Xenoblade/Monado Beginning of the World is the #1 Game on Amazon RIGHT NOW

Would you like to see it yourself? http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

Why is a game that was in the 12000s yesterday all the way up today? Well, it has to do with a community effort called Operation Rainfall ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rainfall ) that has led to a mass of Nintendo fans crying out for one thing: games. Specifically, games like Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. Games that Nintendo is refusing to localize in North America because they're too busy putting out Wii Play Motion, Fortune Street, and other mini-game fests.

Yes, there's Zelda. Sure, there's Kirby. But otherwise there has been nothing for this entire year, and nothing for next year.

Xenoblade already has been translated to English for its European release. All we want is for Nintendo of America to bring it over.

Nintendo's facebook page is getting pounded by people making similar requests. Surges of tweets are also going against them. But it isn't just social media at play, nor preordering on Amazon. There is also a massive snail-mail campaign for all three games. You can delete an email, but it is far harder to turn a blind eye to a giant stack of physical letters.

Want to know even more? http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/2011/06/xenoblade.html

Help stop the Wii game drought. Nintendo has games they could localize and bring over. Heck, one of them is already localized. They said they'll listen to their "core" fanbase when they revealed the WiiU at E3. Well, it's time to make them listen.

A game coming to EU and not the US, shouldn't it be the other way around?

10+ Year Old Account
    If only Nintendo of America would start releasing more awesome games likes this for the Wii; I would be more inclined to buy something for my Wii XD

Well, Xenoblade remains on top of Amazon's list for over 30 hours now.

Meanwhile, Nintendo has responded to their fans on their facebook page and twitter with their typical "we're announcing an announcement to confirm that an announcement will be announced" spiel. So who knows where this will go. It could be good, or it could be directed to "Instead of Xenoblade, why not pick up Wii Play Motion! HARCOXRE"

check out the amount of comments: http://facebook.com/Nintendo

oh they're changing the title? that's good. i never understood why they called it xenoblade. (been a while since i played it, but i could swear they never made any reference to the game title).

Last Story could make it out of japan, but i doubt it for pandora no tou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know what the control scheme for this is. Ive been wondering for a while. Like it appears similar to Monster Hunter on Wii and that used the Classic Controller so im hoping this is the same way.

control scheme for xenoblade is wiimote+nunchuk or classic controller.

So explain to me how a game not released yet can be the number one? Whats the criteria and why should we care?

it's on the #1 best seller within the past three days due to all the preorders for a game that took ages to get a release out of japan.

he's arguing that nintendo is being lazy/ignoring fans outside of japan by not localizing games that he likes.

generally the best solution is to just study japanese and play it that way(it's what i did). in the past, people have tried doing similar things to japanese game manufacturers and the like, but it generally does not succeed. at least, it never worked for half of the "tales" games for the ps2.

the problem that most people like the op fail to see is that there aren't many fans for jrpgs left in the us, at least in comparison to all the people who have a wii just for party games(seriously, we all have that aunt or uncle who has a wii but only play wii sports). either way, the time and money spent localizing a game that just wont sell too well, especially with all the heavy licensing that the us has (which is why i'm assuming it's getting a european release and not a us one), it just doesn't make sense for a company to release a game overseas. (i should add that the wii is region locked, unless your wii is hacked, you can't play games outside your region meaning that people in the US can't just order the eu version)

double post
    Last edited by asher1611; 2011-06-27 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Kotaku,

Yankee RPG fans have taken it upon themselves to convince Nintendo to take action. ... that campaign (which now has a name, Operation Rainfall) took a more practical turn over the weekend, fans signalling their wishes by voting with their wallets. Or, at least, their intent to purchase. ... The stunt has caught the eye of Nintendo of America, who posted on their official Facebook site "Hey fans, we appreciate your enthusiasm. Look for more updates to come soon!". Cue, at time of posting, almost 1500 comments, all of them screaming for not just a localised version of Xenoblade Chronicles, but The Last Story and Pandora's Tower as well. There are even madmen calling for Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem.
    Considering the fact that I'm pretty sure there's a British English option in the EU version of the game, all they would have to do is alter the dialog a bit, localize it for the US and start shipping it over.

I personally would love to see a US version of quite a few Nintendo RPGs.

I've never heard of any of these games, but I'm all for more decent JRPGs stateside.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Great, good for those games.

NOW DO LAST STORY, THANKS NINTENDO, APPRECIATE IT

A US release of Last Story would make me dust off my Wii in a fuckin' heartbeat. I've heard nothing but lavish, lavish, lavish praise for the game out of Japan.