Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    It's pissing me off. I've been having problems not thinking about death about 5 months now. Just mentioning the word "death" makes me think of it. Saying "life" makes me think of it. Just watching pictures of Earth makes me think of death. When I think about what I want to work with in the future the thought can just pop up like that. It's not the thought "It doesn't matter, I'm going to die anyway.", it just pops up. Bam. Sometimes it just pops up randomly (can happen about 5 times per day). Everyone said it would fade over time but it hasn't, it just keep coming back to me and I can't get it off my mind. Any suggestions what to do?
    What's the issue persay, you think about it but so what, are you afraid? I used to be at one point then i eralized there is no point in being afraid of something you can't control. You can't run from death, you can't bargain with it, and inevitably it WILL happen. Fear is a creation of the fight or filght response, and as i said you can neither fight it or make flight... so fear doesn't make sense when you think about it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by donPilgaard View Post
    You're having anxiety attacks. It hits everyone. What you need is help. Be it medical or mental help (I'm gonna go with the mental help...). Go see a psychologist. They can sort you out, so to speak.
    Or you know...speak to other people/friends.

Most people pay psychiatrists just to listen to their problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone dies, plain and simple. Stop spending all your time worrying about the one thing in the future you know will happen and live life in the here and now. Thinking about it won't stop it from happening so just let it go. I really wish I could help you out more, but YOU are the one who will have to face the realization of this, not anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody comes to a phase where they think about death but its a natural cycle of life if it bothers you talk to friends/family it will help you.

When i think about death, i do something life affirming. Like sleeping with a pretty girl.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

What is to think about it ? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I'm not really sure how to accept it though. Not to turn this into "what happens after death"-thread, but I'm not really believing in this whole "when you die everything goes black"-thingy. There's just reasons why there wouldn't. Besides, we don't even know what will happen after death, so how can I accept something nobody knows about?
    It will happen, you can't stop it no matter how hard you think about it, so you better accept it to move on with your life. My signature might help you^^

15+ Year Old Account
    After watching my father slowly die of cancer, it really hit home that we are all going to die. I look at it this way, when I'm on my deathbed, will I be able to look back on my life and be satisfied that I did the best I could? Will I have any regrets? I hope that when I die, I will be able to answer those questions with a simple yes and no. You know you have lived a full life when you can look at death and say "bring it on."

So my advice to you is to get out there and experience everything life has to offer. Only once you embrace life can you accept death.

I think this is a normal phase for a lot of people, coming to grasp with their mortality. I went through it around 13/14 years old, I would dwell on it for hours at a time for months. Eventually, I just came to terms with the fact that everyone dies, and it isn't worth worrying about right now.

If it helps, people <30 years old are expected to live for at least 150 years (if not longer or forever) thanks to improved medicine and nanobots!

10+ Year Old Account
    Death waits for me. Death waits for you. It is there for all of us. None may escape it.

Honestly, death is reassuring to me. It is the only certainty in life. The only constant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

The thing with death is that once you're dead you won't know anyway so there's no use worrying

I give you something to think about, it will crush your head .

Universe is growing all the time, it's getting bigger and bigger, but as we all know, that something can grow you need space for it that it can grow to directions.
    No space = it will stop growing / will not be able to get bigger. So tell me, why is it growing, and what is around the universe that spends space to it to grow?
    Or is it just growing into nothing where nothing is? But how is that possible that something grows into nothing when there is no space to spread and grow in?

Have fun, this question sometimes makes my brain just ran like a overclocked high tech CPU but I could never answer it : (
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

10+ Year Old Account
    probably MC,trying to get eye of sulfuras >_>
    Have a cookie, I promise that by the time you're done, you'll feel right as rain.

Get married and sleep next to it,wake next to it and then you may actually welcome death lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    eat brownies u will feel better
    eat brownies while watching uplifting and entertaining children's cartoons. (I can think of one...)

just do fun stuff that takes your mind off depressing topics and/or accept the death concept and try to get over it. I don't normally dwell on it unless someone mentions the word "funeral"

aw shoot *grabs a tray of brownies*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://kaizerin.tumblr.com/post/2829757761

Go there and click the squares. Receive not thinking about death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    blast heavy metal until the sun comes up

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best way is to start thinking about life and the things you love, think about things that make you happy and do them. Everyone fears death, best way is to just except it will happen one day so make the most of everything. If you love playing wow play wow, if you love coffee drink coffee and so on...

I myself went through that stage and still do think about it sometimes, I found movies helped during that time but i was going through a depression then, is there something that is depressing you? did someone you know pass away?
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

I think about it all the time too. Was driving me nuts. So now I just embrace it. Had to, no choice.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish you the best, and im gonna agree with the others who suggest talking to someone.
    No it doesn't make you weak, it shows you have initiative.
    There's nothing bad about thinking about the after-life, whatever you believe. You got this, broski!