Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Point Conversion Sellback Policy

Point Conversion Sellback Policy
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the release of 4.2 all Valor Points will be down-converted to Justice Points, and all Conquest Points will be down-converted to Honor Points. To curb the ability to sell items back to the vendors after the conversion for the higher currency, we’re instituting a new sellback policy for items purchased directly before currency down-conversions.

Items purchased within the two hour window before the release of 4.2 will lose their ability to be sold back to the vendor when the realms are brought down for maintenance. No refunds will be granted for items purchased during this time, either by the in-game vendors, or our support departments.

As an example, I buy the Vicious Gladiator's Battle Staff at 2:30 a.m. The servers come down for the release of 4.2 half an hour later. Normally I would still have an hour and a half after the servers return to sell the item back to the vendor. With this policy change though, upon logging in my item can no longer be sold back to the vendor.

This policy is only in effect for maintenances that include currency down-conversions, such as the release of 4.2. To ensure you don’t purchase the wrong item with the inability to sell it back, we recommend buying well before the final two hours so there’s time to change any incorrect purchases.

For more information on the down-conversion please refer to: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562

but honor can still go over the cap for the week right?

LMAO A guy on a Jesse Cox video asked Jesse if you could buy things before patch (for valor) and then use the sellback thing to get the valor back after the patch like 2 days ago. I knew Blizz watches Jesse's videos...
    Last edited by zakayron; 2011-06-26 at 11:29 AM.
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    but honor can still go over the cap for the week right?
    Wonder the same will both honor and justice go over cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosz View Post
    As in will you keep any honor/justice over 4000 when 4.2 hits? If thats your question no, you'll get gold for anything over a 4k combined of conquest/honor and justice/valor points.

The maximum allowable justice and honor points you will have when 4.2 hits is 4k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosz View Post
    As long as you mean the 4000 total cap, the answer is clearly NO.
    Just look into the patch notes

what abt justice points?can u still buy jp items and resell them back?

Quote Originally Posted by Khamael View Post
    "All existing Conquest Points in the Currency tab have been converted to Honor Points. Any points above the Honor Point cap must be spent within the next week before Season 10 starts. Once Season 10 begins, all Honor Points exceeding the 4,000 point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point and mailed to characters."

From the patch notes.

You have one week to bring your combined Conquest/Honor points (which are now ALL Honor points) below 4000.

For Valor and Justice however you instantly have converted to gold anything above 4k combined once the patch goes live, no one weeks grace to spend.

Deleted
    Wait, what happens if i buy it like 2 days before patch and don't come online before the patch is deployed? >

Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    think it's only for the valor to Justice conversion, so i think that since JP wont be downgraded it's safe to say that it'll be ok there.

and btw i love this idea! it messes up those that had been planning on cheesing getting gear and quick VP!

Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    Don't think so, as the post starts out mentioning JP and VP items. Otherwise you'd have people trying to get VP early, or extra JP to gear faster.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aParadise View Post
    Wait, what happens if i buy it like 2 days before patch and don't come online before the patch is deployed? >
    It's done server side, you're still screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamael View Post
    Actually, they clearly say that honor above the 4000 point cap will be converted to gold when the new season starts, which currently is 1 week after 4.2 is expected to go live.

Deleted
    Will JP prior to 4.2 be deleted? Or will they be merged with the VP one has before 4.2?

Hadn't actually thought of this - sneaky. But meh, they plugged it already, oh well

Deleted
    What if you buy the item TODAY and log out until 4.2? Since the 2h only counts when you're online, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    What if you buy the item TODAY and log out until 4.2? Since the 2h only counts when you're online, don't they?
    will still be the same thing, even if you do that blizz will track if there's any of the "can refund in so and so time" items and will get rid of it regardless

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlot View Post
    Will JP prior to 4.2 be deleted? Or will they be merged with the VP one has before 4.2?
    Merged, not deleted.

Deleted
    curse.com sucks. told you from the start. and this didn't come as a shock that they would screw mmo-champ over.

this was the first and definately not the last time, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heimia View Post
    curse.com sucks. told you from the start. and this didn't come as a shock that they would screw mmo-champ over.

this was the first and definately not the last time, trust me.
    Wrong thread. Also, hardware failures can happen to anyone, get over it, I'm pretty sure 48hrs in the real world isn't a death sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    The simpliest way of looking at what they want to do is as follows: Any item that has the 2 hour refund timer on it when the server goes down to apply 4.2, all those items will become soulbound, regardless of when you bought it.