Good classical RPG for Xbox 360 or PS3

Can anyone suggest a good classical-style RPG for the Xbox 360 or the PS3? Something like the old FF3 (FF6 Japanese), for example. Oh, and no first-person RPGs, please. Thanks!

Disgaea 3? Valkyria Chronicles... although that one kinda weird... it's turn based... it's realtime... it's 3rd person but it's good beautiful cell-shaded, almost looks hand drawn, graphics.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

for turn based i would say lost odyssey

or the last remnant

for real time rpgs i sugest star ocean the last hope

and tales of vesperia

also ff 13 but its as a last resort
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Final Fantasy 13 isn't as bad as people say it is. It's linear ok, maybe you don't control your team members but you can give them a general idea of what they need to do via paradigms but the gameplay feels fast paced, it looks good (that be the combat AND the game, in fact I couldn't tell the difference between prerendered cut scenes and the game until I started to look harder), the story is ok, it has some good parts.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

didnt say it was bad i finished everything in it including the achievs, but considering what hes lookin for i think there are better options

last remnant was quite fun from what i remember
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

still in 3/4 of it cause im maxing my unions and doin the achievs in it (yes im an achiev whore even in my xbox) but it is quite fun once u get the hang of things and start to plow through everything

Quote Originally Posted by PricklyBear View Post
    Can anyone suggest a good classical-style RPG for the Xbox 360 or the PS3? Something like the old FF3 (FF6 Japanese), for example. Oh, and no first-person RPGs, please. Thanks!
    You could try ffxiii unless youre crazy against it.

Lost Odyssey
    Demon Souls
    Alchemest of Arland 1 and 2

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Yeah, I do have FF13, but I don't like the fact that it's completely linear, so I didn't get very far with it.

all the ones above and Infinite undiscovery is a good one to

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Meh there hasn't been a good rpg since Baldur's Gate 2... /old man rant

... Anywhoo, I haven't really seen any good rpg's for the ps3, either they are too simplified (think Dragon Age) or just too WTF RAAAAGE! (think Demon Soul)... Guess I'll have to wait for the Witcher 2 for the ps3.
    Oh though for the xbox... Erm, I'd suggest Fable I think.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I really enjoyed Star Ocean but one I have not seen mentioned so far is Eternal Sonata...I think you can get it on either system now and it's pretty fun.

Also, one I have not played is Blue Dragon...you can find that one dirt cheap (maybe because it is not very good? I do not honestly know).

yeah i have and finished everything in eternal sonata, though i dont think he would enjoy it that much, infinite undiscovery is also a good option even though i didnt like much of the crafting system and the combat can sometimes get problematic. blue dragon from what i heard is crap tried demo also didnt impress me

here are the vids for them

Great, now I've added Last Remnant/Lost Odyssey to my list of games to play -_-

I would add the Star Ocean game, but I still have to beat one of the earlier ones...I hate life. Not enough time to finish any games (and I'm just bad at finishing long games).

10+ Year Old Account
    for 360: Blue Dragon
    has a very classic SNES RPG feel to it

for PS3: Hyperdimension Neptunia
    a parody RPG of the console wars that has some humorous elements to it like summoning past Sega game sprites and using your own pictures on your PS3 as summons

on both: Enchanted Arms
    a lot of people didn't like this so maybe research it to see if it appeals to you.

I'm enjoying Ar Tonelico, loaded with innuendo but still good.
    This gen is lacking hard in the JRPG section.
    Fallout, mass effect and all the other FPS and western RPGs don't cut it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmngA14nGxY">

T
    here's also Cross Edge and Record of Agarest War if you're into Strategy RPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Since I suggest oblivion as much as I do, I'm going to do it anyway even though it's not FF type.
    You can go into third person in oblivion :P
    And grab skyrim this nov 11th.

I enjoyed Star Ocean actually. Lost Odyssey wasn't bad but took some getting used to. solid JRPG's. the 360 could really use some more JRPG's.