Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think it was Cataclysm and the amount of time WoW has been out that is killing everything.

Nope, my server is alive and thriving.

10+ Year Old Account
    My server was always an underpopulated ghetto, but still had a pretty functional little community in WOTLK. At any time of day there was chat going on and PUGs / activities.

I had to quit the game in patch 3.3.3 (because my computer exploded), and when I finally came back this March (4.0.6), the change was pretty jarring. You can literally watch the tumbleweeds go by most times of the day and night. Ghost town.

Could be worse. Could be on a fail realm. I don't wanna point fingers. *cough*BoreanTundra*cough*

Terenas - US = DEAD
    Azjol-Nerub - US = DEAD

Sadface.

Quote Originally Posted by Inbred View Post
    Terenas - US = DEAD
    Azjol-Nerub - US = DEAD

Sadface.
    yes indeed, that is sad
    if only blizzard could combine servers..
    one dead server plus one dead server equals ONE LIVE SERVER? WUUUUUTTTT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is still active, at least the Horde side.

saying the realms died with cata is so so soooo wrong. they started dying with toc, they kept on dying with icc buff and easy farming. the fact that they're seemingly dying again now is that people who came back for cata didn't get their interest back. toc is the root of all evil in this matter tbh.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Killed the 25 man guilds on my server I guess, there are only 5 25 man guilds on my server 2 Alliance and 3 Horde. There are millions of 10 man guilds out on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    saying the realms died with cata is so so soooo wrong. they started dying with toc, they kept on dying with icc buff and easy farming. the fact that they're seemingly dying again now is that people who came back for cata didn't get their interest back. toc is the root of all evil in this matter tbh.
    Everything ever implemented in WoW has killed realms and the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it just killed my guild...3 people just quit tonight because its always the same ol shit just different packaging

Archimonde-US went from garbage in Wrath to complete crap in Cata.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

15+ Year Old Account
    My old server died after ulduar tbh.

Deleted
    Nope. The end of wrath spending so long in ICC made people get up and leave and enjoy the good old outdoors (or a different mmo/game at least).

The game is almost 7 years old man everything dies or becomes not as popular eventually. Just face facts wow is old and old players are leaving due INSERT REASON HERE, and new players dont want to invest in a really expensive old game with a dying fan-base and falling subscriptions when they can get something with rising sub / fresh fan-base etc..

mini disc = dead
    vhs = dead
    betamax = dead
    hd player = dead
    arcade machines = dead
    comic books = dead
    warhammer = dead
    INSERT DATE/TYPE Music = dead
    Black and white TV = dead
    Radio = dead

etc etc etc.. they are OLD! they died.. less people take an interest as time goes by and new things replace. Its not cataclysm that killed your server its age my friend.

If you want something thats getting better go join another MMO with rising subscriptions like aion or rift.. I have to laugh at people who say they are failing (I don't play them myself) but to me rising subs = not failing they are getting bigger and stronger compatison by the day.

age kills everything eventually that's just the law.

"For Every action is accompanied by a reaction of equal magnitude but opposite direction"

Newton's law of motion

it doesn't just apply to bodies just think about it ever heard of something being around forever?
    Last edited by mmoc1ed7397d63; 2011-06-22 at 03:52 AM.

As long as the insane barrier of entry exists WoW will continue to lose subs.

Like an average player is gonna pay full price for vanilla + TBC + Wotlk + Cata just to experience a whole 1 MONTH of the latest content, even before subscription and transfer fees for rolling on an awful "recommended" server.

My server is not dead but it'S crap now

Alot on non raiding guild and only wannabe pvp rbg guild

My Server has been in decline for some time. Cata didn't cause it but it certainly helped.

I just hopped servers and factions last week though and started leveling from the ground up. Picked a high pop server and things have been going great so far.

Deleted
    My server is dead for a long time... At least horde.

Deleted
    My server is still going pretty active, the progress is slower then most realms though. Alliance seem to have the upperhand in PvE nowadays.