The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

issue with closing a program and WoW

I'm currently having an issue where if i minimize WoW and i close the internet i have running, it will re open WoW instantly, and WoW will be kind of frozen, but if i hit alt tab WoW starts working again. im not sure what is bringing WoW back up after i minimize it and close the program. this is on windows 7 ultimate if that helps at all

10+ Year Old Account
    i have the same issue occasionally, however i just give it up to windows being dumb

If WoW is in fullscreen mode and your browser, note: not "internet", is the only other thing open, closing it will cause WoW to pop back up to the front. The part where it seems frozen is something I experienced running the game in DX11.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Another solution would be to disable programs like TuneUp Utilities Live Optimisation. Which will actively change the process priorities of programs you "bring to the foreground" and consequently "send to the background". Causing lots of programs to appear to "hang". They're quite useful most of the time, but if you're running dual screen or split screen they're a curse.