Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 4.2 - Recruit a Friend to LVL 80 and Free WoW Accounts

For the time being, I'll try to be super awesome with news posts once again!

Patch 4.2 - Patch Notes Update
    Blizzard posted what seems to be the final version of the Rage of the Firelands Patch 4.2 Notes and added RAF to 80, removed the Move Pad feature (moving your character with the mouse only), and clarified the starting conditions of the Legendary Quest.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    General
    Recruit-A-Friend now awards bonus experience and free level grants to level 80, up from level 60.

Interface
    Move Pad is a mouse-click interface for movement which is now built into the base interface.

Legendary Item - Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    Steadfast raiders have an opportunity to embark on a series of quests to create an all-new legendary caster staff. In order to begin the process of assembling the staff, players must first kill a Molten Lord in the Firelands, or have completed any of the achievements Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent, or Throne of the Four Winds. Once any of these achievements have been unlocked, players can accept the quest A Legendary Engagement from Ziradormi in Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar, or Coridormi atop the Wizard's Sanctum in Stormwind (players who have already completed any of these achievements are immediately eligible for this quest). Players who become eligible for the quest series by killing a Molten Lord in the Firelands will automatically receive the quest Your Time Has Come, leading them to the start of the questline. The legendary item questline is only available to druids, mages, priests, shaman, and warlocks.

Free WoW keys sent to subscribers
    The updated Recruit a Friend bonus isn't the only thing Blizzard decided to do, they also sent free WoW keys to a lot of subscribers to let them invite a friend who doesn't want/can't buy the game! You might want to check your email to see if you were elligible to this.

1st! Woo ya, RAF till 80!
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Do any1 know how long you have had to play wow to get the free account to share with a friend? I got a friend thats low on money but I want to start, I have played since vanilla, but I havent received that kind of email, so any1 who got this, how long have u played?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    Do any1 know how long you have had to play wow to get the free account to share with a friend? I got a friend thats low on money but I want to start, I have played since vanilla, but I havent received that kind of email, so any1 who got this, how long have u played?
    Ive played since vanilla aswell, and no email

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes no difference for people who live in countries that don`t receive this wondrous perk in spite of the fact we pay the same as everyone else.

Oh goody, now I won't have to wait to begin with my quest again.

yea but does it work if your currently linked right now this come patch day
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

As far as I know this will be active when the patch 4.2 is out, so wendsday. Try checking the email then. It is the best I got for all of ya

What you see posted is exactly what comes in the email. Been playing since vanilla, received one. Perhaps the consistency of subscribe time is a factor, or just simply random.

Isn't the game like $5 dollars anyway?...the friend would still have to subscribe, so what exactly is this "reward" for veteran subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    Isn't the game like $5 dollars anyway?...the friend would still have to subscribe, so what exactly is this "reward" for veteran subscribers.
    Do you know how much easier it is to convince friends to actually start playing if you already have the possibility to give them an account? :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    Epics obviously !!!

Its a 5 $ gift then ... not enough ?

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

BTW, have any1 from EU got this? or just people from US? Would be nice to know :P

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    removed the Move Pad feature (moving your character with the mouse only)
    Can someone vonfirm this?
    Because on PTR you are still able to use this feature...

' players must first kill a Molten Lord in the Firelands, or have completed any of the achievements Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent, or Throne of the Four Winds. Once any of these achievements have been unlocked, players can accept the quest A Legendary Engagement from Ziradormi in Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar ' . Does it include The Bastion of Twilight achievement ( which you need to clear all 4 boss in normal mode in BoT raid ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    BTW, have any1 from EU got this? or just people from US? Would be nice to know :P
    I think its not yet active in EU region, maybe it will be in the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nke View Post
    Ive played since vanilla aswell, and no email
    I called Blizzard Entertainment on this the other night. Trevor from Customer Service mentioned even though you might have been playing since Vanilla World of Warcraft that you also had to have an active account for a certain amount of time. He didn't go into much detail about this, but from what I gathered if you had a few dry months of no active subscription you might be excluded from the list.

It would make more sense to look at the account creation date (which got removed with the new Battle.net interface) however they should be able to see this.

Kinda sad that they arent giving it to people who have taken breaks from the game.

I got this e-mail and I deactivated my account last month. I figured that was the reason they gave me the offer, to try and win me back.

Oh sure, right in the month that my subscription has run out and I decide to wait for patch 4.2 before resubbing... Go figure >_