS> Think of the iPhone/Android/PSP(3)
    Jun 22 03:00:42 <ShadowDXS> We open them up so that we can do more with them.
    Jun 22 03:00:48 <reazon> true..
    Jun 22 03:00:53 <reazon> thats a pretty good example
    Jun 22 03:01:07 <Tsukihiro> I hack those for need...
    Jun 22 03:01:08 <ShadowDXS> Make the tools that we have, become more useful and push the limits
    Jun 22 03:01:34 <ShadowDXS> The actions of Anonymous/Lulzsec is not true hacking.
    Jun 22 03:01:39 <reazon> but.. isnt the intention of hacking/stealing government files to improve something?
    Jun 22 03:01:46 <ShadowDXS> No.
    Jun 22 03:02:08 <ShadowDXS> It was for the soul purpose of proving a point that did not need proving
    Jun 22 03:02:25 <ShadowDXS> That point was: we can do it, and did do it, now what are you going to do to stop us.
    Jun 22 03:02:34 <Tsukihiro> The idea of hacking the gov was to follow the "wikileaks" spirit that got lost after all the Operation Payback...
    Jun 22 03:03:01 <ShadowDXS> Wikileaks may have been formed by hackers, but was not made with hacking.
    Jun 22 03:03:18 <ShadowDXS> How Wikileaks got most of the data, was not via hacking.
    Jun 22 03:03:32 <Tsukihiro> Do you consider yourself a hacker?
    Jun 22 03:03:57 <ShadowDXS> I try not to, I think my actions speak for them self.
    Jun 22 03:04:10 <ShadowDXS> I'm not BlackHat if that is what your asking.
    Jun 22 03:04:11 <Tsukihiro> I see...
    Jun 22 03:04:16 <Tsukihiro> Not at all
    Jun 22 03:04:30 <Tsukihiro> I'm just trying to understand you a little more...
    Jun 22 03:04:47 <ShadowDXS> Thats fine.
    Jun 22 03:05:10 <reazon> I thought LulzSec moved away from "doing it for the lulz" with antisec
    Jun 22 03:05:19 <ShadowDXS> No, they did not.
    Jun 22 03:05:36 <ShadowDXS> They did the one thing that they tried so hard to prevent.
    Jun 22 03:05:52 <ShadowDXS> Lulzsec was created so that the public image of Anonymous was not tainted.
    Jun 22 03:06:03 <ShadowDXS> So that people would still think that Anonymous was fighting for freedom.
    Jun 22 03:06:18 <ShadowDXS> And now that backfired with the birth of AntiSec.
    Jun 22 03:06:24 <reazon> true point
    Jun 22 03:06:49 <reazon> but i mean
    Jun 22 03:07:00 <ShadowDXS> Tell me something, do you truly think that Anonymous has no leaders?
    Jun 22 03:07:41 <reazon> they do
    Jun 22 03:07:42 <ShadowDXS> If that is the case, and you do believe as such, then why where not informed of Lulzsec months before hand like the White Hats where in 2600.net?
    Jun 22 03:07:56 <ShadowDXS> why where you*
    Jun 22 03:08:19 <ShadowDXS> Why was the Lulzsec project hidden from Anonymous members?
    Jun 22 03:08:25 <reazon> Its obvious that there are keypersons behind anonymous
    Jun 22 03:08:32 <ShadowDXS> Bingo
    Jun 22 03:08:55 <ShadowDXS> Anonymous was never the free standing legion they wanted to be.
    Jun 22 03:09:11 <ShadowDXS> They always joined rooms asking: What are we doing here?
    Jun 22 03:09:25 <ShadowDXS> Or: Whats the !topic?
    Jun 22 03:09:54 <reazon> True..
    Jun 22 03:10:03 <ShadowDXS> Few took the time to understand why targets where selected before they fired at them.

Full conversation log @ http://pastebin.com/fcF6J34W

Also - anyone know the backstory to the bolded/underlined part?
    Last edited by Sterilize; 2011-06-22 at 09:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    the FULL IRC convo with Karim can be found here:
    http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/Karim IRC log.txt
    Huh...that was certainly...intresting, so the head of a security firm that lulzsec we threateing the other week is now trying to work it out with them so that he doesnt get destroyed by his competitors? o.0 If i read that right ofc :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Deleted
    Its a pretty stong lead if they can prove that he is one of LulzSec's "Ringleaders" as such - its really starting to get annoying, all of this hacking - first Sony/PS3, then Nintendo, Government files getting threatened - and what for? A hold over PS3 to stop them from sueing a friend or something of LulzSec which has gotten out of hand by their greed and "humour" of holding personal details... its just ridiculous :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsiddias View Post
    Its a pretty stong lead if they can prove that he is one of LulzSec's "Ringleaders" as such - its really starting to get annoying, all of this hacking - first Sony/PS3, then Nintendo, Government files getting threatened - and what for? A hold over PS3 to stop them from sueing a friend or something of LulzSec which has gotten out of hand by their greed and "humour" of holding personal details... its just ridiculous :/
    I think somebody needs to do some research :P

It isnt for the humor, it used to be, but now lulzsec and anonymous have joined forces they are trying to collect information on corrupt government services and big corperations.
    Btw, the 19 year old isnt the ring leader, he was jsut hosting an IRC server for them.
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygersaf View Post

It isnt for the humor, it used to be, but now lulzsec and anonymous have joined forces they are trying to collect information on corrupt government services and big corperations.
    Btw, the 19 year old isnt the ring leader, he was jsut hosting an IRC server for them.
    I believe, more than anything, that this was entirely a strategic move - and an intelligent one at that. The Lulz core knew what they were doing was cranking up the heat from the feds and at some point they'd probably get burned. What do you do? Open the flood gates to hundreds of others to stage similar attacks/spread the resources of those trying to combat all of this while they distance themselves from the situation.

I don't know the specifics on the UK census, but if it's counterpart here in Canada was compromised - it contains your Social Security/every piece of information anyone wanting to steal your identity could possibly need.

This theft was allegedly done by someone heeding the Anti-Sec call and not directly involved with the group... and I'd say is a much larger threat than anything Lulz has done thus far.

In the words of ShadowDXS on the previous page, their point now and always has been "we can do it, and did do it, now what are you going to do to stop us."
    Last edited by Sterilize; 2011-06-22 at 09:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    I believe, more than anything, that this was entirely a strategic move - and an intelligent one at that. The Lulz core knew what they were doing was cranking up the heat from the feds and at some point they'd probably get burned. What do you do? Open the flood gates to hundreds of others to stage similar attacks/spread the resources of those trying to combat all of this while they distance themselves from the situation.

I don't know the specifics on the UK census, but if it's counterpart here in Canada was compromised - it contains your Social Security/every piece of information anyone wanting to steal your identity could possibly need.

This theft was allegedly done by someone heeding the Anti-Sec call and not directly involved with the group... and I'd say is a much larger threat than anything Lulz has done thus far.

In the words of ShadowDXS on the previous page, their point now and always has been "we can do it, and did do it, now what are you going to do to stop us."
    Yeah, although im not sure what ahppedn about the census, becasue channel 4 said soemone stole all the info, then lulzsec said it wasnt them, but whoever did it if it was in the name of antisec well done.

But no1 has claimed it as far as i'm aware, and I havnt heard any concrete evidene that it was stolen, they said they were running chekcs yesterday but we will have to see.

The scary thing is, if it was stolen, whoever has it doesnt seem to want to release it. Which means they could be going through it all right at this second.

Then again, it could be leaked in a few days, I think i remember seeing anon or lulzsec asying they were preparing a big leak or soemthing like that

10+ Year Old Account
    http://pastebin.com/K1nerhk0
    Guy making the claim to fame and flyin the Lulz banner.

Signs it Cap'n Pierre "Lulz" Dubois which isn't a pseudonym I believe anyone in the Lulz crew has used thus far.
    That said, they can claim they have nothing to do it with it all they want - but it's complete hypocrisy.

The AntiSec Manifesto explicitly states that:

"Welcome to Operation Anti-Security (#AntiSec) - we encourage any vessel, large or small, to open fire on any government or agency that crosses their path. We fully endorse the flaunting of the word "AntiSec" on any government website defacement or physical graffiti art. We encourage you to spread the word of AntiSec far and wide, for it will be remembered. To increase efforts, we are now teaming up with the Anonymous collective and all affiliated battleships.

Top priority is to steal and leak any classified government information, including email spools and documentation. Prime targets are banks and other high-ranking establishments. If they try to censor our progress, we will obliterate the censor with cannonfire anointed with lizard blood."

So yeah, it most likely wasn't LulzSec. But they were definitely the catalyst.

Sorry for reporting this point for folks following the threat in Off-Topic/Computer.

Edit: Looks like he's already sharing the data via torrents too.
    Last edited by Sterilize; 2011-06-22 at 09:34 AM.

"Mastermind"? Bah. Funniest thing I've read in months. Poor Ryan. IRC host, and what happened with HBGary was bloody stupid. Hate to see him take the fall for Lulzsec, though. That's just dumb. Sabu's still got it coming, no doubt in my mind.

Especially if Teamp0ison is involved now.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygersaf View Post

oh right - I just posted what I'd heard, and now I've stopped reading about it cus it was annoying me too much :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    Jun 22 03:07:42 <ShadowDXS> If that is the case, and you do believe as such, then why where not informed of Lulzsec months before hand like the White Hats where in 2600.net?
    Also - anyone know the backstory to the bolded/underlined part?
    Something Ryan alluded to after HBGary and the splintering of Lulzsec. HBGary didn't sit well with the better part of Anon. Not with how it played out, the aftermath, the "interviews" anything. It left a gross taste in your mouth, and gave a person the feeling of needing to take a shower.

People like Sabu and Topiary were calling the shots to Anonymous' operations, and white hats or not, a few people figured out what the hell was going on behind the scenes. 2600's a hangout for a bunch of the other end of the spectrum (Pro-Sec, if you will, but it's existed long before AntiSec. Also a favorite hangout of Jester's) And they're generally good at putting 2&2 together, simply because they don't usually get involved in Anon. It's like watching your neighbor invite her gardener into her house. Can't prove anything, don't really care to even if you could, but you've got an idea.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-06-22 at 09:45 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~