Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

http://fatsickandnearlydead.com/

I watched this documentary on Netflix and it's really very interesting. I'm seriously considering going on a juice fast. Has anyone tried this? Please tell me your thoughts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeryx View Post
    http://fatsickandnearlydead.com/

I watched this documentary on Netflix and it's really very interesting. I'm seriously considering going on a juice fast. Has anyone tried this? Please tell me your thoughts. Thanks.
    Not sure I got this, is a "juice fast" like a diet? Because if it is, leave it be. Really doesn't help, same as every single other diet out there.
    [Because if they would work, they'd lose their own customers, hence they try to sell bullshit.]

Imo "just" change your diet all around, more fresh food, watch the carbs, eat at the right times, yadda yadda.

Something tells me drinking juice for that long isn't healthy. That and it seems like it'd really lack nutrients..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    same as every single other diet out there.
    [Because if they would work, they'd lose their own customers, hence they try to sell bullshit..
    I have to disagree, diets and other fitness programs that work make their money because people hear they work, and try them for themselves. I do agree that a lot of overweight/obese people could do a large number with only a few small changes in their diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Something tells me drinking juice for that long isn't healthy. That and it seems like it'd really lack nutrients..

It isn't juice like...kool-aid. It's actually chalk full of nutrients. However I don't know where they are getting their protein. Going to resub to netflix just to watch this i think.
    Last edited by Roggan; 2011-07-13 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not fat. So I don't need a diet. HURRAH FAST METABOLISM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    I'm not fat. So I don't need a diet. HURRAH FAST METABOLISM.
    You keep telling yourself that. :<

Deleted
    losing weigth, especially fat. Takes more effort than just drinking the right fruit/vegetables.
    Try to cut down to 6-8 Small meals a day and just drink water & Green tea(without sugar)
    and if you can, go out to the gym. You don't have to do the treadmill(spelling?) perse. You could lift weights to lose weight aswell, aslong as you're doing it propperly.
    I'd say, make your own juice and start for yourself.

I eat food everyday, I'm not fat.

/trollface

6am: 2 eggs, packet of oatmeal with 2% milk
    9am: Some type of berries and/or another fruit, 1 scoop protein shake.
    11am: Serving of chicken or fish (grilled or baked), 1 serving brown rice (that "brown" part is very important)
    1pm: Serving of baby carrots with natural peanut butter, serving of nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, unsalted peanuts); I usually do almonds
    post workout (5pm-ish): 2 scoop protein shake
    6:30-7:30: Serving of chicken or fish (grilled or baked), double serving of vegetables.
    8-9pm: Serving of Chobani Greek Yogurt with fruit on the bottom.

I also have 20oz. of water with every one of those meals except the post-workout one. Try this diet (I don't even wanna call it that because a "diet" to me implies that you'll fall off the wagon in 3 months, I think of this as a new eating plan) out for awhile and see how you like it. Just keep mind don't cover in anything like salt, butter, etc. You want to keep the fat, sodium, and carb intake down. If you want some flavor to your food, I use McCormick or Mrs. Dash salt-free seasonings.

The whole premise on what I listed above for eating is to reduce fat, sodium, carb intake and to eat as much fresh food as possible. The closer you get to fresh food, the better off you'll be. If you have any more questions, I will gladly answer through a PM. I've currently lost 27 pounds just following this simple plan, and you'll find that when you start eating these foods, you will not miss the crap you were eating before.

ballooned up from a normal 180-185 to 197 the last couple months.

Step one, I cut out the carbs. All of them, becasue I like my beer and its loaded with them, this way I can still suck down a few.
    Step two, I got off of my dead ass and started riding the bicycle sometimes alone sometimes with the wife and kid. everthing from 3-5 easy miles, to a nice 20+ mile trip last saturday.

Step three a week later I weighed my fat ass. 193 lbs.
    Honestly I feel better already, and as a smoker (yeah I know its bad) I'm feeling less winded and tired too. After one lousy week. I'm going to keep this up at least well into fall, when I start eating and sitting on my ass all winter again.

It ain't hard, just cut out the shit and get off of your ass. ;)))

edit: I couldn't do a juice diet, unless it was margaritas.
    Last edited by FlyinCarp; 2011-07-13 at 10:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Diets are a big old fat scam, drinking nothing but juice is madness.

As somebody else mentioned change your diet, and start going for a run or a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    You keep telling yourself that. :<
    im underweight and eat like a pig :>
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    As a chef, "diet" is the dirtiest word in the English language to me.

Wait, no. "Vegan" is worse.

Starving yourself is not a diet. There are no shortcuts to losing weight. If you really want to lose it properly, you need to expend more energy than you are taking in. Honestly the idiocy of people jumping onto the newest diet thinking they can lose weight by doing nothing at all. It takes effort and self control. I mean have you seen the ads to machines which claim you can lose weight by just sitting/standing on them? It makes no sense. Companies will always target the gullible, uneducated people on this to make them think they can lose weight using minimal effort. It's a sad fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    As a chef, "diet" is the dirtiest word in the English language to me.

Wait, no. "Vegan" is worse.
    Jamie Oliver is that you ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gvd13 View Post
    Starving yourself is not a diet. There are no shortcuts to losing weight. If you really want to lose it properly, you need to expend more energy than you are taking in. Honestly the idiocy of people jumping onto the newest diet thinking they can lose weight by doing nothing at all. It takes effort and self control. I mean have you seen the ads to machines which claim you can lose weight by just sitting/standing on them? It makes no sense. Companies will always target the gullible, uneducated people on this to make them think they can lose weight using minimal effort. It's a sad fact.
    This, exercise & healthy eating customs are the way to go. There's no going under the fence when dropping weight!

Quote Originally Posted by gvd13 View Post
    I wanna kinda expand on that a little. You are absolutely right, you need to burn more calories than you take in. But that is such a vague and commonly misunderstood statement. Even if you're taking in less calories, if you're not putting the right food in your body, then you're not going to see any results. Before I started my above mentioned eating plan, I was eating, what I thought, a healthy plan. It involved skillet dinners (ranging from 300-500 calories a serving, 2 servings to a bag), Clif bars, and protein bars. Now while those foods weren't the worst thing in the world, one of the biggest problems with that diet was the absurdly high amount of sodium (3500 mg I was taking in on average a day), and all the "white" carbs that were in them (white rice, white pasta, potatoes). So while I was exercising, and portioning my meals to only take in what I needed, I only lost a few pounds and then stayed stagnant. Now that I've been following my new plan, I've been losing the steady 1-2 pounds a week, while retaining all the muscle I have.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggan View Post
    It isn't juice like...kool-aid. It's actually chalk full of nutrients. However I don't know where they are getting their protein. Going to resub to netflix just to watch this i think.
    You also need dietary fat to function properly. There are certain juices I've come across that have decent amount of protein, but I never tried them. I prefer to eat my calories, much more satiating.

Don't really watch too many movies, more into shows. But I'll be sure to watch this, is it only available on netflix?

Deleted
    I feel sorry for the teeth of who ever does a juice only fast.