Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ah, clever. Seems they are right on time with this - or, i wonder if they found out the hard way in the past?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Actually, they clearly say that honor above the 4000 point cap will be converted to gold when the new season starts, which currently is 1 week after 4.2 is expected to go live.
    I'm sure I read it that way too, so you have 1 week to spend any excess honor before anything over 4k will get converted to gold upon the new season start, however I'm not entirely sure. Got link to blue post? Can't seem to find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel so bad for those with around 50.000 Conquest Points who were looking forward to completely skipping anything related to honor in this season, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    I feel so bad for those with around 50.000 Conquest Points who were looking forward to completely skipping anything related to honor in this season, haha.
    Doubt there were many.

I think some might have saved a few points, but it isn't all that bad considering that any honor (converted from CPs) exceeding 4k will just fill your wallet a bit. Money is welcome thing after all considering all the gold sinks that a major content patch brings with it.

The timer wont play any part in the refund of the item, seeing as they are making the current vp and cp items only return the lower tier of points after the patch hits, it wont matter when you buy it or how you try to cheese it, the items themselves will be changed so that they only give the lower tier of points back. That being said you can still cheese having over 4000 honor points or valor points by spending the higher tier on items and just buying and re selling all week till the new season hits so potentially you could have 8000 vp or hp saved up in items and points.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    Doubt there were many.

I think some might have saved a few points, but it isn't all that bad considering that any honor (converted from CPs) exceeding 4k will just fill your wallet a bit. Money is welcome thing after all considering all the gold sinks that a major content patch brings with it.
    It's bad when you consider how much gold you COULD have made in the time it would take to earn 50,000 HPs

Now it will make since to me. Sweet

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mtawney1313 View Post
    It's bad when you consider how much gold you COULD have made in the time it would take to earn 50,000 HPs
    Sure, you are right there.

I was more referring to the fact that we actually get something out of our excess CPs and Honor. I remember the days they just simply wiped it clean, so I guess something is better than nothing.

Will the conversion selldown policy affect JP items or just valor and conq? For example, buying current ilvl 346 blues and then selling them back after the patch for JP in return?

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Will the conversion selldown policy affect JP items or just valor and conq? For example, buying current ilvl 346 blues and then selling them back after the patch for JP in return?
    I hope this change will affect JP and Honor points.. If it didnt then it would be "silly". But! if you try it, and you can sell them back, il bet they will remove the items afterwards anyway

Tho i would like to know aswell, if so il do it on my alts! But its a shame since i have been spending everything on cloth and crystals for ages
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Ah, clever. Seems they are right on time with this - or, i wonder if they found out the hard way in the past?
    For point transfers, Its not been done this way in the past. Previously, the announcement would be made and you just had to buy what you could before the higher PvP tier points were wiped out. There were tokens you could buy to downgrade any leftover arena points into honor, but you were capped at about 2000 honor worth of conversion tokens IIRC. For PvE, there was no points, just tokens and they continued to buy exactly what they bought before the content patch... there were just new tokens that came from new content and new items to buy with them. This is the first time PvE is getting a "conversion".

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    It says any Items wont be able to be sold back after servers restart, only the one example was conquest--but that doesn't limit the policy to conquest only or even conquest and valor. I would definitely expect it to apply to all item sellback cooldowns regardless of which tier vendor you bought them from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosphet View Post
    The simpliest way of looking at what they want to do is as follows: Any item that has the 2 hour refund timer on it when the server goes down to apply 4.2, all those items will become soulbound, regardless of when you bought it.
    Won´t be soulbound - you just can´t return them to get the points back.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Wrong thread. Also, hardware failures can happen to anyone, get over it, I'm pretty sure 48hrs in the real world isn't a death sentence.
    It can be if you're in a critical industry like medical/energy.

Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    LMAO A guy on a Jesse Cox video asked Jesse if you could buy things before patch (for valor) and then use the sellback thing to get the valor back after the patch like 2 days ago. I knew Blizz watches Jesse's videos...
    its actually all over the arena junkies website too which im sure either blizzard read or has been reported to the devs by people.

LMAO A guy on a Jesse Cox video asked Jesse if you could buy things before patch (for valor) and then use the sellback thing to get the valor back after the patch like 2 days ago. I knew Blizz watches Jesse's videos...
    Hey look, its another so-called youtube legend that screw us all.
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

Max out points

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Won´t be soulbound - you just can´t return them to get the points back.
    Blizz just wants to prevent your can't buy higher tier items with having deserved them. From what I read you can definitely buy gear to make sure the lower tier won't get over your cap. So you can convert all your conquest points to honor points, buy gear that is not going to get upgraded (like BOA heirlooms), and sell them back after the patch (one by one). At no point you can have more than 4000 points, so anything over that will be wiped.

You can not, get any valor or conquest gear like this, you will have to earn the points.
    You can save more than 4000 justice points or honor points like this. (Unless Blizz decides otherwise)

Don't forget you can trade honor with justice points, to max out your point savings.

By the way, what I have done in the past is to buy point gear, get refund, but use it in the meantime (no enchants / gems), just to get started. For some reason all the drops ALWAYS are exactly the piece that I just bought... and this kind of solves that. Forgetting to sell back in time does not - lol.

In any case, it is just a game, looking forward to the shorter dungeon queues now all the crafter tanks need their orbs, and the runs will be easier now some of us will be outgeared :-0

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    It can be if you're in a critical industry like medical/energy.
    Good thing curse doesn't encompass either of those fields then Amirite
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

great they watch it. Thanks for ruining the best idea of Cata so far.

I still miss EnB.

So uhm patch mirrors?