Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Troll them. So hard.

OT: You responded in the only correct manner in that situation, OP. Honestly, there needs to be stricter laws to keep cars out of bike lanes. Every week I see more bullshit on the news about a driver injuring/killing a cyclist and getting next to no punishment. Quite frankly it's ridiculous when cyclists are not only not creating air pollution, but reducing congestion as well. That sort of thing needs to be promoted, not judicially enforced to be unsafe.
    Last edited by Papalenin; 2011-06-22 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    Always treat people with respect until they show me they do not deserve it.
    That guy is an asshole.
    And making people bike where cars drive is ludicrous.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I generally try to win the person over by being sweet, but sometimes that doesn't work.
    So then you initiate the sarcasm and make them feel insecure. ;D

"Do you not see the cars in the bike lane, asshole?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I consider it a challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Screw him, he thinks he's better than you? He's on a higher level in the food chain than you? Hell no!!! Screw him, he can't tell you what to do.

1.I point out what they are doing wrong, people are so quick to pick on you when you are on a shitty alt and comment on there lack of x boss kill
    2. Say stupid things trying to piss them off more
    3. If the group is a bunch of cool level headed people we toy with him making sure to kick him right before the last boss
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    3. If the group is a bunch of cool level headed people we toy with him making sure to kick him right before the last boss
    I've done that mid fight on a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I know its cheesy but my mom always told me to kill people with kindness. xD Ignore what they say and don't think to hard on it. Sometimes its hard. But after 2 years of being harassed by my ex-boyfriend (who dumped me - confusing much?) . I learned not to start fighting/arguing i just ignore him, cause people who want to argue I have no time for.
    MEOW

Something along the lines of:

"Fuck off."
    /Ignore

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength" Eric Hoffer

Acting back as a jerk doesn't make u better a person. Going down the angery rude raod wouldn't resolve anything either. You need to realize that many people are under a lot of stress in their lives which reflects on their atitude, it is pity. Don't let any1 take away the peace inside you or plant anger in your young heart. Replying back with a nice atitude always makes you a better person, it is not weaknes it is the height of strength.

Condescending and modest sarcasm.

Love and tolerance, and perhaps a bit of hugging. If you don't want contact with them, a simple 'umadbro' will sufficiently have them leave you alone.

Quote Originally Posted by HCTZ View Post
    "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength" Eric Hoffer

Acting back as a jerk doesn't make u better a person. Going down the angery rude raod wouldn't resolve anything either. You need to realize that many people are under a lot of stress in their lives which reflects on their atitude, it is pity. Don't let any1 take away the peace inside you or plant anger in your young heart. Replying back with a nice atitude always makes you a better person, it is not weaknes it is the height of strength.
    I don't understand this. Normally, I am very patient and nice with angry people, try to dissolve problems quickly. More often then not it never works, and I'm left feeling BAD. I later contemplate how I could of told this person of and how good it would make me feel to give them what they deserve.

When I did this, I felt a surge of confidence that I really don't have, being a pushover. I've actually been happy all day about it.

How does it make you stronger to let people treat you like shit? Have you ever heard of how people who work hardcore retail feel? Most of them hate their jobs and are depressed people because of constantly having to be nice to dickheads.

They will learn to fear me. In time.

On a serious note, I don't ever have to deal with them. I don't ever interact with people I don't know. If they say something to me, I won't know that they did because I'm keeping my attention elsewhere.

So basically, ignoring them seems to work.
    This is a signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by This is a name.
    This is a quote.

You reacted stupidly in this situation. Getting angry and saying fuck you to punks is a good way to get in a fight. People will do stupid things when provoked, and riding your bike right at someone is a good first step on your way to getting punched.

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beanburrito View Post
    I don't understand this. Normally, I am very patient and nice with angry people, try to dissolve problems quickly. More often then not it never works, and I'm left feeling BAD. I later contemplate how I could of told this person of and how good it would make me feel to give them what they deserve.

When I did this, I felt a surge of confidence that I really don't have, being a pushover. I've actually been happy all day about it.

How does it make you stronger to let people treat you like shit? Have you ever heard of how people who work hardcore retail feel? Most of them hate their jobs and are depressed people because of constantly having to be nice to dickheads.
    You know, we could easily have seen a thread made about some idiot who was riding down the sidewalk, putting pedestrians at risk, and had nothing to say except "fuck you." There are always two sides to the story. Just because you believe you were in the right, doesn't mean the other guy didn't think the same.

Edit: And I wouldn't worry about getting pushed around by random strangers, they don't know you. Being an ass right back makes you an ass, no ifs, and or buts. Now if people such as classmates, friends, or co-workers are pushing you around, then you should definitely stand up for yourself. Pro-tip: Saying "fuck you" is an awful way to stand up for yourself, or to help any situation.
    Last edited by Bacon Grease; 2011-06-22 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I out-jerk them.
    Sometimes this. I be an even bigger asshole to them. I search for a nerve, a sensitive spot, and strike it very hard, and very fast. Oh, and I can hold a grudge like no other. I'll remember the injustice done to me until the day I die, and if I see an opportunity to exploit it, or use that nerve of theirs against them again, I'll surely take it.

Other times, I just laugh it off, and tell myself that I'm better than them.

Basically two totally different responses. Which one I pick depends largely on the person and what kind of mood I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

You probably got that adrenaline rush because you felt like you stood up for yourself. Standing up for yourself is good but not all ways of doing it are necessarily great. I would try to be more assertive and stand up for yourself in the future but hopefully by not using profanity and riding bycycles at people. The guy sounded like a jerk and he was probably just looking for someone to yell at and vent for whatever reason so no big deal I don't think there is too much to feel sorry about. Some random guy on the streets tried to make an issue and use you to blame and you said you were not going to tolerate it good for you =D

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could ignore them myself

Sad that I can't so... I pretty much try to be a jerk back

Wish I can do it on these forums, but I don't really wanna another vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    I wish I could ignore them myself

Sad that I can't so... I pretty much try to be a jerk back

Wish I can do it on these forums, but I don't really wanna another vacation
    Be subtle about it? Haha jk...

And yeah to the above I probably should have said something that would have actually impacted the guy instead of just swearing. And not try to run him over. >.>

I usualy try to laugh at them and try to show myself ignorant so they get more pissed.