My PC gets all Sluggish for not reason

Hi so this is something that happens completely random i can just be sitting at my PC watching some YouTube vids.
    And all of a sudden the PC slows down and the CPU usage sky rockets and the mouse gets all laggy and the sound from videos / music gets all funky.
    Like someone is playing with the sound speed and it clears from a reboot my first taught where hmm this might be some kind of virus.
    So i did a full scan with MWB ESET and Spy bot and it all came up clean and nothing funky in the task manager.
    And all my drivers are up to date and my PC temps are normal so i have no idea what to do now i would be happy if someone happen to know how to fix this problem.

I had this on my old PC when Windows Update would suddenly search for updates or my AV would perform a quick-scan. Maybe this is happening to you too?

What are your system specs?

Operating System: Windows 7 professional 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (5770)
    i have my windows auto update turned off i check for updates manually like once a week ( all ready done this week ) same with my AV i dont want it to interrupt me while im playing a game or some thing ells

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe there is something wrong with your PSU? Have you tried to clean out all the dust in your computer, unless you use filters against that catch the dust before it enters your case

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

i use dust filters for all of my fans witch i clean once a week and the PSU is brand new its only about a week old so it cant be that

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's a faulty psu? When did the problems occur, after you installed the new psu?

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    i use dust filters for all of my fans witch i clean once a week and the PSU is brand new its only about a week old so it cant be that
    Depends on when the problems started..

Are all drivers up to date (not just videocard drivers)?

nope i had the same problem with my old psu that is why i changed mine in the first place
    ye all of them i even have the latest bios witch some ppls tend to forget

10+ Year Old Account
    you say the cpu skyrockets but then say nothing is unusual in the taskmanager, how is that possible?
    so when this happens no process is at or close to 100%

not that i can see no by the time the task manager lodes the new cpu usage the lagg stops for about 2-3 secs and then starts again
    and with strange things in the task manager i mean like xedfwse.exe with no proper description witch are viruses

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    not that i can see no by the time the task manager lodes the new cpu usage the lagg stops for about 2-3 secs and then starts again
    and with strange things in the task manager i mean like xedfwse.exe with no proper description witch are viruses
    When you open task manager you usually see a few instances of svchost.exe. I had a virus once that called itself scvhost.exe. Not all viruses use strange names.