Deleted

BootMGR is missing.

I get this whenever I try to start my computer. I just built it, and when I put the windows disc in, it just stayed on 0% on copying windows files, until a restarted it. Then I got bootmgr. I know the usual solution is to boot up again with the windows disc in, and choose repair windows, but I just get the same bootmgr when it's in.

Any ideas? Help me out guys!

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is the BIOS set to your HD as the first boot device?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it an official windows disk?

Did you load drivers, and in bios what mode is your SATA in? (AHCI, RAID)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you sleep? What's your social security number? How many fingers am I holding up?
    (Just thought I'd bombard you with more questions. x3)

Deleted
    1. Haven't checked BIOS, will do so.
    2. Yes it is
    3. Not sure how to load drivers without first installing the OS
    4. Don't know what AHCI is, but it's not in RAID, just the one drive on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFiveTRex View Post
    1. Haven't checked BIOS, will do so.
    2. Yes it is
    3. Not sure how to load drivers without first installing the OS
    4. Don't know what AHCI is, but it's not in RAID, just the one drive on it's own.
    It doesn't have to be in raid for the sata mode to be set to raid instead of ahci.

You have to load the appropriate drivers depending on the bios setting.

Deleted
    I went into BIOS and changed the boot order from HDD then optical drive to optical drive then HD, then it just says

"press any key to boot from CD or DVD" Then the Bootmgr thing immediately afterwards.

how do I load the drivers? I thought you were supposed to get them from the net instead of using the disc, or is that just for upgrades?

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you repair the boot sequence in the repair utility. it happens to my machin about once a month.

Deleted
    I tried that, did nothing : /

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 03:37 PM ----------

Just got error code 0x80070057

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 05:07 PM ----------

It is in AHCI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFiveTRex View Post
    I get this whenever I try to start my computer. I just built it, and when I put the windows disc in, it just stayed on 0% on copying windows files, until a restarted it. Then I got bootmgr. I know the usual solution is to boot up again with the windows disc in, and choose repair windows, but I just get the same bootmgr when it's in.

Any ideas? Help me out guys!
    If it didnt get past copying files and you were installing a fresh copy there is no bootMGR because u didnt install an OS on the HDD.
    Copying files is the first thing it does before installing the OS, if you restarted it while it was still at 0% then it never did anything, including install the OS.

Put the disk back in and install windows if this is indeed what happened. If you try to repair, it errors (I assume) because it cant find one to repair.
    Last edited by Airin; 2011-06-21 at 09:24 PM.

How long did you let it sit at 0% before restarting, because if you're using the disc it will sit there for a while.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    How long did you let it sit at 0% before restarting, because if you're using the disc it will sit there for a while.
    Yea it likes to take its good old time running off a disc.

Deleted
    Fixed it, I had the HDD plugged into the wrong SATA port. Oops ^^