Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet Control View Post
    Imprison = Azeroth still has a chance to go on
    Kill = Azeroth is fucked

Horrible analogy by the way.
    That's my point.

People are yelling about how the Titans are weak because they struggled to imprison the Old Gods - oh my god, the titans must be weak compared to them!

It would have been infinitely easier to just completely annihilate the Old Gods and move on - except, they fought them neck to neck and wrestled them down. We're yet to see a Titan at their full power. We're talking about beings with the ability to wipe a planet clean and completely reshape it. Old Gods are simply parasitic lifeforms.

THE TITANS WERE FIGHTING WITH RESTRAINT - is my main point. If they were fighting full force, Azeroth wouldn't even exist in it's current form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Old God

It took many Titans (including Sargeras) to defeat a few Old gods, and they couldn't even kill those
    Maybe sargeras wasnt allow to fully unleash his power because it would destroy azeroth, if they met again i don't think he'd give a fuck he'd one shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    That's my point.

People are yelling about how the Titans are weak because they struggled to imprison the Old Gods - oh my god, the titans must be weak compared to them!

It would have been infinitely easier to just completely annihilate the Old Gods and move on - except, they fought them neck to neck and wrestled them down. We're yet to see a Titan at their full power. We're talking about beings with the ability to wipe a planet clean and completely reshape it. Old Gods are simply parasitic lifeforms.

THE TITANS WERE FIGHTING WITH RESTRAINT - is my main point. If they were fighting full force, Azeroth wouldn't even exist in it's current form.
    Ah, my bad. Read it wrong :P .

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    All of you guys yapping about the Old Gods v Titans when they were imprisoned need to realize something.

It's infinitely tougher to imprison and segregate than it is to simply kill.

Think of it like this: is it easier to just shoot someone in the head and kill them, or wrestle them to the ground and keep them contained? I guessed as much.
    This.

Imagine somebody with a machinegun. Now, would it be easier to shoot him in the face and kill him or try to subdue him bare handed without killing him?

Sargeras was the greatest warrior of the Pantheon and he was chosen to combat the evils of the universe. To me, greatest warrior = most powerful. Aman'thul is the leader of the Pantheon but not neccessarily the most powerful. He is the oldest and wisest and that's probably what made him the leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMonk View Post
    "A battle between a titan and the Old God C'Thun raged in Silithus. The titan fell and it was thought that C'Thun had also fallen - but he survived unnoticed by the titans."

1v1 old god wins sry thank you for playing :/

http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_Gods
    Not. One. Of. The. Pantheon.
    Sargeras was the CHAMPION of the Pantheon. Their best fighter. Wielder of the strongest blade in known lore. Arguably the strongest of all the Titans. The Titan that fell against C'thun was a servant of the Pantheon. It would be like comparing one of the Elite Guards of a world leader with the actual world leader. If C'thun had a difficult battle with the Elite Guard, does his ass stand a chance against the absolute best the Pantheon has to offer?

Deleted
    Sargeras ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Actually, in the War of the Ancients book by Richard A Knaak, Old Gods are clearly seen as the stronger ones.
    A) He also made Malfurion seem overpowered when he is weaker than Ragnaros.
    B) He has a tendency to exaggerate.
    C) Everyone makes the bad guys seem like they are more powerful than they actually are - it's part of making a compelling story. If they were as strong as he made them seem then no one would be able to beat him.

Actual lore > how things appear in a book.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Me.

:+

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    As cool as I think Sargeras is, an old god would win. It took multiple titans to subdue a single old god and many fell trying. He's bad ass, but he's not that powerful, imo.
    Im pretty sure there was only rumours that one titan had fallen as described in some lore that i read. Correct me if im wrong.
    http://darkened.wowstead.com/ <Darkened> Burning Steppes EU Currently Recruiting for Firelands.
    Part Time DK

10+ Year Old Account
    correct me if im wrong but dont oldgods shift to another plane like the twilight plane or something when they are !fully! destroyed on the physical one?

Old God

It took many Titans (including Sargeras) to defeat a few Old gods, and they couldn't even kill those
    " And one of the worlds they encountered after Sargeras' departure was Azeroth."
    Sargeras wasn't there when they fought the old gods and imprisoned them.
    http://darkened.wowstead.com/ <Darkened> Burning Steppes EU Currently Recruiting for Firelands.
    Part Time DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    In sargeras vs old god duel, Thrall would win.

Krasus speculated that should the Old Gods open the gates of their prison even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death. Taken from wowpedia.
    I read alot of lore all the time but this is a hard one.

Anyway my personal opinion is 50/50 becuse none of us can really say how powerfull that one are or the other one are before we have seen them in thier 100% full power.
    we met a weakned Ragnaros at lvl 60 and now we meet him at full power at 85 and still we need help from the demi gods/Ancients to defeat him. And he was working for the old gods -.-. C'thun and Yogg-saron was not even freaking close to thier full power so i bet we will see some of them again in the last expansions. I know sargeras is freaking mega powerfull but still alone vs 1-2 100% powerfull old gods! donu about that one =/. Just saying before we meet sargeras and the rest, or new fresh lore about them so can we only speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    Krasus speculated that should the Old Gods open the gates of their prison even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death. Taken from wowpedia.
    I read alot of lore all the time but this is a hard one.

Anyway my personal opinion is 50/50 becuse none of us can really say how powerfull that one are or the other one are before we have seen them in thier 100% full power.
    we met a weakned Ragnaros at lvl 60 and now we meet him at full power at 85 and still we need help from the demi gods/Ancients to defeat him. And he was working for the old gods -.-. C'thun and Yogg-saron was not even freaking close to thier full power so i bet we will see some of them again in the last expansions. I know sargeras is freaking mega powerfull but still alone vs 1-2 100% powerfull old gods! donu about that one =/. Just saying before we meet sargeras and the rest, or new fresh lore about them so can we only speculate.
    And, as I said, C'thun at full power was equal to a lesser Titan in strength. Which isn't that impressive.

---------- Post added 2011-06-22 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by arrashi View Post
    in sargeras vs old god duel, thrall would win.
    that must mean ragnaros is the most powerful d:.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money would be on Sargeras, individually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras was the greatest warrior of Titans. He then turned into the dark side and gained even more power through demonic shit. Titans defeated Old Gods. Now the question should be "Is the super charged strongest Titan more powerful than an old god?"
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

It's not like they hadn't already rebuilt Azeroth, it's not like they couldn't. They apparently chose not to fix it because "meh, maybe if we imprison these super powerful things it won't bite us in the ass, and i can't be assed to rebuild this planet, that takes time"
    Or maybe they didn't reoriginate the planet because there is something special about Azeroth and its denizens? Like I pointed out in an earlier post in this thread, Know Your Lore at WoW Insider had a great "Tinfoil Hat" article where they speculated that there was a reason they didn't choose to reoriginate the planet.

Edit: I just noticed that, in your first post, you said "Old God. It took many Titans (including Sargeras) to defeat a few Old gods, and they couldn't even kill those" which is incorrect. Sargeras had already defected from the Pantheon by the time they had arrived to Azeroth, if he hadn't, wouldn't he have known about the Well of Eternity before the time of the War of the Ancients? Also, the Pantheon could have EASILY killed the Old Gods and their lieutenants (the elemental lords), but they didn't because it would have meant the destruction of all life on Azeroth (which has been mentioned). This ties into what I said above: we're not really sure why they didn't reoriginate the planet, but it could have been because there is something special about the races that live there. They decided to imprison them instead, and put in fail safes and detectors, if those detectors were ever triggered, then they would have no choice but to reoriginate Azeroth.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-06-22 at 12:49 PM.

i would destroy them all

10+ Year Old Account
    Sarg would probably just stare at them and they'd all explode.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK