Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    According to NVIDIA: 105 C

According to Intel: 72.6°C (Tcase)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsGaming View Post
    While we're talking about temps... I have been googling like crazy looking for max and recommended temps for my i7-2600 sandy bridge and my GTX 465... any idea where I can get good info like this?
    For graphics card somewhere near 120C is max where it can operate, after that it will cut down on the cards lifespan.
    CPU's critical temperatures are around 100C (you should be around 70C max. at all times).
    Last edited by Ais; 2011-06-21 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ais View Post
    For graphics card somewhere near 120C is max where it can operate, after that it will cut down on the cards lifespan.
    CPU's critical temperatures are around 100C (you should be around 70C at all times).
    Great! I usually run my CPU at a consistent 65C. I need to start monitoring my GPU a bit more though... no idea what it's running at.

Deleted
    Hello there,

I had the same heat issue due to playing a single core engined game on a dual core system.
    After looking up a thing or two, I managed to cover a little bit of it software wise.
    The program I use is called EVGA-precision, it's an UI which allows you to tweak and monitor a few things.
    The thing that helped a lot is turning your fan speed to the maximum while gaming or doing other cpu demanding tasks.

Do keep in mind that when you download software like this that it will most likely have different types corresponding to your chip-set.
    The main purpose of these programs is for over-clocking, if you're not familiar with certain options do not touch them as it may cause great damage to your system.

Kind regards,

Arphylion

It's not the card heat; probably not the PSU; probably not the Memory; probably not CPU heat; it IS probably a driver issue. If you read up on the WoW forums and on the internetz there are tons of people who get black screens while playing WoW using a GTX 570 or higher. Does it happen in any other game you play? Do you just get a black screen, but you can hear the sound still and get a blinking monitor? If so, it's not your fault and you can't fix it. We all have to just wait for updated drivers.

I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvstec
    Its because everyone thinks they are a unique snowflake and their departure means something. facebookbabies

Deleted
    Just curious but what motherboard are you using? I know someone who had 3 Asus P8P67Pro motherboards do this to him and it was bad dimms every time causing the exact same shut downs. Your GPU temp is not the issue 85c is like winter time for Fermi under load i would rule it out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    They're well known source of
    [COLOR=#EFEGDC]Housefires[/COLOR]
    I lol'd.

UPDATE: Instead of the auto 54% fan @ 85 degrees, I ramped it up manually at 70%, haven't crashed yet. Beautiful graphics too

Edit: I'm on a P8P67 M-ATX Pro mobo, with a 2600k (which is at like 32 degrees under load with my Kuhler 920). System is pretty cold if you ask me, GPU is now at roughly 68 under load, which is cool with me.

Edit2: Look at my sig, thats my previous system. Had a 9600 gt 512mb, ran at like...20 degrees under load rofl. HUUUUUGE upgrade.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2011-06-21 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    I'm on a P8P67 M-ATX Pro mobo, with a 2600k (which is at like 32 degrees under load with my Kuhler 920). System is pretty cold if you ask me, GPU is now at roughly 68 under load, which is cool with me.
    If it happens again do the RAM dance and using one stick test all four Dimms just in case

Deleted
    MY GTX 480, goes hot all the time, even tho these cards are working on the higher temps, you should reinstall your computer. not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by sluddyazin View Post
    It's not the card heat; probably not the PSU; probably not the Memory; probably not CPU heat; it IS probably a driver issue. If you read up on the WoW forums and on the internetz there are tons of people who get black screens while playing WoW using a GTX 570 or higher. Does it happen in any other game you play? Do you just get a black screen, but you can hear the sound still and get a blinking monitor? If so, it's not your fault and you can't fix it. We all have to just wait for updated drivers.

I hope this helps.
    I have that exact problem with my GTX 570 -.- Black screen, fans on GPU stops and starts again. It's like the GPU just reboots, and i've been trying to fix it for two months now. I just have to wait for updated drivers?

sorry for hijacking the thread abit, but OT: as others have said, 85C isn't over the top for a GPU (i'd be worried if it was your CPU reaching those temps though). You could try increasing the fan speed to lower the temp and see if it helps.

Black screen reboot happened again. "Entering power save mode" ----> power off.

Stupid PC. Gives me headaches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    "Entering power save mode"
    ASUS utility?

Yeah, uninstall that. Its not the most reliable and is prone to causing lockups (which probably result in shutdown for you).

10+ Year Old Account
    85 celcious is nothing. My HD4850 reached 105 all the time and all it did was stutter the game. At some point it was reaching 90 on IDLE, so all i did was remove a layer of dust from the heatsink and now its fine. Problem could be on your power supply unit (PSU)

I have the same card as well. Getting around 72C on Crysis 2, although I am using a manual fan profile. Running at 60-70% fan speed.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    My GTX580 is sitting cool at 38*C :> U JELLY? Tho theres 3 fans on that thing, silent as a sleeping baby

Have you tried older Graphic Drivers? When i was at Dreamhack I constantly got graphic driver crashes, maybe you're getting pc shutdown instead, thats what ur getting right? So Try a older Driver:" 263.09_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql2 " made my crashing stop.

Else I would guess the PSU causing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    So as some of you may know, I got a Gtx 570, and I love the thing to death. Runs everything on max, BUT...
    got 2 "crashes" ---> computer just shutting down, and I assume it's due to my card's heat. Yup, it reached 85 celcius while playing Crysis on max, and I can STRONGLY assume the reboots are due to that. Right now I can't really game for more than 25 minutes without getting a system reboot or whatever.
    I have 5 fans in my case (one being 200mm - Antec 902 v3), very good airflow, cable management is neat, any way to lower the temps?
    Model is an EVGA Gtx 570 (reference).
    Thx for the input,

Chicken
    Im 99% sure, you are assuming wrong. Computers dont shut down due GPU temps. Either, your CPU runs too hot, and causes a shutdown or your PSU is living its last days. Either way, 85 C is nowhere near to "too hot" for a GPU unit so shouldnt worry about that. But it may be, that the whole temp is getting too high in ur computer case and thants to that, ur CPU runs too hot aswell.
    Try to monitor ur CPU temps aswell+ look where the autoshutdown temp is set in BIOS. If u get close to that, there is ur problem.
    U may try to replace the thermal paste, it may help but a better cooler=win.
    Or, its the PSU, then ull prolly notice it soon either way, since it will die soon.

as always update your drivers if the new driver are tested
    85 is not high
    look up the windows eventlog maybe you will find somethink

Deleted
    If your PSU is modular, make sure the GPU is plugged to two different rails with no extra load on them. According to this source, the GTX570 can reach up to 330W loads, which is ~28 amperes of load at 12V and up to 38 amps peak. ~24 from the 2x 6-pin 12V plugs and the rest via PCI-E rail. Overload any of those and either the PSU forces a shutdown or MoBo does to prevent damage. Older PSUs might not be able to handle such peak loads as well as a new one does as the capacitors dry out over time. Total Wattage may be fine, but peak loads may be over the top for what can be supplied from the rails or via motherboard.
    Last edited by mmocb803490959; 2011-06-21 at 06:05 PM.

My 4870x2 would idle at ~70°C and under load instantly go to 93-94°C. The moment it hit the 95°C it would shut down the game, not the entire PC. Happened 3-4 times in 2 years though.
    So I would say 85 isn't high.

I have that exact problem with my GTX 570 -.- Black screen, fans on GPU stops and starts again. It's like the GPU just reboots, and i've been trying to fix it for two months now. I just have to wait for updated drivers?

sorry for hijacking the thread abit, but OT: as others have said, 85C isn't over the top for a GPU (i'd be worried if it was your CPU reaching those temps though). You could try increasing the fan speed to lower the temp and see if it helps.
    It's very common. It's nothing you have done wrong. As I understand it due to the age of WoW it isn't coded in a way that works well with the new GTX 570 design. Basically, we all have to sit around and wait for them to work out the kinks. You can do all the standard tests: CPU heat, Check each memory stick for failure, test your PSU, check motherboard for heat, check graphics card for heat, update drivers, etc. but when you are done and nothing has been corrected... you can join the rest of us with the BSOD and no known cause. This is what happens when you buy the latest and greatest GPU and have an old game.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvstec
    Its because everyone thinks they are a unique snowflake and their departure means something. facebookbabies