Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Did Cataclysm kill your server?

The server i play mainly on is straight up dead. Not even a year ago it was filled with life, excitement, and the uncalled for, but yet entertaining, trolls. Public chat on my server just seemed like an additional entertainment feature of WoW. Now my server is, like i said, straight up dead; people ACTUALLY use trade chat to trade and sell things, which is quite amazing from my point. This just shows proof that cataclysm killed my server

How to solve this? Free character transfers please!

P.S. Im not speaking of shadowmoon, im speaking of my main server that i play on. I came to shadow to start fresh cause my main server is just a ghost server.

&also if your guy's server is still like how my server USED to be, state the name and why and maybe your server will finally be a new home for my subscription

Of course Cataclysm killed my server, it killed WoW period!

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Now everybody is crammed into either ogrimmar or stormwind, since we have no choice really. So general is the new chat channel!

Quote Originally Posted by wengthemeng View Post
    The server i play mainly on is straight up dead. Not even a year ago it was filled with life, excitement, and the uncalled for, but yet entertaining, trolls. Public chat on my server just seemed like an additional entertainment feature of WoW. Now my server is, like i said, straight up dead; people ACTUALLY use trade chat to trade and sell things, which is quite amazing from my point. This just shows proof that cataclysm killed my server

How to solve this? Free character transfers please!

P.S. Im not speaking of shadowmoon, im speaking of my main server that i play on. I came to shadow to start fresh cause my main server is just a ghost server.

&also if your guy's server is still like how my server USED to be, state the name and why and maybe your server will finally be a new home for my subscription

so wait wait you enjoyed the game when tarde chat was a tard-fest. you're playing for the wrong reasons entirely

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, faction change did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    so wait wait you enjoyed the game when tarde chat was a tard-fest. you're playing for the wrong reasons entirely
    "..additional entertainment feature of WoW."

I play on Misha Horde side, and you can stick a fork in it.....it's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Recruits...what recruits!? There is no one left to recruit! *sob*

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but it definitely is not as populated as it was.

I think it was more people gravitating towards higher pop realms with PCT as the server population had begun dropping(guilds disappearing, friends quitting, etc.), that really made the impact visible.

it killed the park in stormwind...does that count?
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

Im on Frostwolf and it's pretty much the same, only instead of being an alli server like it was 2 years ago, it's now a horde server. And I know it's not dead because people thought firelands was today and the server is overloaded, none of the raids work haha

Server is still rated at high during peak times, looking at the server lists, only a handful ever say full or high.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    it does seem like the main point he played the game was to spam up trade chat. transfer to Barth alliance...there is always massive amounts of mindless childish trade spam. Even by glancing at it you burn out some brain cells. To even read it for 5 minutes would cause people to become brain dead.

I used to hate reading trade spam because it was a constant reminder that I was playing the game with a bunch of morons.

10+ Year Old Account
    well it killed the rp'ers in the park, other then that no.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Nah, faction change did.
    Server transfers started it. Faction changes are what pushed my server into the crap category.

Judging by warcraftrealms, the activity on the server I had been on is down 50% from the post-Cata peak.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    People really need to stop using the word "Cataclysm" as if it's already happened. It's barely even started.

Derp, take all the trade trolls off ignore again, ta-da! trade troll entertainment. Also, try logging on on peak hours.
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

Deleted
    My server didnt die with Cataclysm. It died with server conversions (like Magtheridon going PvE). My server got all the horde refugee's comign from that server and it destroyed the ratio. Now my server has roughly a 1:9 ally:horde ratio, though Blizzard suggests otherwise.

Should clarify that I mean "active" ratio. The inactive ratio may be more balanced.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2011-06-22 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wengthemeng View Post
    Now my server is, like i said, straight up dead; people ACTUALLY use trade chat to trade and sell things
    They're actually using the TRADE channel to TRADE things? The horror! Yet another example of how Blizzard is catering for casuals... somehow.

Wait, how did Cataclysm factor into all this? Did the influx of Goblin characters pushed off the non-profitable spam out of /2?
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )