Thread: Global Agenda

10+ Year Old Account

Global Agenda

Has anyone else tried this game out? I had only heard of it last week when it became available on steam and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.

I play it often and I think it's fun, but something just feels off about it. A shooting MMO is a nice change of pace, but this just doesn't feel like it was done properly. Perhaps it's a PvP-centered game and it's due to my rampant PvE gaming that I feel something is off. Judging from how mobile combat is, I can imagine how intense PvP battles could be in comparison to WoW's arenas and battlegrounds.

I also have a few questions in the event there are any more experienced players here:

What good are Credits when every store I see requires a combo of Tokens and Agenda Points?

Is it possible to get Agenda Points without buying them?

Is it possible to repair gear or is my stuff broken forever once I've used up the durability?

Have I not seen any new weapons for the past 14 levels because I'm only level 18?

Are rockets SUPPOSED to insta-kill you?

Are enemies SUPPOSED to be allowed to spawn directly on top of you and proceed to murder you?

Do all enemies have some sort of 6th sense when it comes to finding where you are? Because I've been cloaked, run past an enemy that's engaged with someone else and had that enemy immediately begin killing me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post
    Has anyone else tried this game out? I had only heard of it last week when it became available on steam and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.

I play it often and I think it's fun, but something just feels off about it. A shooting MMO is a nice change of pace, but this just doesn't feel like it was done properly. Perhaps it's a PvP-centered game and it's due to my rampant PvE gaming that I feel something is off. Judging from how mobile combat is, I can imagine how intense PvP battles could be in comparison to WoW's arenas and battlegrounds.

I also have a few questions in the event there are any more experienced players here:

What good are Credits when every store I see requires a combo of Tokens and Agenda Points?

Is it possible to get Agenda Points without buying them?

Is it possible to repair gear or is my stuff broken forever once I've used up the durability?

Have I not seen any new weapons for the past 14 levels because I'm only level 18?

Are rockets SUPPOSED to insta-kill you?

Are enemies SUPPOSED to be allowed to spawn directly on top of you and proceed to murder you?

Do all enemies have some sort of 6th sense when it comes to finding where you are? Because I've been cloaked, run past an enemy that's engaged with someone else and had that enemy immediately begin killing me.
    1) You will be using credits to buy mods(kind of like socket/gems), dyes, and items that aren't BoP. The main things is the Crescent jetpack which is the best one in the game that can be used at level 40 and costs over 800k credits. Other items are different types of weapons that you can only get from drops and not the token store.

2) Nope, but the only thing they get you that tokens cant is useless flair(items for looks), some dyes, and pets.

3) Buy a repair kit from the armor vendor or the market place.

4) Your class store will show you most of the weapons you will be able to get. There aren't all that many weapons in the game(unless you're an assault) so your options will be like 5 different ranged weapons for recon, and around the same for the others.

5) Rockets will do a lot of damage, but once you have all of your staff it should be more of a 2-3 shot thing unless once again you're a bloody assault(yes I hate them). The reason they do so much damage is because they unlike other turrets can be dodged by strafing and curving around it and they travel slow. Whenever you see a red laser line aiming at someone that means a turret is about to kill them/you so move out of it's line of fire and then kill it from a safe spot.

6) In PvE you constantly need to be aware of your positioning or they will do a lot of damage. In spec ops later on they can destroy the entire group in seconds if you didn't prepare for them and charged in.

7) Stealth wont work if you get too close to a NPC, but will work forever until you get damaged against players. This is most likely to stop a group of recons just stealthing past all the trash in spec ops.

My sentiments are mostly the same as yours about the game , it's a good game and all but something does just seem, off about it, though i can't say what
    Asdfgh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franuki View Post
    My sentiments are mostly the same as yours about the game , it's a good game and all but something does just seem, off about it, though i can't say what
    There are plenty of problems with the game, only hope they can fix them. It's stupid when a medic has the easiest kill button in the game, and an assault has high mobility/damage/survivability. But from gameplay mechanics I would say the bullets needs to travel faster and jetpacks need to be smoother to control and not slow down whenever you bump into anything even a little.

It's all about teamwork and knowing your role. A lot of people pick Recon because it's fun to play, and then they have bad results because it's not like snipers in every other game. It's actually a challenge to hit a moving target, and any decent player is always moving. In AvA you generally only see teams bring 1-2 Recons, and their job is simple: hunt down the beacon carrier, and kill them and the beacon. In typical Merc matches you'll always hear, "Recons kill the #$%& turrets!" but Assaults are actually the best for killing them. They just like to make Recons do it, because everyone assumes the Recons are jerking it behind a box a mile away. If you know how to aim, and I mean REALLY know how to aim, you can get as many as 40-50 kills in a game, while maintaining very few deaths. If after playing for a while you realize you just don't have the twitch skills, then read The Secret to Winning: An Epic Journey into the Mind of a Pro by one of the best Recons in the game.

Personally, I love the game. The reason you may find credits aren't very useful is that the game in its current state is drastically different than what it was at launch. Credits used to be the only currency, and were used for dyes, and new suits of armor. Nothing else was released in the game iirc. They're now used for, as other people mentioned, mods for equipment, reagents for mods, weapons for AH, and etc etc.

If you find that rockets are killing you, invest some points into your balance tree to get some protection. Or simply avoid being hit by them. But as far as I know, without any kind of aoe protection, it still takes 2 rockets to kill you, 3-4 if you have everything, but it's been a while since I ran with a rocket turret, so I don't know for sure.

I bought GA back when it was on sale on steam for $7.50 . Was fun while I played, Hardly ever play now. But the pvp in that game is all about objectives and each member of your team doing a specific job. Recons focus Robo nests/Medics, Assaults tank points/Roam/Explosion spec for clearing points, Medics heal obviously and Robos set up nests to help out capturing a point (Placing a med box/sensor/power supply on the point). 98% of the weapons in the game are obtained by tokens which are obtained by pvp and pve. The other 2% are random world drop weapons that have a special effect such as the Dweller Sniper Rifle has a knockback on shot, the same as the Random drop hammer for assaults. Also as far as i know the random drop weapons from the desert have a higher base damage than other weapons but since it is level 20 it won't be as effective at 30+ as the other 30+ weapons. Agenda points are only there to obtain stupid random vanity items, the other weapons purchasable with agenda points are all obtainable through tokens. Finally Pve is somewhat amusing, but it isn't hard at all imo. The 5 mans, even going up in difficulty aren't much of a challenge especially if you run 2 robos in your group. The raids on the other hand, may not be super hard but they are fun running with a coordinated group.

---------- Post added 2011-06-22 at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    It's all about teamwork and knowing your role. A lot of people pick Recon because it's fun to play, and then they have bad results because it's not like snipers in every other game. It's actually a challenge to hit a moving target, and any decent player is always moving. In AvA you generally only see teams bring 1-2 Recons, and their job is simple: hunt down the beacon carrier, and kill them and the beacon. In typical Merc matches you'll always hear, "Recons kill the #$%& turrets!" but Assaults are actually the best for killing them. They just like to make Recons do it, because everyone assumes the Recons are jerking it behind a box a mile away. If you know how to aim, and I mean REALLY know how to aim, you can get as many as 40-50 kills in a game, while maintaining very few deaths. If after playing for a while you realize you just don't have the twitch skills, then read The Secret to Winning: An Epic Journey into the Mind of a Pro by one of the best Recons in the game.
    ^ This, Recon is the hardest class to play in GA, which is why most people frown upon anyone who is a recon because most recons are bad. Snipercons require you to know how to lead your target and know that your job is to primarily hunt down the Robos/Medics. Bombercons generally just clear points for the rest of the team, and meleecons are worthless lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    i played the trial alot (when it was lv15) and now its free to play u even have to pay RL CASH for basic weapons

Achaman
    "i played the trial alot (when it was lv15) and now its free to play u even are given the option to pay RL CASH for basic weapons"
    Fixed