15+ Year Old Account

bubble on maloriak heroic

as the main tank, during black phase when he is casting the healing black stream thing, does bubble cause the boss to turn toward the raid?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I'd assume so, and you can't taunt him either.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Deleted
    Yes it will cause it to target someone else. The whole flame breath is pretty easy to deal with so I am curious why you would wonder such a thing?
    You get your healer to allign his heals with the finishing time of Engulfing Darkness.
    Lets say for example your healer uses a 1.8 second cast heal, when he see's the boss has 1.7 seconds left on Engulfing Darkness he should start casting that heal, that way the moment its over a heal will land on you(whoever is tanking it) and he will have much more time to top the tank off.
    He has around 3-4 seconds to top the tank off because the next Engulfing Darkness comes.

Hope that helps.

Deleted
    it's easy to tank as a paladin,

with the tol barad trinkey you can have a cooldown up for EVERY cast.
    1) trinkey
    2) dp
    3) adent
    4) 1/2 way through goak
    5) goak stil up for first 1/2
    6) trinkey is back
    7) dp is back
    Phase ends
    you should prbably cast raidwall near the start in this phase as the amount of damg your melle take is very high and they will only be in range of you near the start( or posibly near the end as well depending on your tac)
    Last edited by mmoc1ace84aa42; 2011-06-22 at 10:58 AM.

heres a pro-tip, when hes casting, dont stand in melee range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla View Post
    yea don't ... wouldn't want you generating holy power so you can wog yourself inbetween every other cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    as the main tank, during black phase when he is casting the healing black stream thing, does bubble cause the boss to turn toward the raid?
    Bubble mechanics make it so that whenever you activate it, the target that is attacking you ignores you for the duration of the buff and attacks the second highest player on the threat table. There is no way around it, would break the PvE balance otherwise.
    I have not tanked HC Maloriak myself, but i've seen our paladin just sit there and take the damage, with cooldowns or not, depending on the situation.
    Hope this helps.

Deleted
    He will occationally meele you if you are in meele range in between casts. A meele hit just before the breath can screew you over, and seeing as you can't heal urself when the breath is being cast, being able to WoG yourself isn't going to make a difference. Cooldown usage is the only thing that can save you if you are unlucky while in meele range.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    yea don't ... wouldn't want you generating holy power so you can wog yourself inbetween every other cast.
    yes, dont get meleed and cause a death (and potentially a wipe).

because wog heals for so much

and isnt on a 20 second cd (simple math is hard, i guess)

edit: ask any good (not mediocre) tank, or even the healers, theyll tell you the same thing. but what do i know. not like ive never tanked it before. oh wait

Much more preferable to be at range and not get gibbed by a melee. The healers won't have any problem if you aren't getting melee hits.
    Last edited by Pasture; 2011-06-26 at 02:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im assuming the OP has no faith in his healers?..... am I reading this right? a paladin that has no faith? O.o

Obviously hasn't tanked h-maloriak, at least not well.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 08:40 PM ---------
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoris View Post
    Bubble mechanics make it so that whenever you activate it, the target that is attacking you ignores you for the duration of the buff and attacks the second highest player on the threat table. There is no way around it, would break the PvE balance otherwise.
    Bubble taunt (and a clear macro) can be EXTREMELY useful in many PvE situations, but it doesn't work for black phase Maloriak because he's immune to taunt mechanics etc. You can use it on fights like h-halfus to clear your MS stacks, h-VnT so you don't get phased at a bad time, (You can use bubble as a last resort for add tanking in nef phase 3, aoe stun and bubble at the last second for crackle and then clear it), when magmaw's holding you if really needed (But I prefer to just tab and attack his head), and I always use it during h-conclave when I'm at like 5 stacks of the debuff on the frost platform.
    Last edited by Galith; 2011-06-26 at 08:43 PM.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla View Post
    You mean when he's finished casting his breath.

My first HC boss was Maloriak and I tanked him fine without any heroic gear and I didn't use cooldowns (unless I was dumb and sat in the slime for too long).

15+ Year Old Account
    you'd never bubble on maloriak hc O_O

as maloriak-tank, you just occasionally, as in in-between-breaths, keep your distance of at least 6ft so he doesnt melee you unexpectedly, get healed by a faithful healer that knows his timers&stuff, and everything else is just maloriak as normal.

as add-tank, you get in there, pop a few aggro-cds every black phase, get all those slimes on you asap, i tend to kite them in a large crescent-type of movement around the room, and let the deeeps nuke them down asap. if you're lucky & cocky enough, you can let the possible first release-abos through without interrupting and pickup 3 extra adds to be nuked down - maybe costs you to press divine protection once in a while, but takes even the last bit of spice out of the encounter. nuke - 6 adds in blue/red-phase (eeeeasy to handle), greenphase-nuke and yeehaw.

still - no need to EVER use Bubble on this fight O_o
    or to put it otherwise: if you have to use bubble, well, the raid deserves to die from that next breath