Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I always say this, but go climb a mountain. You'll never feel better when you're at the top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I always say this, but go climb a mountain. You'll never feel better when you're at the top.
    I think you missed out a word... O.O or you're feeling very apathetic today. ><

10+ Year Old Account
    I think about Death all the time... Any second in your life you can be killed. A meteor can fall on top of you as your playing WoW. I plane can lose control and fly into your house. A million things can happen, it's all around you and you can't get away from it.

Deleted
    It is irrelevant weather you fear death or not - it will happen sooner or later, or as Agent Smith put it... "It is inevitable".
    Therefore it is easy to conclude that life might be more enjoyable if you get rid of that fear and just live your life.

Deleted
    Start worrying about staying alive?

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    I think you missed out a word... O.O or you're feeling very apathetic today. ><
    heh, yeah, I missed a "than" in there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid View Post
    Sounds like some anxiety issues... Maybe you should look into that with your Dr.
    First valid response in this thread.

Death is inevitable so why worry about something you have no control over. Nothing in life is worth worrying about.

Deleted
    You are honestly just thinking to much about it.

Calm down. Relax. Take a deep breath. Take a sit on that comfy couch. Have a cup of coffee. Don't like coffee? Have yourself some hot chocolate. Think about the good things in life...but then again, I suppose that would make you think about death all over again...huh?

Deleted
    "First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're gonna die.". Watch Fight Club, it helped me when i was really depressed, with thoughts similar to yours

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donPilgaard View Post
    You're having anxiety attacks. It hits everyone. What you need is help. Be it medical or mental help (I'm gonna go with the mental help...). Go see a psychologist. They can sort you out, so to speak.
    I don't think you know what an anxiety attack is. An anxiety attack is an uncontrolled, *physical* reaction your body goes through that results in hyperventilation, uncontrolled sweating, among many other ailments. They are temporary and sporadic. An anxiety attack is not "I think about Death all the time and can't get my mind off of it". If anything, that's nothing more than an unhealthy obsession (which could very well lead to other disorders).

And he would need to see a psychiatrist, not a psychologist. Psychology is the theory and understanding of human behavior, psychiatry is the diagnosis and ultimate "fixing" of the disorder, whether by mental stimulation, or drugs. Psychologists, 9/10 times will send you to a psychiatrist because people are confused on what they actually do.

This thread is a perfect example of where not to get your information for something of this nature, these forums.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Everything dies eventually, even the Sun. Just enjoy life and stop thinking about what's going to happen. You can't live forever, make the best of it.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Embrace the notion of death, only then will you be truly free from it's torment.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I'm scared of it myself...but I hardly ever think about it. Maybe twice a year when people bring it up I have trouble with it.

So thanks, now I won't sleep tonight.

For reals : If your dwelling on the thoughts of death its because you arent really living. Inside you are scared youll die before you do that things your inner child had planned out for your life. Listen to yourself, what are you wanting to do differently while you're here? This is along the lines of the "bucket list" idea. tieing up those loose ends.

Again : If your thinking about death you arent doing what your body feels is important while you have the chance

Carpe diem!

get off these damn forums and go ask that girl out, go run that marathon, ask for that raise, buy yourself that motorcycle, Enjoy yourself and fall in love with life!

when your day comes and you have no regrets youll not look back on what you wish you could have done, but smile at all the great adventures and be ready to move onto the next.

Deleted
    I don't get your point?
    You can't keep thinking about stuff?

I think we all have those probs, perhaps not on the same topic and with the same persistence, but we have thoughts.

People who think about sex the whole day, people who think about needing to find a gf or bf, losing weight, their health, their job, their deadlines.
    I for instance have been obsessing about ice cream for the last three days. Definitely not as long as you have, but hey, they are thoughts ^^.

But I'm guessing you didn't come here to actually say I keep having a subject on my mind. Want to bring up that you keep thinking about death as ending your life? Or the meaning of life? Or the endless mystery what comes at death.

See it as a suprise. It is not as if you can change anything about it.(You can't experiment and try to find out, since other people have died and come back for a little bit and not been able to tell anything about the afterlife (might make you believe there is none).
    You might rush or delay your death, but your being on this plane of excistence will most certainly not realise it.
    It is an endless loop, if the end of our life is so meaningless, does our life have any meaning?

I like to look at my pets at such a point, my hamster or cat. What does their life mean? Survival. Eat drink, sleep and linger around. A human's life is the same, just a little more complicated.

come to terms with it, and stop caring so much. seems like you have some sort of ocd and shud check with a doctor.

Deleted
    I wish I could live it out a bit more but I'm low on money and I have no income. I would like to try out an instrument, or rather the instrument that Herbie Hancock starts playing on 0:53 in this video:

How much does that cost, for example? Isn't that like over 100 bucks?

I guess a lot of people comfort themselves when they fear death through their religious viewpoints. Not to get started on that or anything, but at least if you're a Christian you can get excited to see Jesus, right? That's probably not much help....but there are some Christians who seem to be excited at the thought of it. Call me crazy, but I am never going to celebrate dying.

I think I'm far more terrified of the process personally than the event itself. Dying for like 6 months from cancer is like the scariest thing to me. It would depress me more than anything to have to realize day after day that I'm never going to see my friends and family again or at least for awhile depending on your thoughts on the afterlife.
    It's triple-sec and rootbeer.

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.
    Want my advice? I'm exactly in your position right now.
    Standing in front of the laptop at 1 in the morning, i could never sleep well. Dreaming stopped a few years back, it's always blank.
    It hits me like a surge of energy i can't control. Made me hit the wall with my fist next to me. Thinking what a beautiful experience etc, any movie i watch,i always want to keep that emotion going, but then it's like the thought of time hits me, it's finite, it will stop. There's nothing stopping it.
    I became an atheist right after i determined i wouldn't like to bullshit myself my entire life or be hypocritical, so religion won't help(but it isn't excluded, since nothing is yet solidly determined, i only hope my theory of "nothings there" to be wrong)
    Science convinced me through rationale there's no such thing as spirits, we die, it ends, we won't even see the black thing we think of)

What do i do? It's not a solution, but i run, i run like fuck everynight, i run each day against traffic at high speed, i cross over social boundaries with my friends because i can't be put into one place, very few understand the way i think, most of the people i know are sheep and consider trivial stuff to be their only problems in life, such such bullshit. I take chances to get out of line and see my limits. Understand that in life there are no such things as bystanders, you were born you run the risk of dieing earlier or getting hurt. Fuck it, feel the pain, go through obstacles, overcome them, see beyond the limits of your passions.

In essence, do something physical, it will make you feel good. Everything in my world drops once i think about death,then i'm yet again free to build my reality and not live in the other's perception.

If you need a friend mate, i'll be available.
    PM me if you have any questions.
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.