Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin

mutilate Rogue (myself)
    ele shaman
    mm hunter
    aff lock
    spriest
    arcane mage

The reason of this post is to try and figure out the quickest way to get through P2. We did our first night of attempts last night, and we made it to P2 a lot, but I think our dps allocation was pretty poor. We initially would have everyone burn down the whelps + their respawn. We then sent hunter/spriest to left egg and lock/mage to right egg. We kept shaman + myself in the back to work on drakes/spitecallers. The problem with this though, the carapace seemed to drop slow, thus getting us behind everywhere.

What I was thinking is doing the following. P2 starts, Arcane mage keeps blasting Sinestra to drop carapace, all other dps burn first set of whelps. Afterwords, spriest/hunter/lock swap to their eggs. The mage will then swap as well. I'll send the shaman then onto sinestra. Once the drake drops, shaman switches off sinestra and burns the drake. I will aoe second set of whelps with the tank, then switch to sinestra if drake has not spawned. If it has, I would burn it with the shaman. Finally, the spitecaller. The shamnan + myself swap to it. I'm assuming ideally at this point, the eggs are dead and all ranged swap to it.

Anyways, that is the long drawn out scenario in my head. What I was looking for is if there is a better set up with our comp, or of I'm overlooking anything to speed up this Phase. Also, what did other guilds do with the tanks during this phase?

15+ Year Old Account
    Our setup was fairly similar to yours, a paladin instead of the warrior tank, a feral instead of the rogue and a moonkin instead of the ele shaman.

We found this phase extremely quick and easy, everybody aoe'd the whelps twice, and then everyone moved to the boss to dps, the second the omelet timer showed our hunter, feral tank and arcane mage burst the right hand egg while our moonkin, aff lock and priest nuked the left egg.

With this setup both eggs dropped within the 30 seconds easily, sometimes even with 10 seconds to spare, I (paladin tank) would pick up the drake and interrupt the spitecaller the first time, and with the eggs dropping so quickly everybody came back and the spite easily died before the second cast and then killed the drake before the buff became active, just make sure the feral is tanking the whelps so that the warrior can pick up the spite for the stun, since if the feral attacks the spite with stacks he'll get one shot.

Here is a strat that might work well for you:

At the start of p2,have your tank drag the whelps to the back of the room. You(the rogue) stay on sinestra, while everyone else kills the whelps. When both sets of whelps are down, your 4 highest single target dpsrobably hunter, mage, lock, and priest each go to respective eggs. If needed, they can help you burn the rest of the shield, but it shouldnt be too much. While they kill eggs, you and the shaman work on the twilight drake. Then, finish the drake off, have your first whelp tank in p3 pick up the spitecaller, and everyone kills it. Then you have fun in p3 =D. Something along those lines should work. P2 is really just alot of movement for dps, and alot of standing around for healers and tanks.

If 2 dps on each egg (starting dps as soon as the carapace drops) isn't enough, you might just have to do the eggs in two rounds instead of one. My guild runs two arcane mages for this and I've seen them practically solo the eggs themselves, with just a bit of help. Arcane blast over and over until dead. =p

Make sure everyone is starting dps as soon as the carapace drops, i.e. in position and ready to go, but keep in mind that it takes a few seconds to drop after the emote happens. Have your hunter start casting an Aimed Shot, your mage casting an Arcane Blast, etc., timed so that they hit just as the carapace falls off.

@ewoods: This may sound silly, but wouldn't be focusing on boss att the start cause me to die due to the extinction??

@Aleysia: We definitely have the dps to push it with one egg each, but I think our problem was more so the fact that it was our first few times in P2 and we weren't sure the exact allocation of all dps. We started out with everyone burning down both whelp packs, thus getting us behind on the carapace, thus no additional help for the spitecaller and a slower time killing the eggs.

Well, its after the extinction hehe. I would say keep two ranged dps per egg, and have your other two dps on the drake then everyone mostly kills the spitecaller.

We have 2 ranged dps per egg, ele shaman / s priest , mage moonkin. Lock cleans up the adds with a dk. No second egg phase only 1 flying and 1 aoe'ing mob. Sometimes not even the latter

Ah alright, fair enough.

This is how my guild does it, although we 3-heal so we actually have a 3rd whelp pack and only 5 dps:
    - P2 starts, hunter stays on Sinestra to prevent her from annihilating Calen, other dps burn the 2 packs of whelps + respawns
    - 3 ranged dps (including the hunter) move into position for eggs and dps Sinestra to bring down the carapace
    - I (shadow priest) help with the 3rd pack of whelps, along with the rogue, but I have to bail as soon as I see the carapace is about to fall
    - we kill the eggs
    - by this time, we have a spitecaller and drake; rogue + tank are on the spitecaller and other tank is dragging the drake/remaining respawned whelps towards Sinestra to pick her up
    - ranged dps finish off spitecaller/drake/whelps while Calen and Sinestra are chatting

How exactly does the Calen<-> Sinestra beam + Mana shield<->Egg vulerability work?

We dont have any problems in p2 now, easily get the eggs down in 1 cycle. The only confusion comes from the fact that sometimes her mana shield takes longer to drop off and make the eggs vulernable between attempts.

We have 2 dps left egg (arcane mage + warlock) and 3 dps right egg (warlock + spriest + paladin OT). They DPS sinestra while the healers near the Whelp AOE area heal Calen simultaneously. It feels like we're doing the same thing each attempt - but sometimes Sinestra drops her barrier (making eggs vulernable) after only a few seconds, and sometimes it takes longer. Why?

There shouldn't be a ton of variation, but as far as we could tell there wasn't a set amount of time or damage.

I think it kind of works like this -- either the amount of dps or the number of dps on Sinestra determines the rate at which the beam moves. Once the beam reaches Sinestra, she will drop the carapace. Thus you can visually determine when the carapace will fall based on when the beam reaches her, as well as listening for Calen to say things like "you are weakening Sintharia!"

So basically, if you are in fact doing the exact same thing every time, I don't know why you'd see a difference. =/

I'm also not sure if the beam can move faster/slower, or if you just need to meet a certain dps threshold to make it move.

I was under the working assumption it's a mix of DPS to sinestra and HPS to calen. That means just healing calen wouldnt make her drop barrier, and just dpsing sinestra wouldnt drop barrier - but both need to be done simultaneously.

Not sure whether this is 100% true though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone AOE first set of whelps. Send everyone to DPS sinestra after they die except for the 2 ppl assigned to adds. Keep one more person(lock is good) to help if the respawned whelps die too slow with just 2 ppl. He can port back closer to the egg after they die. Eggs should become vulnerable very shortly after the whelps die 2nd time.